3 hours ago, Pyotr Wakiga III said:

Hi Adacas.

It seems like military gear pack mod was suddenly removed from steam workshop today.

Is there anything way to republish this really great mod on it?

I and my friends are in trouble, we've been using this mod published on workshop in our multiplayer coop mission.

thanks.

2 hours ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

Also wondering about Steam Workshop, the alternate configurations extension was also removed.

1 hour ago, kman_(kya) said:

Oh no!!  Same thing happened to us!!!

The google drive files are still up.

If that gets downed, Armaholic(eugh) still has it, but as usual, downoads are slow.

EDIT- Lot of high profile/good quality mods were removed from steam workshop today, EPSM Exomod, KA Weapons Pack.

No idea if anything else was blasted but this is getting ugly.

• Like 3

Today I have received two emails from steam regarding two of my mods MilGP and MilGP Extension.

Unfortunately, for various reasons, the developers of "Arma 3" had to flag it as "incompatible", so it cannot be used within "Arma 3".

And I received two new comments from Dwarden on my mods steam workshop page

Hello,
your use of STEAM Workshop for Arma 3 is in breach of it's rules and good behavior 

to be able upload content to STEAM Workshop for Arma 3
you need to obtain specific rights from content authors for STEAM Workshop
for every and any content included

STEAM Workshop is not some 'mirror' for hosting and website w/o rules!

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
please read section 6.D (and thus A,B) for more detail

no matter your intentions STEAM workshop for Arma 3 can't be used this way...
so please obtain the approvals or notify those authors to upload the content themselves
ways to use compilations, collections, dependencies etc. will be revealed in future

note: now the content is flagged as incompatible and can't be downloaded anymore ...

thank You for understanding our administrative decision

Really don't have time to deal with any of this. All the content I used from other mods was allowed by their respective authors. Not sure if other creators got hit by this or if I am the only one.

I'm starting to lose my passions for Arma 3 when developers just don't give a crap...

• Like 3

What?

Did they even list who or whatever is flagging it?

1 minute ago, Victruso said:

What?

Did they even list who or whatever is flagging it?

They wrote that the Arma 3 developers flagged it.

2 minutes ago, Adacas said:

They wrote that the Arma 3 developers flagged it.

Sorry, I meant authors of whatever content you might've used to create the mod.

Other mods were taken down today too.

1 minute ago, Victruso said:

No and why would they flag the mod if they allowed me to use their content. They could have just wrote me to make changes.

It is Arma developers that are doing this because multiple mods are taken down not only mine apparently.

26 minutes ago, Adacas said:

No and why would they flag the mod if they allowed me to use their content. They could have just wrote me to make changes.

It is Arma developers that are doing this because multiple mods are taken down not only mine apparently.

Simply say - It's ridiculous.

Hope BI realize what they do ASAP, correct themselves.

I can't stand for such a nasty problem.

• Like 1

I'm getting a strong whiff of "Lucasfilm Lawyers" syndrome here, this does not sound like something BI the developer would want to happen.

Besides, if workshop for some reason or other becomes no longer viable, it's not a huge loss. It'll just encourage the people who actually care about his mod to check back on the thread more often :)

• Like 1

Honestly, man. Don't let it stress you out. Right now you have more important things to concern yourself with. Focus on the real life things and get that out of the way and deal with this shit later.

At present there are still other places for people to download your mod from; PW6, armaholic and such, so the community will survive.

• Like 2

If you can show permissions for all the mods you included, then it will get re-instated on the Steam Workshop.

See the #ip_rights_violations channel in the official discord for more info. https://discord.gg/NvAHfnx

Weird, can't see any good reason why BIS would flag it themselves. Perhaps one of the mods you used was flagged and the author failed to inform you somewhere down the line?

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

I'm getting a strong whiff of "Lucasfilm Lawyers" syndrome here, this does not sound like something BI the developer would want to happen.

Besides, if workshop for some reason or other becomes no longer viable, it's not a huge loss. It'll just encourage the people who actually care about his mod to check back on the thread more often :)

Does this refer to that Star Wars mod? Wasn't that just a face saving excuse to drop that project?

No, I'm referring to the well-documented tendency for Lucasfilm's legal department to jump the gun on anything that uses any of its trademarks. Wonder why all those custom lightsaber guys don't use the complete word "lightsaber" anywhere? I wasn't ever in contact with the SW mod guys, but I am willing to bet money that some dickhead tipped off Lucasfilm and that it was more than face-saving.

In this case, I'm suggesting that, if its not some impersonating douchebag (which it very well could be), somebody within BI, likely in the publishing arm, has been kerfuffling with things on steam for unknown reasons

2 hours ago, Victruso said:

What other mods were taken down?

16 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

No, I'm referring to the well-documented tendency for Lucasfilm's legal department to jump the gun on anything that uses any of its trademarks. Wonder why all those custom lightsaber guys don't use the complete word "lightsaber" anywhere? I wasn't ever in contact with the SW mod guys, but I am willing to bet money that some dickhead tipped off Lucasfilm and that it was more than face-saving.

In this case, I'm suggesting that, if its not some impersonating douchebag (which it very well could be), somebody within BI, likely in the publishing arm, has been kerfuffling with things on steam for unknown reasons

Without going too much off topic, there were loads of mods for a variety of games using the Star Wars IP that got by without any problems. Not saying it's impossible of course.

Dwarden - Yesterday at 11:19 PM
in case you observing ... doing cleanup of Arma 3 workshop ...  so bans and incompatible flags are raining

Dwarden - Today at 2:41 AM
well i sometimes stumble upon bogus claims which are hard to verify so rarely i may ban/flag someone innocent ... but that's cleared quite fast as long as they cooperate

well feel free to slap me if i hit someone innocent, yet i think that 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779256520
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879504022
were the only false positives (CAF must wait till i get the PM from original author on BIForum so i can verify the claims)

in general terms, unless you actually own the original IP for all content (or unless the original IP owner has shared their IP rights directly with you), you cannot upload it to Steam...

unrelated to this particular thread, but the amount of unwarranted uploads and stolen IP on steam is mind boggling, so i do applaud the clean-up

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Adacas said:

Today I have received two emails from steam regarding two of my mods MilGP and MilGP Extension.

Unfortunately, for various reasons, the developers of "Arma 3" had to flag it as "incompatible", so it cannot be used within "Arma 3".

And I received two new comments from Dwarden on my mods steam workshop page

Hello,
your use of STEAM Workshop for Arma 3 is in breach of it's rules and good behavior 

to be able upload content to STEAM Workshop for Arma 3
you need to obtain specific rights from content authors for STEAM Workshop
for every and any content included

STEAM Workshop is not some 'mirror' for hosting and website w/o rules!

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
please read section 6.D (and thus A,B) for more detail

no matter your intentions STEAM workshop for Arma 3 can't be used this way...
so please obtain the approvals or notify those authors to upload the content themselves
ways to use compilations, collections, dependencies etc. will be revealed in future

note: now the content is flagged as incompatible and can't be downloaded anymore ...

thank You for understanding our administrative decision

Really don't have time to deal with any of this. All the content I used from other mods was allowed by their respective authors. Not sure if other creators got hit by this or if I am the only one.

I'm starting to lose my passions for Arma 3 when developers just don't give a crap...

I have a great deal of empathy, Arma 3 without 3rd party addons would be bland.
I doubt the developers suddenly thought, lets have a look through tens of thousands of addons, and get them shut down, I'm more inclined to think there's another 3rd Party behind this.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, road runner said:

I doubt the developers suddenly thought, lets have a look through tens of thousands of addons, and get them shut down, I'm more inclined to think there's another 3rd Party behind this.

I would have to agree, Adacas should contact Dwarden to resolve the issue.

• Like 2

i already looked to the issue and it was some bogus report claims ,

but that's why i'm posting in the private section of the item

so the author can actually respond and it can be cleared ... 

so instead of wasting time complaining about injustice on 'random public channel, forum'

it would be resolved 5 hours ago or sooner ...

and i'm reachable by many ways very easily

• Like 8

1 minute ago, dwarden said:

i already looked to the issue and it was some bogus report claims ,

but that's why i'm posting in the private section of the item

so the author can actually respond and it can be cleared ... 

so instead of wasting time complaining on 'random public channel, forum' i would be resolved 5 hours ago or sooner ...

Thank you. The mod is back on steam workshop.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, cescollino said:

i see even Rober Hammer weapon packs are disapared this morning

which one ?

1 hour ago, cescollino said:

i see even Rober Hammer weapon packs are disapared this morning

RH's stuff hasn't been uploaded by the original author as far as I'm aware.

Per RH's own posts:

On 10/28/2013 at 7:12 PM, roberthammer said:

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

To use this pack you must agree to the following conditions of use:

You may:

DISTRIBUTION: You may distribute the original .PBO files within this download freely, so long as the PBO files are unmodified and the Readme files are included.

Under the following conditions:

ATTRIBUTION: You must give the original author credit. The content of this archicve is the sole interlectual property of RH and its Creators.

No Steam Workshop: DO NOT UPLOAD TO STEAM WORKSHOP: You may not upload to Steam Workshop or any other service that reassigns rights over RH Intellectual Property to 3rd Parties.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:13 AM, roberthammer said:

[LINK TO WORKSHOP]

There is always somebody that upload things that he don't even have a permission to do those

that's Steam Workshop in the nutshell ....

I'm personally of the opinion addon creators could just use steam and avoid people re-uploading that way... Though they shouldn't have to.

Kinda like movie piracy, as a content creator, if you're providing an inferior system for accessing your content (Overprice Cinemas, CDs, Cable TV, Gamestop, Armaholic) then people are going to take it upon themselves to make it easier to access (Piracy websites, Private uploads to file sharing like Google Drive, Spotify, Steam, etc) and unfortunately there's no real way to have to manpower to take on every possible avenue, even with automatic content detection some will slip through or just be moved out of direct sight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scarecrow398 said:

RH's stuff hasn't been uploaded by the original author as far as I'm aware.

Per RH's own posts:

I'm personally of the opinion addon creators could just use steam and avoid people re-uploading that way... Though they shouldn't have to.

Kinda like movie piracy, as a content creator, if you're providing an inferior system for accessing your content (Overprice Cinemas, CDs, Cable TV, Gamestop, Armaholic) then people are going to take it upon themselves to make it easier to access (Piracy websites, Private uploads to file sharing like Google Drive, Spotify, Steam, etc) and unfortunately there's no real way to have to manpower to take on every possible avenue, even with automatic content detection some will slip through or just be moved out of direct sight.

While I tend to agree that addon creators can upload their work to the workshop to !decrease! (not stop) the illegal uploads there are 2 things to keep in mind (and I do realize that you might be aware of them, I want to elaborate just to be sure):

1. There is no obligation to upload to the workshop. If a content creator doesn´t want to use it they have every right to prevent distribution through it. Many people on the workshop see that differently, they just see it from the perspective of a spoiled brat. They expect creators to make their work available on the workshop and if they don´t illegal uploaders are "hailed" as heroes for making the addon "available for the masses"

2. Even if content creators upload their work to the workshop there still are a bunch of reuploads popping up. This is partly because lazy community organizers upload mods as part of a "modpack" on the workshop (they also seem to be too ignorant to look into the collections feature). On the other hand there are the individuals who want to use a certain mod and and want it to be available on the workshop without using the search function to look if it´s already available beforehand.

TL;DR: There are many people using the workshop who are not involved in the "Core ArmA community" and have no concept of the rights of the creators. 

Anyway, this is kind of derailing the thread so this discussion should not continue here but in a special thread if someone feels there is a need for that.

• Like 3