5 hours ago, cescollino said:

i see even Rober Hammer weapon packs are disapared this morning

Should the quote from the README above leave anyone in any doubt, Robert Hammer just asked Dwarden to remove all mods containing his work from the Steam Workshop. He didn't upload it there, he doesn't want others to do so without his permission.

• Like 3

The reasons behind why alot of addons makers don't upload content to steam has been discussed before. Addon makers can choose if they want to upload to steam, worked fine before steam existed. Anyway lets get back on topic. 

• Like 7

I think my previous message got kind of buried in the discussion of adacas doing other things, but I'll bring it up again. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

The hit-points and/or selection-points on the uniforms aren't correctly placed. This means that if you're using ACE, you can't treat someone's legs, because the nodes aren't there (they're a meter or two underground, actually). Leight's OPFOR Pack/Project OPFOR suffered from the same problem, but they've figured it out since then.

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed! A few of us in the group I play with would love to use this pack, but the ACE incompatibility is a bit of a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

I think my previous message got kind of buried in the discussion of adacas doing other things, but I'll bring it up again. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

The hit-points and/or selection-points on the uniforms aren't correctly placed. This means that if you're using ACE, you can't treat someone's legs, because the nodes aren't there (they're a meter or two underground, actually). Leight's OPFOR Pack/Project OPFOR suffered from the same problem, but they've figured it out since then.

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed! A few of us in the group I play with would love to use this pack, but the ACE incompatibility is a bit of a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance!

It's a band-aid solution, but you could switch the style of medical menu from 3D selections to radial. It will put all the medical interaction points on the base interaction point instead of the limbs.

1 hour ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

Thanks in advance!

This is probably caused by missing "RightLeg" and "LeftLeg" selections in the uniforms P3Ds

1 hour ago, sparfell_19 said:

This is probably caused by missing "RightLeg" and "LeftLeg" selections in the uniforms P3Ds

If he's inherited selections from A2 Skeleton, then these selections should be there, they may have been called differently on the model, and in the model.cfg. and ACE may not recognise them, so treating legs would be thrown into disarray.

I'll look into it when I'm back. Three days left to do that other assignment and then I'll be more free. :)

• Like 9

Time to get back into the game.

After thinking for a while now I want to start a new project. I'm not happy with MilGearPack anymore and in order to rework it the way I want it would take for ever at this stage.

What I would want to do in the new project is create Tier 1 gear pack. I wanna up the quality for everything. This means I would create completely everything from scratch with higher quality than the current assets I use. For the first release I would like to model new AN/PRC-152 radio model, G3 Combat uniform, vest (haven't decided yet), and all of the necessary vest pouches. I also finally have graphic tablet from my patreon supporters. I had a chance to test it out when I was doing college assignment. I'm really happy with it and now I can't even imagine modelling without it. It improved my workflow and quality. 

Let me know what you think about these changes and if anyone wants to help me out with the project write me.

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, Adacas said:

...vest (haven't decided yet)...

I'm begging you, please don't make another 6094

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ltf said:

Don't worry dude, i know adacas and he will probably make something pretty unique :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adacas said:

Time to get back into the game.

After thinking for a while now I want to start a new project. I'm not happy with MilGearPack anymore and in order to rework it the way I want it would take for ever at this stage.

What I would want to do in the new project is create Tier 1 gear pack. I wanna up the quality for everything. This means I would create completely everything from scratch with higher quality than the current assets I use. For the first release I would like to model new AN/PRC-152 radio model, G3 Combat uniform, vest (haven't decided yet), and all of the necessary vest pouches. I also finally have graphic tablet from my patreon supporters. I had a chance to test it out when I was doing college assignment. I'm really happy with it and now I can't even imagine modelling without it. It improved my workflow and quality. 

Let me know what you think about these changes and if anyone wants to help me out with the project write me.

Awesome! While still serviceable, the arma 2 legacy items were starting to show their age. I'm glad you'll create entirely new assets to go with the rest of your gear. Looking forward to the first wip shots :D

55 minutes ago, direone said:

Don't worry dude, i know adacas and he will probably make something pretty unique :D 

Well, to be fair, if you're going with Tier 1 gear there's only a couple of options. While not exactly Tier 1 (although I think it has been used by some units), the Crye AVS would be a nice contender. Nice and modular too.

• Like 1

I don't know if rangers and marine raiders are tier 1, but I suggest Eagle Industries Plate Carrier(known as mbav)

My vote is on Crye AVS aswell.

And looking forward to the new stuff, I know it'll turn out awesome.

On a sidenote - I posted this earlier in the topic - seeing that the current MGP release is getting kinda dumped in favor of new stuff... 

Is there any possibility for a quick update to the vests? They were missing shadow LOD last time I checked. This might not be a huge deal for most people but I can't unsee it now... :down:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ltf said:

To be honest there arent many 6094s out there. But yes I would not mind, I trust adacas that anything he will make would be amazing.

@Alex150201 well man really we have, 2 6094 made by roadrunner, 1 by van, 1 by massi, 1 by cunico and another one is probably coming ahaha :P now basically appart from the one of cunico the others are the same model with differents pouches setups, the thing is that i will like to see some different 6094 models like the 6094a slick version :D 

2 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

Well, to be fair, if you're going with Tier 1 gear there's only a couple of options. While not exactly Tier 1 (although I think it has been used by some units), the Crye AVS would be a nice contender. Nice and modular too.

Yeah right man, but maybe he said tier1 just for identify special forces operators in general, so there are a lof of vests out there used by differents SF around the world :D but is also true that lot of them use the same vests most of the time

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, direone said:

well man really we have, 2 6094 made by roadrunner, 1 by van, 1 by massi, 1 by cunico and another one is probably coming ahaha :P now basically appart from the one of cunico the others are the same model with differents pouches setups, the thing is that i will like to see some different 6094 models like the 6094a slick version :D 

As I said I don't mind at all no matter what vest he'll makes. Also I didn't realize that we actually had more than 3 6094s :D

Yeah, I'm gonna echo the others on the Crye AVS. The First Spear Strandhögg or the Eagle AABAC would also be pretty unique and neat, not sure how popular they are though. I'd also love an MBAV but thats not really top-of-the-line or used among the operators, mostly phased out among even lower special operations forces. A long-sleeve G3 would be so hot so I very much look forward to that. I thought most of your works was quite good though, especially the vests. I respect your desire to improve and try new things though.  Oh and kind of off-topic but Tier-1 doesn't mean anything really, regular forces can be Tier-1, it just describes high funding. Not sure what else to call it though, maybe SMU Gear Pack or Oper8tor Gear Pack.

• Like 2

One more vote for the Crye AVS from me.  Anyways, with the new G3s, are you considering collar up or down?

4 hours ago, Ltf said:

I don't know if rangers and marine raiders are tier 1, but I suggest Eagle Industries Plate Carrier(known as mbav)

That s a complex matter, people blabbering abaut Tier 1 designation don t know what they re talking abaut even people that should know better. US gov organisational Tier designation has much to do with budget limitation and allocation and for example airlift priority not so much with the fact how "high speed" is the perception of some spec ops military unit.

In short:

Rangers - Tier One.

Raiders - both Tier One and Tier Three.

BTW. MBAV vest would be fantastic.

Regards.

• Like 1

Cant wait for the WIP pictures maybe something to be added as a idea: A maritme helmet with the ops core cover with and without headset

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

That s a complex matter, people blabbering abaut Tier 1 designation don t know what they re talking abaut even people that should know better. US gov organisational Tier designation has much to do with budget limitation and allocation and for example airlift priority not so much with the fact how "high speed" is the perception of some spec ops military unit.

In short:

Rangers - Tier One.

Raiders - both Tier One and Tier Three.

BTW. MBAV vest would be fantastic.

Regards.

Rangers and raiders are considered more towards tier 2 forces

The main United states Tier 1 forces:

• DELTA Force (1st Special Forces Operational Delta) - Army
  • DEVGRU (Naval Special Warfare Development Group, Seal Team Six) - Navy
  • 24th Special Tactics Squadron - Air Force

Still gives plenty of options for Gear if the mod is solely based for Tier 1 forces worldwide

Your MGP was/is awesome and it fit any of the aforementioned Tier this and that.  Whatever you do and call it, my only suggestion is that you add Winter pattern/color.

Why is there such a big conversation regarding whose Tier 1 and whose not? By Tier 1 I just meant whatever equipment is the newest and most popular. Just like MGP the new mod won't focus on any specific faction or country.

• Like 7