2 minutes ago, war_lord said:

You'll also be waiting on an L119A2 and whatever that face thing is. :P

Yep, already asked 3CB for that or painted L119A1 with Magpul stock, currently they've published older L119A1s which is amazing for Pathfinders or Close Protection, but not that good for modern SF.

Spoiler

L119A2-C8-SFW.jpg

Face mask is due to simunition training - don't really need that one : P

1 hour ago, war_lord said:

to avoid friendly fire incidents

The question I am about to ask is soooo offtopic, but I wonder. Since everyone except the saa has multicam, 3cd, ucp, marpat uniforms in syrian war how can they understand who is on which side? It mustn't be hard on defence lines, but there are so many cqb situations and most of the fighters aren't trained properly. Even the other countries special forces might mistaken the man in front of them in that case

21 minutes ago, Ltf said:

The question I am about to ask is soooo offtopic, but I wonder. Since everyone except the saa has multicam, 3cd, ucp, marpat uniforms in syrian war how can they understand who is on which side? It mustn't be hard on defence lines, but there are so many cqb situations and most of the fighters aren't trained properly. Even the other countries special forces might mistaken the man in front of them in that case

The answer, from the combat footage I've watched, is that their ends up being "oh shit" moments when two fighters run into each other, look at each other and suddenly realize that they're on opposite sides. I would imagine commanders on all sides try to mitigate the situation with armbands, attempts at gear uniformity and so on. But really, there's no easy way to tell friend from foe in a civil conflict where there's no real uniform code.

• Like 5

Looks like the new face shields are not compatible with all the heads in Arma.

Spoiler

xsIA24t.png

6 minutes ago, jonpas said:

Looks like the new face shields are not compatible with all the heads in Arma.

This is a game engine issue, the African American heads are modeled different from the standard Caucasian heads, so therefore face masks, balaklava's, chin straps etc will all clip when African American heads are used.
When the game randomises the characters, it's impossible to know what head will appear, depending on how you have the identity set up in your configs.

• Like 3

Adacas..this has become a must have mod for our clan.  Excellent work all the way around sir.  I've enjoyed adding it to my missions for our group.

6 hours ago, road runner said:

This is a game engine issue, the African American heads are modeled different from the standard Caucasian heads, so therefore face masks, balaklava's, chin straps etc will all clip when African American heads are used.
When the game randomises the characters, it's impossible to know what head will appear, depending on how you have the identity set up in your configs.

Yes... I know that. But making the model a tad bit bigger wouldn't make it look uglier for Caucasian heads either and it is still a "bug" (kind of). I didn't say the author has to fix it or anything, just that it exists.

@jonpas Ok mate i got you but every facemask from addons have this kind of problem, probably it will be fixed but for now adacas is working on making new models for the mod. 

Hi guys,

Got this error when opening a mission

dc13ddf4e1.png

Didn't have it before, and can't find the source of the problem :/

8 hours ago, Shifty.FR said:

Hi guys,

Got this error when opening a mission

Spoiler

dc13ddf4e1.png

Didn't have it before, and can't find the source of the problem :/

a few updates ago some of the class names were changed. that is a old class name for one of the "backpacks" 

• Like 1

UPDATE 1.7.1

A very small update meant as a preparation for AOR Extension release. Mainly fixing the AOR2 camo pattern and adding Multicam variants of Opscore and Airframe helmets.

Changelog:

Added Multicam OpsCore variants

Added Multicam AirFrame variants

Tweaked AOR2 textures

Download link as always on the first page.

-----------------------------------------------------------

AOR Extension will be released today when I'll get a new collection of badass pictures from Direone.

I feel now is the time to go back and work on uniform and I have been thinking that I'm just gonna start all over again since I'm not feeling happy with current results. I'll also now go with the classic G3 Combat set uniform because I think this is what my mod needs the most for it to be even more appealing to others. 

• Like 13

Hello , nice update i follow your mod since the begining but the Ops Core (and the airframe) in multicam are to yellow when i put the ops core MC with all your gear in MC it's not the same so it's very .... strange ! 

But good job !

13 minutes ago, m1n1d0u said:

Hello , nice update i follow your mod since the begining but the Ops Core (and the airframe) in multicam are to yellow when i put the ops core MC with all your gear in MC it's not the same so it's very .... strange ! 

But good job !

Because it's not fabric the pattern colors look more vivid. But I have to agree with you that it is too yellow so I have fixed the colors a bit for the next update.

• Like 4

if i can recommand you something you should use the same multicam pattern and add the tan rail and mount system after it will blend better and it will set a more realist feeling. If you want any picture of a multicam ops core and multicam cover helmet i can send you some picture.

13 hours ago, direone said:

@jonpas Ok mate i got you but every facemask from addons have this kind of problem, probably it will be fixed but for now adacas is working on making new models for the mod. 

That is completely fine. :)

Easiest solution is to not use this identityTypes[] = {"LanguageENG_F","Head_NATO"};
But use this one. "Head_Euro" instead.

43 minutes ago, road runner said:

Easiest solution is to not use this identityTypes[] = {"LanguageENG_F","Head_NATO"};
But use this one. "Head_Euro" instead.

I am not sure why you are even saying this. I merely commented on what could be improved and made compatible with different heads.

1 minute ago, jonpas said:

I am not sure why you are even saying this. I merely commented on what could be improved and made compatible with different heads.

It's a workaround to avoid the clipping, that's all. It's been an issue with every addon created that involves masks/facewear and the creator hasn't access to African American Heads. Don't think there's one in the samples, and they might not have the A2 P3d source files available.

20 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

I think that the G3 Field pants are good, but the top does need a little help, the PCU could use a little work too, the creases and stuff in the fabric are kind of small and very pronounced, but the fleeces are good too though. Don't fix it if it isn't broke. Unless you were saying to completely start over with the reg G3, in that case, I'd advise against. I think it would be nice to have both for variety and for mixing. G3 pants and G3 field shirt, G3 field pants and G3 top. Anyways, love the pack and appreciate your work. Thanks and good luck. 

I don't think you got the message correctly. I'm not reworking old uniforms I'm ditching what was done with the new G3 All Weather COMBAT set not the current FIELD set. 

G3 Field and Combat sets are completely different types of uniforms.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adacas said:

I don't think you got the message correctly. I'm not reworking old uniforms I'm ditching what was done with the new G3 All Weather COMBAT set not the current FIELD set. 

G3 Field and Combat sets are completely different types of uniforms.

Ah, you're right, I misread. I fully understand that they are different uniforms, and I recognize the difference, but I missed what you meant in what was being scrapped. Sorry

This might be a stupid post but I'm new at this stuff. Anyway, how do you get the insignia on the vest like in the pictures!

15 minutes ago, Corbor926 said:

This might be a stupid post but I'm new at this stuff. Anyway, how do you get the insignia on the vest like in the pictures!

Those "insigna" was added via photoshop by me, as i'm the one who make pics for this mod and i'm also the PR guy for Adacas, anyway no and they will never come as they doesn't work like uniforms insignia, as i said i added them in photoshop after i take pictures in game

• Like 1