7 hours ago, road runner said:

Requests for such addons belong in the request for addons ..thank you.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/201544-arma-3-addon-request-thread/

I like how people think how easy it is for us modders is to create a completely new mod. He is requesting vehicles, weapons, gear and clothing like it could be done in couple of days. Some people never stop to amaze me.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Adacas said:

I like how people think how easy it is for us modders is to create a completely new mod. He is requesting vehicles, weapons, gear and clothing like it could be done in couple of days. Some people never stop to amaze me.

I love how he even said "I NEED" lol

• Like 2

On 10/02/2017 at 10:59 PM, Adacas said:

I could add Kiory's balaclavas and with the same setups as face shields. Maybe not for the next update but yeah I can do that. And I'll do standalone Goggles and Tactical shades also then.

do you mean goggles and shades by themselves with no face shield?

51 minutes ago, kilo-bravo said:

do you mean goggles and shades by themselves with no face shield?

Yes. It wouldn't change mod size a single kB and would add more variation.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Adacas said:

I'm still laughing that the dude requested a full mod of an entire military force.

"Yeah, good mod and all, but could you maybe create a mod with full Civil War uniforms, weapons, ballistics and locales? Preferably with a Real-Time Strategy interface to go along with it?"

• Like 1

Coming at you soon... :D

The new MMAC vest

gqwlC5Y.jpg

0zQUdtW.jpg

XS441Gz.jpg

ja6doAu.jpg

NLEsj0G.jpg

• Like 20

Just now, Bitesrad said:

AOR now included eh? Any chance for sneak peak of those :D

They are not done yet. And they will be available as separate mod.

• Like 4

Great job!! These look like a dlc page on steam, quality content with quality pictures of them

• Like 2

Nice ! Your work is awesome, thank you. Does it come with belt variants ?

Wow nice new vest dude looks killer!

Will the new vest's also have a belt too like the JPC? Also one more question for you about aor2. I don't want to sound like rude but I find the aor2 rather dark at its current state. Just wanted to know if this is because you like the look of it or if I need to tweak my arma colour settings. (I run arma at base colour settings) 

Thanks for making this mod and all the hard work you put in. Have a good one 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Matth_ said:

][some, thank you. Does it come with belt variants ?

Well not yet but it will just like every other vest. 

35 minutes ago, kromkastor said:

Wow nice new vest dude looks killer!

Will the new vest's also have a belt too like the JPC? Also one more question for you about aor2. I don't want to sound like rude but I find the aor2 rather dark at its current state. Just wanted to know if this is because you like the look of it or if I need to tweak my arma colour settings. (I run arma at base colour settings) 

Thanks for making this mod and all the hard work you put in. Have a good one 

I never really checked if AOR2 looks right or other camo patterns I use besides Multicam and plain color variants. I'll fix it then for the upcoming update.

• Like 4

I'm guessing (hoping) this will use the hidden selections to allow for multiple loadout/looks?

Looking good! Your quality of work is always impressive!

7 hours ago, kromkastor said:

I don't want to sound like rude but I find the aor2 rather dark at its current state.

I've heard this a million times, along with the same about AOR1.

if you do a google search on AOR2, you will come across several AOR 2 swatches, which one is the correct one? Me personally, All my AOR2 is of the predominant green colours.

It all comes down to personal preferences, so my challenge to you, is to come up with an AOR2 uniform texture that simply blows everyone's mind, because if it's good enough, I will use it in my addons too :f:

I also made a fatal mistake with AOR2 after spending 5 hours creating a uniform, in that AOR 2 the black splotches run vertically, not horizontally like AOR1, it cost me 5 hours work, because to me, it looked right, realistically, the pattern was wrong. It's also important to get the scaling just right on these digital camo's too.

• Like 4

All I can say is keep doing what your doing homie!!! The gear is dope and all your textures are on point. Judging from the new vest I can't wait to see your new uniforms you got coming.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, road runner said:

I also made a fatal mistake with AOR2 after spending 5 hours creating a uniform, in that AOR 2 the black splotches run vertically, not horizontally like AOR1, it cost me 5 hours work, because to me, it looked right, realistically, the pattern was wrong. It's also important to get the scaling just right on these digital camo's too.

Its funny you say this, having never been in the military I tend to research my camo's before I retexture and have noticed what you're saying about AOR 2 as well as the size of the patterns in some stuff out there.

At the end of the day, it's just a game and I find the effort people make to retexture admirable. Of course, extra points for those who cut up the pattern to match the seams:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, road runner said:

if you do a google search on AOR2, you will come across several AOR 2 swatches, which one is the correct one? Me personally, All my AOR2 is of the predominant green colours.

It all comes down to personal preferences, so my challenge to you, is to come up with an AOR2 uniform texture that simply blows everyone's mind, because if it's good enough, I will use it in my addons too :f:

I remember well your trials and tribulations with AOR1...nobody was ever happy :D Although you nailed it in the end.

Personally I think adacas AOR2 is pretty spot on-as is roadrunners. The one in the warfighter pack from VSm is also really really good. 

It's all personal taste, mixed with lighting, monitor settings how faded the pattern is etc etc. Trying to make it too bright can result in a neon/lime green monstrosity that would only camouflage you inside a nuclear reactor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, road runner said:

Yeah, lighting conditions can make patterns appear radically different at times. Best reference pics are usually the ones taken during daylight hours with overcast. Anything out of those specific conditions and you'll have some form of visual distortion introduced. With regard to the perfect AOR2 texture, I'd say sabre is pretty spot on with the spec 4 gear pack. Infact, I think all of his patterns are pretty much the gold standard when it comes to replicating camos, but I doubt anyone will dispute that :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigBadScot said:

By the way, which SF use MMAC?

Special Mission units generally don't have standard kit, they'll use whatever their country's ministry of defense is willing to pay for. You could see the MMAC on anyone from US CAG to German KSK to Russian GRU. It really doesn't matter.

A question regarding the separate addon for the AOR vests: will it also include the JPC and CIRAS in AOR, or will this extension be just the MMAC?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BigBadScot said:

By the way, which SF use MMAC?

SEALs seem to have adopted them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Special Mission units generally don't have standard kit, they'll use whatever their country's ministry of defense is willing to pay for. You could see the MMAC on anyone from US CAG to German KSK to Russian GRU.

Also, sometimes soldiers buy their own gear... 

• Like 1