Awesome works ! These MMAC are gorgeous.

Waiting for new uniform now ^^ (In particular Crye combat Gen2 or 3)

• Like 1

Fantastic work as always!! Iv'e been waiting all week to operate in these new plate carriers! Can't  wait until you release the extension for the AOR gear. By the way, any idea when you will release it? No pressure if you are busy. Keep up the outstanding work!!

13 minutes ago, twroach said:

Nice work!

just ask Any MICH2000 Chance?

The mich 2000 will come probably later down the road mate

• Like 1

Is it normal that the JPC is equal in weight then the CIRAS but with less protection ?

Form a gameplay point of view it makes no sense to use the JPC as it offer less protection and no mobility gain :P 

Maybe reduce the weight of the JPC so the player can choose moblity (Run longer, more stamina) over personal protection. :)

36 minutes ago, alexgardien5 said:

Is it normal that the JPC is equal in weight then the CIRAS but with less protection ?

Form a gameplay point of view it makes no sense to use the JPC as it offer less protection and no mobility gain :P 

Maybe reduce the weight of the JPC so the player can choose moblity (Run longer, more stamina) over personal protection. :)

The vests all have the same weight because in real life the base vests weights are all pretty much the same, without pates, just the cordura.

Throw in a set of plates, same size weight.dimension, the weights are still going to be close to each other. Add the PACA soft armour to the CIRAS and the weight increases slightly, but nothing major.

The weight becomes an issue, when you start to add items, a vest fully loaded with 7 magazines, Frags, radios etc, to make this more realistic, every vest variation would need to have a different mass applied, it's a config.cpp nightmare, doable, but it's a massive effort, especially when you have say 120 vest configurations.

A Machine gunners vest will be heavier than an assaulters vest due to the real life load carry capabilities.

Also throw in the human factor, some blokes don't notice weight and never struggle, but some can struggle, and find the vests heavy and cumbersome,

The JPC is also a plate carrier, the CIRAS is a vest, the way the BALCS soft armour works in the CIRAS it offers more protection around the body than the JPC does in real life too.

• Like 3

The MMAC is gorgeous Adacas. Thanks again for the generous amount of work you do in making this mod. It is truly one of, if not the best, gear mods for ArmA3.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alexgardien5 said:

On top of what Road Runner said, not everything has to be artificially "balanced" around gameplay you know. It's not like this is intended for use in any kind of tournament play. I don't really worry about my loadout being optimal, it comes down to 1. what's realistic and 2. what looks cool.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alexgardien5 said:

Besides You should manage your weight by actually managing your inventory, what You put in there matters espetially if You using new RHS 0.4.2 with overhauled weights of items example 7 x 30 rnd M885 STANAG vs 3 x 200 rnd M885 linked for SAW.

Regards.

This is message is not regarding the mod.

Me and the rest of my group who play Semi-MilSim Arma 3 are looking for a group to attach to play together. We are representing my country's SOF Combat Diver Service which is pretty much a copy of SEAL's. Our group is quite small consisting of around ~10 players and our time zone is GMT +2. We are willing to adapt to units rules, policies, mod list. 

If you or you know who owns an unit and would like to have joint operations with people from different nation write me a private message and we could discuss more in teamspeak. Also it is possible to join us if you are from a small group and want to form a multinational task force. (Do not reply to the forum topic)

Sorry moderators for posting something like this.

• Like 2

@Adacas: Thank You for your hard work, fantastic update.

Regards.

4 hours ago, war_lord said:

On top of what Road Runner said, not everything has to be artificially "balanced" around gameplay you know. It's not like this is intended for use in any kind of tournament play. I don't really worry about my loadout being optimal, it comes down to 1. what's realistic and 2. what looks cool.

2b83a5bf15b159b5e1e3d367119ff92b.png

Always my friend. Always.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adacas said:

This is message is not regarding the mod.

Me and the rest of my group who play Semi-MilSim Arma 3 are looking for a group to attach to play together. We are representing my country's SOF Combat Diver Service which is pretty much a copy of SEAL's. Our group is quite small consisting of around ~10 players and our time zone is GMT +2. We are willing to adapt to units rules, policies, mod list. 

If you or you know who owns an unit and would like to have joint operations with people from different nation write me a private message and we could discuss more in teamspeak. Also it is possible to join us if you are from a small group and want to form a multinational task force. (Do not reply to the forum topic)

Sorry moderators for posting something like this.

Really should have posted this in the Squads Section of the forums :face_palm:

1 hour ago, HitmanTwoActual said:

2b83a5bf15b159b5e1e3d367119ff92b.png

Always my friend. Always.

F... Yea. besides when anything else falls You can always try to cosplay Botasky from CSO with that cool MARCIRAS. ;)

1412481003106.gif

Regards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IvyMike said:

I dont find MMAC vest in AOR 1/2 :eh:

Adacas  said that he is going to release an updated separate from the mod that adds AOR gear. it will be dependent on the main mod. It will also include more than just the MMAC in the AOR patterns. As far as I'm aware, he is adding pretty much everything in AOR, but don't quote me on this. 

On the camo thing on the last page (was so tired after work couldn't contribute), guys will use whatever patterns are available and best fit the environment. Multicam/OCP is common for everyone (except MSOR for some reason), as is Woodland and DCU. AOR1s are SOCOM only - thanks to the Marines' bitching about how it looks too similar to MARPAT Desert, holy cow guys :tongue: - so if other branches need it or AOR2 they can get it without much trouble, they are very good for rockier arid and jungle. AOR was the Army's baseline in the camo competition for temperate and arid environments, as well, so its hardly a Navy exclusive. While there are other patterns out there frequently used for SOF like A-TACS, Spec4ce, Multicam FOP etc, they aren't as readily available as the stuff the DOD buys for them. I wouldn't put it past them to use what they have if shipping time becomes an issue, especially if what they have is patterns as good as AOR

By the way Adacas, your AOR2 is sideways and too dark, it needs to be vertically oriented :tongue:

Spoiler

03F8FD3DF5A2F9FE5ABEC0C6E52C962D2BD88819

web_100805-N-9818V-205.jpg

Not AOR 1 mind you, that's oriented the normal way and about right in terms of colors

I wonder if anyone's gonna bother making NWU IIs and IIIs now that the NWU Is that only camouflaged oil and dirt and kept catching fire are going out the window

http://www.manager.co.th/asp-bin/Image.aspx?ID=4216833

http://board.trekkingthai.com/board/upload/photo/2013-03/6622e47e6d913267fc1aea63d8c68f4d.jpg

http://board.trekkingthai.com/board/upload/photo/2013-03/0b0c4ce93ff8cf1ae0f7428fb8b8d01d.jpg

Different lightning conditions, same top, on two of those pictures.

The colours being right has been done to death, and one of the reasons I try to avoid AOR2, as for the pattern, this is the one I spent 5 hours on, only to realise the pattern should have been vertical, and not horizontal. :evil:

54 minutes ago, road runner said:

http://www.manager.co.th/asp-bin/Image.aspx?ID=4216833

http://board.trekkingthai.com/board/upload/photo/2013-03/6622e47e6d913267fc1aea63d8c68f4d.jpg

http://board.trekkingthai.com/board/upload/photo/2013-03/0b0c4ce93ff8cf1ae0f7428fb8b8d01d.jpg

Different lightning conditions, same top, on two of those pictures.

The colours being right has been done to death, and one of the reasons I try to avoid AOR2, as for the pattern, this is the one I spent 5 hours on, only to realise the pattern should have been vertical, and not horizontal. :evil:

Like I said earlier, I think Sabre pretty much nailed it. The black might be a bit crushed (it's too dark), but Im guessing that's due to arma displaying colors slightly differently? And the sharpness is slightly over exaggerated (his AOR 1 is perfect in this regard). Other than that his AOR patterns are right on the money.

AOR 2 ingame (overcast, 12 pm)

Spoiler

TRdU5Nk.jpg

Reference pics under (more or less) neutral lighting conditions (sun already going down, but hasn't really affected the warmth of the lighting just yet)

Spoiler

OY5S80m.jpg

biZnCB9.jpg

Bonus vid

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

On the camo thing on the last page (was so tired after work couldn't contribute), guys will use whatever patterns are available and best fit the environment. Multicam/OCP is common for everyone (except MSOR for some reason), as is Woodland and DCU. AOR1s are SOCOM only - thanks to the Marines' bitching about how it looks too similar to MARPAT Desert, holy cow guys :tongue: - so if other branches need it or AOR2 they can get it without much trouble, they are very good for rockier arid and jungle. AOR was the Army's baseline in the camo competition for temperate and arid environments, as well, so its hardly a Navy exclusive. While there are other patterns out there frequently used for SOF like A-TACS, Spec4ce, Multicam FOP etc, they aren't as readily available as the stuff the DOD buys for them. I wouldn't put it past them to use what they have if shipping time becomes an issue, especially if what they have is patterns as good as AOR

Reveal hidden contents

03F8FD3DF5A2F9FE5ABEC0C6E52C962D2BD88819

web_100805-N-9818V-205.jpg

Not AOR 1 mind you, that's oriented the normal way and about right in terms of colors

I wonder if anyone's gonna bother making NWU IIs and IIIs now that the NWU Is that only camouflaged oil and dirt and kept catching fire are going out the window

Nope. Let me break it down for you.

Almost everyone has theoretical access to Multicam, as it's a commercial product. Rangers, Special Forces, Delta, 24th STS, PJ's all wear it. DEVGRU have bought some of it, I suspect that's for when they send guys over to work with Delta. The reason Marine Raiders wear M81 Woodland is because they're working in Iraq and Afghanistan, and most of the reconstructed armies in those places are still wearing variations on the Woodland pattern and it's generally good practice to do everything you can to avoid friendly fire incidents. Otherwise they'd probably wear MARPAT.

AOR1 (NWU2) and AOR2 (NWU3) are Navy camo patterns, so no, other branches cannot "get it without too much trouble". The Army, Navy and Marine Corps are each protective of their own pattern, because it's part of their "brand", which is important for morale and for recruitment. NWU2 is inextricably linked with Navy SEALS, MARPAT is inextricably linked with Marines and  Scorpion W2 will eventually be inextricably linked with the Army. Nobody would be happy if another branch started running around in "our" pattern, as seen when the Marine legal department threw a fit at the idea of the Army or Navy wearing anything that even resembled MARPAT. And using something you know works as a baseline in a test to evaluate new patterns is not the same as actually issuing and wearing something.

Do you know why US SOF are occasionally seen in M81, DCU, A-TACS Arid, Spec4ce Sierra/Afghan Forest, Desert Tiger and so on? Because that's what the IGF and ANA are using.          

• Like 4

UKSF: Almost there...Also waiting for Crye Precision Combat shirt and pants.

Spoiler

eNSyhwbDDEa_3fqL8OiV_zcCsua3euCjEK-00GUj

Thanks for matching carry capabilities. We using loadout script for our gear, same gear amount allows to swap vest without adjusting configuration - this simplifies things a lot.

You'll also be waiting on an L119A2 and whatever that face thing is. :P