1 hour ago, Fros7bite said:

Looking great! Are you confident that the plate is supposed to be that low on the body?

Moved it a bit up. Now it should be good.

• Like 4

I wasn't a huge fan of this type of vest when it first started doing the rounds, the real one that is, but it's actually growing on me, and looking forwards to seeing it replicated in Arma3 .

Good effort mate

• Like 5

Hey man, i LOVE your work. I use your old pack all the time when taking pics, and i'm really looking forward to the new stuff!
I saw on your facebook page that you have modeled some open mag pouches with Pmags, but have you considered adding closed pouches? Or open pouches with regular STANAG mags? There are many weapons that can't fit Pmags in them, for instance the HK416. Just a suggestion :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemen23 said:

Hey man, i LOVE your work. I use your old pack all the time when taking pics, and i'm really looking forward to the new stuff!
I saw on your facebook page that you have modeled some open mag pouches with Pmags, but have you considered adding closed pouches? Or open pouches with regular STANAG mags? There are many weapons that can't fit Pmags in them, for instance the HK416. Just a suggestion :)

Not really that knowledgeable on magpul gear, but arnt Pmags and Emags nearly identical visually? Although Im not really sure if the cool army guys (and those navy dudes) use them.

5 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Not really that knowledgeable on magpul gear, but arnt Pmags and Emags nearly identical visually? Although Im not really sure if the cool army guys (and those navy dudes) use them.

Left is Emag, right is Pmag. The Emag is slightly narrower and fits perfectly in 416s and other weapons with tight magwells. But the plain old STANAG is still the most used mag, and would be nice to have :)

GPZX0rA.jpg

• Like 2

That said any polymer mag with the little "nubs" on the side won't fit in the F2000 unless you grind the nubs off or remove the magwell dust flap

Shouldn't this be in the Addons & Mods Discussion section?

or have I missed a download link?

On 8/22/2017 at 10:40 PM, Adacas said:

The stuff you have listed I don't call "accessories" these are mandatory items to have and of course those will be modeled. What I asked is what else I could add to make the vests and loadouts as unique as possible. 

If you're still looking for suggestions

- Medical pouches (IFAK's) and gear (CATs, Shears, etc)

- Knifes (SOG Seal, LMF II)

- Multitools (Leathermans, Gerbers)

- various models of strobe (for example the new Helstar F2 is getting popular with SOF)

- GPS's (Garmin Foretrex, there's a new 601 and 701 wrist ballistic computer they're taking preorders for)

- Radio coms (different PTT buttons like peltor, Racal RA6000s, tri racal, general dynamics etc, various antennas, mix of 148s, 152s, 343's etc)

- Ammo (Mix of stanags, painted, magpuls, E/Pmags ,etc)

- Variety of chemlights (Some guys carry shorter 3" ones, others wrap theirs with tape to cut down the light)

- Variety of grenades like smokes, flashbangs, etc (preferably with full specular and normal maps so they're not eye piercing colors with no reflections or detail)

Sometimes you see guys with stretch lanyards (Usually refereed to as 'Operator/Personnel retention lanyards) for attaching to mounting points on helicopters when they're sitting of the side or on benches (MH-6's or in the door of UH-60s) 

Also, bit pedantic, but nothing annoys me more than when a vest has 6 mags, 2 grenades, 4 pistol mags, a GPS, a CAT, a dump pouch and a IFAK... and then in game it can only hold 4 mags and a grenade...

Also a big fan of being able to either easily edit patches on vests or set texture on the patches. That way groups can use their own or different roles can have different patches without requiring 1000 different diffuse maps.

1 hour ago, easyeb said:

Shouldn't this be in the Addons & Mods Discussion section?

or have I missed a download link?

Adacas had the mod name changed and he is reworking it. The previous mod is released you can find it here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31349

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

Adacas had the mod name changed and he is reworking it. The previous mod is released you can find it here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31349

Yeah, I know. It's just two different mods. Usually the moderators are on point with stuff like this, but all of a sudden it's "as you wish".

1 hour ago, easyeb said:

Yeah, I know. It's just two different mods. Usually the moderators are on point with stuff like this, but all of a sudden it's "as you wish".

What do you exactly mean as you wish?

And it's not really 2 different mods. This is the mod renamed.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 7:22 PM, lemen23 said:

I don't think I'll do any closed mag pouches. For me they are so impractical and inconvenient. Ever since I started playing airsoft I felt the need to immediately switch out from any bungee mag retention and closed pouches. Kydex inserts, FAST mags and everything else that allows fast draw is the key. 

4 hours ago, easyeb said:

Don't see the problem here man. I just didn't want to create a new thread since this one has a big following.

• Like 9

Your mags staying clean, so your weapon won't stockage after a month living in the dirt is even more key.

oh wait...airsoft... ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Crielaard said:

Your mags staying clean, so your weapon won't stockage after a month living in the dirt is even more key.

oh wait...airsoft... ;)

It doesn't matter if it is airsoft or real firearm proper magazine maintenance is required at all times. Your comments adds no value to the topic except you just wanted to be sarcastic...

• Like 6

Not as far as I know, Adacas is working on another gear pack at present. MilGP is expansive enough and I'm sure that he will update the pack if any major changes cause bugs or configs.

His new pack looks rad though.

• Like 1

I think MilGP in it's current form is nearly perfect. Can't launch A3 without it.

The only thing I would like to see "adjusted" is the aor2 helmets colour... they are much brighter than the uniform. 

1 hour ago, jacobs said:

I think MilGP in it's current form is nearly perfect. Can't launch A3 without it.

The only thing I would like to see "adjusted" is the aor2 helmets colour... they are much brighter than the uniform. 

Adacas already explained it, the helmet is a different material from the uniform so it is normal that it looks brighter as the helmet doesn't have a cover 

• Like 1

OK, I didn't knew the difference in colour was intended. Thanks for clear that up.

• Like 1

@AdacasIt seems the following uniform sets are using an old (2 years or so) base model with leg selections being underground:

- Fleece + G3 Field Pants
- G3 Field Set
- PCU + G3 Field Pants

The following set however works fine:

- Tshirt + G3 Field Pants

dlWYOXK.jpg

As you can see that breaks ACE3 for example, and anything using those 2 memory points (more so when prone). This bug has been fixed in sample models soon after Arma 3 release.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Not as far as I know, Adacas is working on another gear pack at present. MilGP is expansive enough and I'm sure that he will update the pack if any major changes cause bugs or configs.

His new pack looks rad though.

We're using MilGP and are pretty happy with it! Though, the one major issue we have with it is exactly this error:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121570

@Adacas it seems that if you just would add the insignia selection to the uniform that would instantly be fixed. (at least as far as I understand it)

• Like 1

IF @Adacas allows retexturing of his uniforms, you could add the insignia line in your own custom config.

Problem solved!

As mentioned, you'd need to make sure retexturing is allowed.

21 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

IF @Adacas allows retexturing of his uniforms, you could add the insignia line in your own custom config.

But that will only help us, instead of everyone who uses the mod. :)

• Like 2