I think the Marksman vests (or whatever they're labelled as) are modeled with 7.62 pouches. They certainly aren't 5.56, anyway.

Yes, I agree, but he pouches on this vest look like they're sized for bolt-action type ammo clips, which I think is perfect for sniper type loadouts. But I was thinking more like 20rd selfloading rifle type magazines, you know HK417/M110/SR25 etc. type weapons.

Anyway, no big deal. The vests are fantastic already.

Yes, I agree, but he pouches on this vest look like they're sized for bolt-action type ammo clips, which I think is perfect for sniper type loadouts. But I was thinking more like 20rd selfloading rifle type magazines, you know HK417/M110/SR25 etc. type weapons.

Anyway, no big deal. The vests are fantastic already.

You see, this is the issue when guys make addons, people start making all sorts of requests, and don't think I'm having a go at you as an individual, I'm having a go at the unappreciative general public.

The amount of work that goes into making a simple vest can be literally days into weeks, it's a lot easier cheating with the hidden selection technique I started using and it DOES cut down on the number of models ergo the download size is realistic, and not too heavy.

Now..people want , people always want but they wont do themselves, which can be very frustrating at times, does anyone have a clue as to exactly how many different Marksmen weapons platforms are out there and the magazine physical sizes ?? There's fucking hundreds, you simply cannot expect the addon maker to cater for every single variable out there, he'd burn out rapidly. Also don't forget, it took loads of moaning to get addon makers to STOP putting country flags on their vests, even it was made specifically for a certain country, but because it looks so good, the public wanted the "items" to be "generic" ..

What Adacas, myself, and others moddrs active at present are doing just that, making everything "generic" it's very disheartening to read after a release that's made you burn midnight oil, not eat, lose track of time etc, " yeah it's good........but it doesn't have X, Y or Z on it"

Come on guys, appreciate the work, we do this for free, we do this so you guys have something better than cottage industry vanilla.

• Like 14

You see, this is the issue when guys make addons, people start making all sorts of requests, and don't think I'm having a go at you as an individual, I'm having a go at the unappreciative general public.

The amount of work that goes into making a simple vest can be literally days into weeks, it's a lot easier cheating with the hidden selection technique I started using and it DOES cut down on the number of models ergo the download size is realistic, and not too heavy.

Come on guys, appreciate the work, we do this for free, we do this so you guys have something better than cottage industry vanilla.

So,so true. It's the standard response whenever an addon is released "Oh wow this is sooo amazing.....but could you add/change this little thing for me?" :/

• Like 7

OK, guys. Let us not get into a big argument over this. I was really just trying to make a polite suggestion. I know I am new to these forums, but I am beginning to understand that such suggestions are not welcome, although I just do not understand why. It has nothing to do with critisizing the fantastic word modders do or leaning back and expecting others to just do whatever I demand. I have not useful skills in this field, otherwise I would happily join the modding effort. But all I can do is support via Patreon, which I already do, including Adacas.

But the point seems hard to press home. Language barrier, maybe? Like many others here, english is not my native languag.

Over & out.

• Like 7

OK, guys. Let us not get into a big argument over this. I was really just trying to make a polite suggestion. I know I am new to these forums, but I am beginning to understand that such suggestions are not welcome, although I just do not understand why. It has nothing to do with critisizing the fantastic word modders do or leaning back and expecting others to just do whatever I demand. I have not useful skills in this field, otherwise I would happily join the modding effort. But all I can do is support via Patreon, which I already do, including Adacas.

But the point seems hard to press home. Language barrier, maybe? Like many others here, english is not my native languag.

Over & out.

Well imagine this situation, you release some stuff, some guy makes a suggestion, as you are in a good mood and have some time, you look into that and release new version. 2 days later another guy suggests it doesnt belong there and he wants to change it again. I have been there and that doesnt really make me want to do more even though i think im quite open to ideas (sadly not being able to fulfil most of them). I had so many of them and my mod isnt even that famous so can imagine all those messages coming to better guys. But well, can always say it is my artistic view and freedom so it will stay like this.  :D Plus how guys said, we do it for free, i never asked for a cent, i want to choose what im gonna do, its my hobby in the end. If im gonna be forced into stuff, it will be fast end of modding for me. You dont have skills? Well theres no obstacle in a way to get them, hundreds of tutorials around the net and community is helpful too if you ask around. Ill be more than happy to help someone instead of another reply to: I want this and that. :)

And for last, not trying to argue or something, so dont take it badly, just telling you another modders point of view.

Anyway great stuff there Adacas, i should start working on my RAV and MBSS remake or youre gonna do that too and i loose my original beauties. :D

• Like 3

he said he wasn't having a go at you in particular, it is just an unfortunate nature of such a large community, ideas and suggestions are great! but as a modder myself being hounded with different things from different people can grate on you after a while.

think of it this way this is from my own perspective:

you do something one person says "HEY GREAT WORK now i want you to do this this and this" and then another comes along "it looks good, can you do this?" and another, and another, and another, by the end you've got about 8 requests for different, and you would like to do them, but you only have one pair of hands. 

you start to feel bad for not being able to fulfil said requests straight away (mine at the moment is civilian women due to skeleton restraints) you start to lose esteem, motivation, etc. you're getting good comments but there's normally a request attached to it somewhere. and it goes the same way, over and over and over again, every time you post a WIP. it starts to grate on you, and when you say no because [insert reason] some requesters get a right strop on, try to argue it, and that causes a further decline in your mood.

sometimes requesters don't even comment on the work, they just WANT something, i know RHS gets that a lot, and it does get on you after a while that what you're doing is never going to be enough to satisfy the huge appetite of such a large community, everyone wants something different, everyone wants it now, but they don't realise we're modders, not super human octo-limbed mutants with all the time in the world on our hands, you feel me? 

I often wonder if sometimes people forget there's actually a person on the other end. 

Now..people want , people always want but they wont do themselves, which can be very frustrating at times

just to touch on this very quickl, it's often quicker, better and more fun and insanity inducing to learn the tools and do it yourself, rather than ask a modder to do it for you. that was certainly the case with FEMAL3. All well and good complaining, and asking around, but take the initiative once in a while 

Yes, I agree, but he pouches on this vest look like they're sized for bolt-action type ammo clips,

*whispers* it's a magazine, not a clip

• Like 7

*whispers* it's a magazine, not a clip

*whispers back* stripper clip  ;)

One thing I wanted to add as well, as someone who's not a modder and is also guilty of making the odd request here and there, one of the other things that these requests lead to is "Oh great you're doing one of those." which invariably turns into "So you said you were doing one like that, is it done yet? Do you have an update on it? When will it be ready? Are you still working on it?" which can be frustrating to no end when you start bringing in entitlement (where's my mod?) and obligation (why aren't you working on it?). All of which can squeeze the life / enthusiasm / ambition out of whatever it is that you're doing.

• Like 1

*whispers back* stripper clip  ;)

One thing I wanted to add as well, as someone who's not a modder and is also guilty of making the odd request here and there, one of the other things that these requests lead to is "Oh great you're doing one of those." which invariably turns into "So you said you were doing one like that, is it done yet? Do you have an update on it? When will it be ready? Are you still working on it?" which can be frustrating to no end when you start bringing in entitlement (where's my mod?) and obligation (why aren't you working on it?). All of which can squeeze the life / enthusiasm / ambition out of whatever it is that you're doing.

oh was it? I kind of assumed modern day = probably meant magazine. silly me :P

as for your latter point, agreed entirely, someone asked me a question, I missed it because if you read the thread the answer would be there, and i posted a new WIP and they demanded an answer to their question. completely disregarding the progress i'd made. it does suck the life out of it, it's like a parent nagging you to do the chores.

• Like 1

So a little SITREP from my side about what I have been up to this week.

1. Reweighted MarCiras vest. Ohh boy this one was quite a frustration to get it right... But now vest doesn't bend in the middle (which is how vest supposed to be since you have plates inside) and the only downside is that bottom of the vest barely sticks inside stomach not a big deal as the vest will be covered with pouches so it is not visible. 

2. Improved textures of G3 uniform and added three more camo variants: AOR1, AOR2, Multicam Alpine (More to come including Multicam Tropic, Multicam Arid, ATACS FG, ATACS AU) and I'm open for few more camo suggestions

3. Worked on MMAC vest. Decided to go with the Navy version of the vest because there were no proper images for the regular version

One of the bad news is that Crye Precision RACK turned out quite horrible. No worries I'll work on different chest rig after I'm done with MMAC (Probably LBT1961A or LBT2586B)

• Like 12

1. Reweighted MarCiras vest. Ohh boy this one was quite a frustration to get it right... But now vest doesn't bend in the middle (which is how vest supposed to be since you have plates inside) and the only downside is that bottom of the vest barely sticks inside stomach not a big deal as the vest will be covered with pouches so it is not visible. 

2. Improved textures of G3 uniform and added three more camo variants: AOR1, AOR2, Multicam Alpine (More to come including Multicam Tropic, Multicam Arid, ATACS FG, ATACS AU) and I'm open for few more camo suggestions

3. Worked on MMAC vest. Decided to go with the Navy version of the vest because there were no proper images for the regular version

One of the bad news is that Crye Precision RACK turned out quite horrible. No worries I'll work on different chest rig after I'm done with MMAC (Probably LBT1961A or LBT2586B)

Nice sitrep! That's some good progress right there.  :) 

Regarding the camos, if I may suggest, I'd consider the scorpion (not sure about it tho), the UCP/UCP Delta (dunno if it's appropriate for a g3 field set), the OCP (here too, dunno if there's a great difference that would make it viable to include), MC Black (I'll just put it there), the M81, the MTP (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw a photo of some australian dudes rocking a g3 in that camo). I was also thinking about 3-color/6-color desert camos, but they're too old and I don't think it's still issued or used on G3s. Oh, and kryptek stuff maybe (dunno which ones). That's just my two pennies' worth tho!

Nice sitrep! That's some good progress right there.  :) 

Regarding the camos, if I may suggest, I'd consider the scorpion (not sure about it tho), the UCP/UCP Delta (dunno if it's appropriate for a g3 field set), the OCP (here too, dunno if there's a great difference that would make it viable to include), MC Black (I'll just put it there) the M81, the MTP (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw a photo of some australian dudes rocking a g3 in that camo). I was also thinking about 3-color/6-color desert camos, but they're too old and I don't think it's still issued or used on G3s. Oh, and kryptek stuff maybe (dunno which ones). That's just my two pennies' worth tho!

Scorpion, MTP, OCP (Similar to Multicam not worth it)

UCP (Everyone hates it and tries to avoid it as much as possible :D )

UCP-D (Love that pattern but it was discarded so not worth adding it)

Multicam Black (This is not a PMC mod)

M81 (Yes)

3CD/6CD (If there is no better options I will add 3CD but not the 6CD don't know why but I just don't like the last one)

Kryptek (Not a fan)

• Like 6

Awesome to hear you might consider 3 colour desert :) ALways a favourite of mine-especially when used with M81 pants or shirt for a mixed look. Fits in well with terrain like Altis. I'm not sure if it is used at all on G3's in real life, but it looks good. VSM Warfighter pack has 3CD G'3 and they are great.

Scorpion, MTP, OCP (Similar to Multicam not worth it)

UCP (Everyone hates it and tries to avoid it as much as possible :D )

UCP-D (Love that pattern but it was discarded so not worth adding it)

Multicam Black (This is not a PMC mod)

M81 (Yes)

3CD/6CD (If there is no better options I will add 3CD but not the 6CD don't know why but I just don't like the last one)

Kryptek (Not a fan)

I agree with you there, MTP, Scorpion and OCP are basically the "same" or quite similar

I was quite unsure about the UCP-D too, mainly because it was discarded, but even if it was experimental, it was quite good

I just threw the MC black in because I saw it on Crye's website

Nice to see that you're going to add the M81

Nice to know that you're taking in consideration the 3CD

I'm not a fan of Kryptek too, but there's people loving it, so I thought it would be alright to suggest

Anyway, are you going to consider "international" camos ? I don't mean strange stuff, maybe things used on G3s by other countries. If yes, then I'd like to send you some other suggestions. If no, I'd surely share any ideas I have with you (if that's alright with you ofc).

I agree with you there, MTP, Scorpion and OCP are basically the "same" or quite similar

I was quite unsure about the UCP-D too, mainly because it was discarded, but even if it was experimental, it was quite good

I just threw the MC black in because I saw it on Crye's website

Nice to see that you're going to add the M81

Nice to know that you're taking in consideration the 3CD

I'm not a fan of Kryptek too, but there's people loving it, so I thought it would be alright to suggest

Anyway, are you going to consider "international" camos ? I don't mean strange stuff, maybe things used on G3s by other countries. If yes, then I'd like to send you some other suggestions. If no, I'd surely share any ideas I have with you (if that's alright with you ofc).

I try to pick camo patterns that can be used by anyone. Exception would be the AOR but I added them just because how popular they're are.

• Like 2

I try to pick camo patterns that can be used by anyone. Exception would be the AOR but I added them just because how popular they're are.

Ok then, I'll assemble a big list of my ideas and send it to you. Shall I post it here ? Or do I send it to you by PM ?

Ok then, I'll assemble a big list of my ideas and send it to you. Shall I post it here ? Or do I send it to you by PM ?

Post it here

• Like 1

Ok then :
1) Flecktarn and derivates (dunno if it's appropriate, but it's still quite popular)
2) CADPAT (very unsure, because most likely it's a canadian exclusive)
3) Tiger stripe (very old camo, a classic. I'm very unsure and skeptical about it, but, I put it on the list)
4) Night Desert
5) Black (a simple and plain black, without patterns)
6) WZ93/Multicam version of the WZ93 (I heard that the Straż Graniczna has a multicam-type camo with the same color palette of the WZ, very unsure about it though)
7) MARPAT (unsure about it, it's mostly a USMC exclusive)
8) DPM/DPM-like patterns (a lot of countries are still using derivates of it or the original pattern itself)
9) Surpat (quite particular, in fact I was unsure about putting it on the list)
10) MC Alpine (whoopsies! Misread the post 609)
11) Greenzone, badlands, sandstorm (unsure about pencott camos, but I thought it would be alright to mention them)

Also, did you consider to add "mixed" g3s ?
I hope I didn't pick camos that derail too much from the scope of the mod and thanks for taking the time to listen to me.

• Like 1

Ok then :

1) Flecktarn and derivates (dunno if it's appropriate, but it's still quite popular)

2) CADPAT (very unsure, because most likely it's a canadian exclusive)

3) Tiger stripe (very old camo, a classic. I'm very unsure and skeptical about it, but, I put it on the list)

4) Night Desert

5) Black (a simple and plain black, without patterns)

6) WZ93/Multicam version of the WZ93 (I heard that the Straż Graniczna has a multicam-type camo with the same color palette of the WZ, very unsure about it though)

7) MARPAT (unsure about it, it's mostly a USMC exclusive)

8) DPM/DPM-like patterns (a lot of countries are still using derivates of it or the original pattern itself)

9) Surpat (quite particular, in fact I was unsure about putting it on the list)

10) MC Alpine 

11) Greenzone, badlands, sandstorm (unsure about pencott camos, but I thought it would be alright to mention them)

Also, did you consider to add "mixed" g3s ?

I hope I didn't pick camos that derail too much from the scope of the mod and thanks for taking the time to listen to me.

1. The Germans like their Crye, though BWK does already have some sweet GI gear...

2. Canadians seem to be okay using standard issue combat gear, but would be nice

3. Not really appropriate for Cryes but it is a very good pattern. If yes then throw my hat in for desert tiger as well

4. Totally inappropriate for Cryes and it didn't actually work as intended past 70's tech

5. This

6. Not sure about Poles and their Cryes but an interesting idea

7. They have MCCUU and FROGs, no need really but seeing as we don't have proper MCCUUs yet

8. Maybe not the most appropriate of patterns for Cryes but an interesting proposal

9. Realistically it'd be put on an M-88 or EMR-derived uniform rather than knockoff crye field equipment

10. See post 609 :D

11. Doesn't seem to be in military use, though it does look interesting

My ideas

1. All Terrain Tiger - made on competitor uniforms and would be a good way to get a period-appropriate Tigerstripe in

2. NWU-1 - Maybe this'd be better for a BDU reskin but Delta won't let us do that at least with the current BDUs so :/

3. ABU - See above

4. UCP - Doesn't matter if people don't like it, was used for many years and seems to be sticking around in Law Enforcement a bit longer. Then again War Plan Blue is on the way with proper ACUs so maybe not

• Like 1

Ok then :

Some Crye Stuff is actually produced in Flecktarn. So that would be fitting.

• Like 1

Hi Adacas,

we love your mod, it is  fantastic. It is possibly to add a snow/arctic camo pattern? I think it could be very useful in winter missions.

1. The Germans like their Crye, though BWK does already have some sweet GI gear...

2. Canadians seem to be okay using standard issue combat gear, but would be nice

3. Not really appropriate for Cryes but it is a very good pattern. If yes then throw my hat in for desert tiger as well

4. Totally inappropriate for Cryes and it didn't actually work as intended past 70's tech

5. This

6. Not sure about Poles and their Cryes but an interesting idea

7. They have MCCUU and FROGs, no need really but seeing as we don't have proper MCCUUs yet

8. Maybe not the most appropriate of patterns for Cryes but an interesting proposal

9. Realistically it'd be put on an M-88 or EMR-derived uniform rather than knockoff crye field equipment

10. See post 609 :D

11. Doesn't seem to be in military use, though it does look interesting

My ideas

1. All Terrain Tiger - made on competitor uniforms and would be a good way to get a period-appropriate Tigerstripe in

2. NWU-1 - Maybe this'd be better for a BDU reskin but Delta won't let us do that at least with the current BDUs so :/

3. ABU - See above

4. UCP - Doesn't matter if people don't like it, was used for many years and seems to be sticking around in Law Enforcement a bit longer. Then again War Plan Blue is on the way with proper ACUs so maybe not

Some Crye Stuff is actually produced in Flecktarn. So that would be fitting.

@Hvymetal

Whoopsies! Noticed it later and didn't edit my post. I remember seeing it in post 609 but still put it on the list, silly me!  ^_^ 

Yeah, people hate UCP but it's widely used. I don't think it's that bad, why is it hated though ? (http://new4.fjcdn.com/pictures/When_ba829d_5061595.jpg :D). And too bad that UCP-D got discarded, I liked it more than the standard UCP.

I tried to put on the list intresting choices, maybe they're not the most widely used camos, but still, they are quite popular (I think). I would have loved to suggest ATACS LE, but it's used only for law enforcment purposes (and not fitting).

And about the surpat, yeah, realistically speaking, it would be a bit inappropriate on crye equipment, I was unsure about putting it on the list. 

@Eagle1992

Glad to have chosen a fitting camo, I'm trying to keep myself a bit informed (ArmA is a great passion of mine, but I never got a wide knowledge of gear and camos). That said, I recall seeing some G3 gear in Flecktarn but I didn't know it was an actual thing.

Hi Adacas,

we love your mod, it is  fantastic. It is possibly to add a snow/arctic camo pattern? I think it could be very useful in winter missions.

;)

;)

ohhh, thank you for the hint. I overlook it.

• Like 1

I'd rather see patterns that are plausible like M81 woodland and DCU instead of crazy fantasy stuff like NWU-1 and UCP. The Navy and Army are phasing them out for a reason (they don't camouflage anything).