It's not really true that SOF "don't have standard kit", there's generally some amount of uniformity. So asking who uses it is not a bad question, in my experience it's much harder to identify gear then guns in photographs.  

• Like 1

ussocom has its own budget and operators always have more freedom than mainstream branches. 

guys generally end up buying alot of their own kit. 

the main "standards" are specific gear arrangements, for example medkits will be in the same general location throughout the teams gear, allowing quick access by any member. don't get so into who wears what, wear what you like 

• Like 4

Still, DEVGRU love their LBT 9084's and Delta love their Crye gear, patterns do emerge even if theoretically each individual could wear whatever they wanted Vest and Helmet wise.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rich_R said:

I'm guessing (hoping) this will use the hidden selections to allow for multiple loadout/looks?

Looking good! Your quality of work is always impressive!

Unfortunately with the vests I don't do that. I create separate model for different variations

3 hours ago, BigBadScot said:

By the way, which SF use MMAC?

There are two versions of MMAC vests. The traditional one can be seen on Eagle Industries website and the NSW version for the SEALS, which is the one I modelled just because there was not enough reference pictures of the original MMAC. 

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

A question regarding the separate addon for the AOR vests: will it also include the JPC and CIRAS in AOR, or will this extension be just the MMAC?

I intended it to be only MMAC, but I guess if community wants to see all the vests in AOR I could easily do that. Just tell me.

• Like 5

Yeah, I'd like to see that. The CIRAS at Shotshow 2013 was apparently displayed in both AOR types, and I know from a Mark Owen interview that DEVGRU did use the JPC at some point.

Yeah, I've seen AOR JPCs and CIRASs around and I'd love to have them done up well by you instead of using my own shitty retextures. 

Are you planning to bring back (I'm assuming it was in the pack from the pictures on armaholic) the opscore helmet cover?

1 hour ago, ohally said:

Are you planning to bring back (I'm assuming it was in the pack from the pictures on armaholic) the opscore helmet cover?

The opscore cover was never in the pack, maybe you are referring to the airframe cover 

59 minutes ago, direone said:

The opscore cover was never in the pack, maybe you are referring to the airframe cover 

The opscore cover helmet he's talking about is the one that's in RHS.

34 minutes ago, delta3242 said:

The opscore cover helmet he's talking about is the one that's in RHS.

Yeah guessed it mate but i didn't edited my text to write about the rhs one

• Like 1

UPDATE 1.7

Probably one of the most anticipated update in a while now. New MMAC vest is finally here. As standard it comes in 4 camo patterns ("Ranger Green", "Khaki", "Coyote Brown", "Multicam") 7 different variations ("TeamLeader", "Grenadier", "Medic", "HeavyGunner", "Marksman", "Assaulter", "Light") and all of those variants except "Light" comes with belt option. Besides that I also added Tactical Glasses and Goggles separate from Face shields.

Changelog:

Added MMAC vest variants

Added Tactical Glasses

Added Goggles

Download link as always on the first page.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The next "update" will be the release of the MilGP AOR expansion. It will be a separate mod that will only include texture files and will be dependent on the main mod. Now the discussion was only about the vests, but I have been thinking about including pretty much everything (opscores, caps and etc...) and the mod size wouldn't change that much (we're talking about 10-20MB difference) Let me know what you think.

• Like 14

Nice one mate.

These MMAC's are fucking sweet man, I love them!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Adacas said:

----------------------------------------------------------

The next "update" will be the release of the MilGP AOR expansion. It will be a separate mod that will only include texture files and will be dependent on the main mod. Now the discussion was only about the vests, but I have been thinking about including pretty much everything (opscores, caps and etc...) and the mod size wouldn't change that much (we're talking about 10-20MB difference) Let me know what you think.

Why split them up at all? Wouldn't it be better to keep it all in one place?

28 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Why split them up at all? Wouldn't it be better to keep it all in one place?

because in that way the size of the main mod will not change. And also, there can be people that doesn't want AOR stuff, so why not make the mod more modular :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, direone said:

because in that way the size of the main mod will not change. And also, there can be people that doesn't want AOR stuff, so why not make the mod mor modular :)

Fair enough, with the steam workshop it's just on extra click anyway.

• Like 2

The reasons for separation are mainly the mod size would increase drastically and there would be a lot more variations where pretty much 80% of the Arsenal would be my stuff haha. Other than that some people don't actually care for some of the camo patterns. Especially if we are talking about AOR which is used by SEALs and SEAL's only. 

At first I'll see how this expansion does and in the future I could probably extend it with other options such as the rest of the Multicam variants, ATACS.

• Like 6

Thanks Adacas! I agree with spliting it up. I use AOR a lot.

I'll operate a lot tonight! 

Dang, of course the update comes when I'm not going to be able to check it out for a week. Anyways, I'll just go ahead and make the safe assumption that everything is great, like usual. Thanks for the update. 

31 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Dang, of course the update comes when I'm not going to be able to check it out for a week. Anyways, I'll just go ahead and make the safe assumption that everything is great, like usual. Thanks for the update. 

Take my word for it, the MMAC's are sublime!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adacas said:

. Especially if we are talking about AOR which is used by SEALs and SEAL's only. 

And CAG/Delta-they use it too. Also I've seen some of the Green Beret ODA's occasionally use AOR1. Just sayin' ;)

Amazing work on the MMAC's mate.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

And CAG/Delta-they use it too. Also I've seen some of the Green Beret ODA's occasionally use AOR1. Just sayin' ;)

Amazing work on the MMAC's mate.

That was at the testing stage, the final product is a SEAL thing. The one image we have for that is from late 2006, back when Paraclete was still the cool kid on the block and the 416's were still stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, war_lord said:

That was at the testing stage, the final product is a SEAL thing. The one image we have for that is from late 2006, back when Paraclete was still the cool kid on the block and the 416's were still stock.

True enough. Never even knew the ODA's used it until I saw this book cover the other day.

8 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

True enough. Never even knew the ODA's used it until I saw this book cover the other day.

That's not AOR, it's the Hyperstealth "Spec4ce Sierra" pattern issued to the Afghan National Civil Order Police. Judging by the patches on that operator, he's probably partnered with a police unit as an advisor.

Just now, war_lord said:

That's not AOR, it's the Hyperstealth "Spec4ce Sierra" pattern issued to the Afghan National Civil Order Police.

Oh..Okay-you really know your gear mate :) I stand corrected.

We should probably get this topic back on track.

• Like 1