33 minutes ago, T. Ditch said:

Rangers and raiders are considered more towards tier 2 forces

The main United states Tier 1 forces:

• DELTA Force (1st Special Forces Operational Delta) - Army
  • DEVGRU (Naval Special Warfare Development Group, Seal Team Six) - Navy
  • 24th Special Tactics Squadron - Air Force

Still gives plenty of options for Gear if the mod is solely based for Tier 1 forces worldwide

I wouldn't be relying on Quora for your information mate.

especially when they say stupid shit like this

" Delta and DEVGRU are so elite that they typically don't wear military uniforms at all in order to remain completely anonymous "

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Adacas said:

Time to get back into the game.

After thinking for a while now I want to start a new project. I'm not happy with MilGearPack anymore and in order to rework it the way I want it would take for ever at this stage.

What I would want to do in the new project is create Tier 1 gear pack. I wanna up the quality for everything. This means I would create completely everything from scratch with higher quality than the current assets I use. For the first release I would like to model new AN/PRC-152 radio model, G3 Combat uniform, vest (haven't decided yet), and all of the necessary vest pouches. I also finally have graphic tablet from my patreon supporters. I had a chance to test it out when I was doing college assignment. I'm really happy with it and now I can't even imagine modelling without it. It improved my workflow and quality. 

Let me know what you think about these changes and if anyone wants to help me out with the project write me.

Is performance/RAM usage being taken into account? Just bumping up the poly count wouldn't be ideal I imagine. Also, we already have a well detailed AN/PRC-152 in ACRE2. ;)

Yeah that will give you more of a variety with what you decide to make ether way it will be amazing.

And Maybe a Crye JPC/CPC with a dangler or something like that.

42 minutes ago, jonpas said:

Is performance/RAM usage being taken into account? Just bumping up the poly count wouldn't be ideal I imagine. Also, we already have a well detailed AN/PRC-152 in ACRE2. ;)

Well if you're willing to share it that would be great :)

• Like 1

I'm glad to see you're going to share your awesome creations with the community once again mate!

If you're considering taking requests for your new project, I'd love to see some kit that is used by the Australian commandos. Or even SASR.

Cheers!

And thanks for sharing.

42 minutes ago, TacticalDropBear said:

I'm glad to see you're going to share your awesome creations with the community once again mate!

If you're considering taking requests for your new project, I'd love to see some kit that is used by the Australian commandos. Or even SASR.

Cheers!

And thanks for sharing.

cough cough

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Adacas said:

Well if you're willing to share it that would be great :)

Well it's on our GitHub under GPLv3 license. ;)

So any information on what exactly you mean with "improving quality" in terms of performance?

Hey, Im a huge fan of this pack and I understand you may be abandoning development but I was wondering if it was possible to darken the RGR green items because they're too light

On 4/30/2017 at 9:47 AM, EPO Thatch said:

Hey, Im a huge fan of this pack and I understand you may be abandoning development but I was wondering if it was possible to darken the RGR green items because they're too light

a) I don't think Adacas ever said hes abandoning this. He just wants to start something new.

b) It's not all that hard to make your own textures. To darken the green might take you only 5 minutes if you read a post or two

• Like 1

On 30-4-2017 at 3:47 AM, EPO Thatch said:

Yeah the ranger green and khaki are probably a bit too bright ingame. It's a quick fix to do it yourself like Brobeans said. Just gotta download some tools. The hardest part for me was finding some obscure dll file. Darkening the actual textures themselves is probably the easiest task out of the entire thing. Just lower the brightness (significantly) in photoshop. Takes some trial and error though, ingame textures differ somewhat from your source files (which incidentally, do have the right color tones, arma's engine just displays them differently).

• Like 1

I literally just backed you on Patreon 5 minutes ago so I could suggest Panoramic Night Vision goggles (AN/AVS-10 and GPNVG-18) for the new pack without feeling guilty. Putting AN/NVS-15's on my l33t Tier One Ken dolls feels like heresy, even AN/PVS-31 would be an improvement.   

• Like 3

On 4/29/2017 at 7:02 PM, jonpas said:

Well it's on our GitHub under GPLv3 license. ;)

So any information on what exactly you mean with "improving quality" in terms of performance?

I checked the AN/PRC 152 and I found it to be low quality. I'll try to create one myself

On 4/30/2017 at 4:47 AM, EPO Thatch said:

I'm completely abandoning this project and I won't be returning to it

7 hours ago, war_lord said:

I literally just backed you on Patreon 5 minutes ago so I could suggest Panoramic Night Vision goggles (AN/AVS-10 and GPNVG-18) for the new pack without feeling guilty. Putting AN/NVS-15's on my l33t Tier One Ken dolls feels like heresy, even AN/PVS-31 would be an improvement.   

Having my own NVG's would be nice but those would require a lot of time to do and I don't have the needed skills yet to model something this detailed.

• Like 4

Thank you for what you've given to the community up to now, and I personally wish you all the best in your next project, I must admit, I'm enjoying not stressing myself with trying to please everyone, despite your best efforts, sometimes it's not enough, what looks great for you and your system might not look the same on theirs.

Whatever path you chose, I'm sure the results will be equally as good, if not better than this pack, although you can feel pretty proud, as this has been one of the must have addons if you're into today's fighting units.

Not sure about the GPNVG 18's as a necessity either, there's at least 4 different versions available each one being slightly different, make whatever you feel comfortable making,and make what YOU want to make.

All the best young man.

• Like 10

Thanks for putting in the time you have already. I love this mod. You should only worry about pleasing yourself and making what YOU want to make. Like RR said, don't stress about what others are saying. It's your mod, your time, and your work. I'm looking forward to whatever it is you make next. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adacas said:

I checked the AN/PRC 152 and I found it to be low quality. I'll try to create one myself

Ah right, that's because only the ground model item is in the repo, which is meant to be low-poly. The model from which all renders are is not open-source.

• Like 2

Happy to hear you're moving onto bigger and brighter things. I look forward to it. 

But as @road runner said, don't feel obliged to answer to everyones needs, don't turn creation into a chore, it should be something you enjoy doing, regardless of what other people think and say. 

Best of luck with school and your future project. I'll be keeping my eye out ;) 

• Like 3

G'day Adacas,

I agree with everything the others have posted above. Go where your heart takes you as far a the creation of your next project. I'm sure it will be as well received as this one. Good luck with whatever the future brings to you. Looking forward to the release of the new project.

• Like 3

I have created facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AdomasP3D/ there I will be pretty much spamming WIP pictues and having open discussions in the comments with the fans while BI forums will be for more serious posts.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, warden_1 said:

wow whats this weird thingy?

Spoiler

kI5tWG6.png

I dunno, looks like some kind of method for carrying body armor plates. I guess you could call it a... plate carrier? Nah, that sounds stupid

• Like 4

7 hours ago, warden_1 said:

wow whats this weird thingy?

kI5tWG6.png

You spoiled too soon :O

• Like 4

While Warden_1 is working on the plateframe (He is pretty much done) I'm working on S&S Plateframe accessories. The first thing I modelled is Three mag pouch.

zi9meae.png

ZBrush_Document.png

• Like 25