Steam workshop marked as hidden

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

Steam workshop marked as hidden

I didn't noticed it at first, but I had to agree to the new terms of service of the steam's workshop for my mod to show up. Now it is visible.

Hey man, the new M81 textures are outstanding, congratulations!

8 minutes ago, jacobs said:

Hey man, the new M81 textures are outstanding, congratulations!

Was just about to say the same thing-they look awesome!

Awesome work.  One question, though.  Are the PCUs not compatible with insignia?  Or did I just miss something?  (Tested with the PCU+MC combo, can check with others)

1 hour ago, shomu1 said:

Awesome work.  One question, though.  Are the PCUs not compatible with insignia?  Or did I just miss something?  (Tested with the PCU+MC combo, can check with others)

As of right now not compatible.

I wanna tease you guys a little one of the upcoming OpsCores for the next release.

OPSCORE.png

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Adacas said:

I wanna tease you guys a little one of the upcoming OpsCores for the next release.

Ohhh those look nice

Just for curiosity, whats the function of all the crap attached to the helmet?

(Besides the obvious hearing protection, headset, camera and goggles... )

Surefire light on the left rail, chem lights\strobes up-top and an NVG counter-weight/battery pack at the rear.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Adacas said:

OPSCORE.png

Oh my gawd..

3 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Surefire light on the left rail, chem lights\strobes up-top and an NVG counter-weight/battery pack at the rear.

Not chemlights, but V-lites. Those are mechanical lights that need to be turned on. The rest of it you got it right

But what is their use outside of training maneuvers and/or night range action? Can't one tape a chemlight or smthn if in need of marking something/someone?

3 minutes ago, bars91 said:

But what is their use outside of training maneuvers and/or night range action? Can't one tape a chemlight or smthn if in need of marking something/someone?

First of all, I don't get it why are you complaining. This is just one of the variants/

Secondly, this is for a game to make stuff look fancy and "tacticool".

Thirdly, stuff like that do have use for example when performing halo, for identification during breaching and etc.

• Like 2

Woow, check your attitute settings there bralukas, they're way off. I was just genuinely interested in the lights. That's all :drinking2:

I'm not complaining, I think it looks nice, and I would like to know the purpose of all that stuff!

Thanks for your reply! 

What is that small brown thing on the right rail (seeing the helmet up front).

9 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Woow, check your attitute settings there bralukas, they're way off. I was just genuinely interested in the lights. That's all :drinking2:

Shit sorry I thought I was responding to Jacobs message since he wrote "crap". One big misunderstanding. Hahaha

3 minutes ago, jacobs said:

I'm not complaining, I think it looks nice, and I would like to know the purpose of all that stuff!

Thanks for your reply! 

What is that small brown thing on the right rail (seeing the helmet up front).

That would be the camera. 

No, the small thing on the other side rail, with what seems like some small buttons/LEDs...

1 minute ago, jacobs said:

No, the small thing on the other side rail, with what seems like some small buttons/LEDs...

Ahh sorry I just saw a right rail and presumed you're talking about the right side of the helmet. That is Surefire helmet light.

2 minutes ago, Adacas said:

Ahh sorry I just saw a right rail and presumed you're talking about the right side of the helmet. That is Surefire helmet light.

Thanks, and I didn't mean "crap" in a negative way. These things makes the helmet look purposeful. =)

Also the lights could be used in case of emergency, for mark your position if you are wounded at night for example :)

You bastard tease XD

Recap of everything on the helmet

Goggles - eye pro (obviously)

Peltors - Ear pro and comms (obviously)

Manta - IFF, can be used as both a visible strobe for emergency or an IR strobe for "it's his fault" if the Littlebird or DAP driver blew you up

Red/blue lights - night-time marking/IFF, sort of like the IR tabs on ACUs and FROGs but visible; Generally turned off when near nme. Red/green is more common thanks to its universality in nautical and aeronautical applications

Left-side box - Surefire helmet light, can come with two visual light modes or a visual and an IR, for this type of application probably red or white and IR

Right side box - Contour Camera, for accountability, mission control, and documentation

Back box - Magpul NVG counterweight or battery pack

• Like 2

The V-Lites are sometimes used on HALO/HAHO jumps and are normally red/green used the same way in which Navigation lights are used at sea and on aircraft. They assist other jumpers to the orientation of other. jumpers

• Like 2