It will come as a back pouch option. So you will be able to add it to any vest

It seems your mind is made up but I hope you'll reconsider. It's something which should be integral to the vest,  in the same vein as magazine pouches and a radio. 

• Like 1

It seems your mind is made up but I hope you'll reconsider. It's something which should be integral to the vest,  in the same vein as magazine pouches and a radio. 

I want to do vests as modular as possible and having antenna on the back limits that. And it makes no sense to have it on every vest because such antenna would only be on Comms unit or Team Leader

• Like 4

I want to do vests as modular as possible and having antenna on the back limits that. And it makes no sense to have it on every vest because such antenna would only be on Comms unit or Team Leader

Not really, pretty much everyone one in the team would carry a PR of some sort, and would also have the antennae kits to go with them, it also depends on the ground their operating on, the smaller antennae is ideal for standard comms ranges, anywhere between 2-6KM's, throw up a whip Antennae, and you can double your range.

Team Leaders, JTAC's, CCT"s and Comm's guys would carry dual fits, to save switching frequencies for Battalion/Brigade comms, comms guys would carry more powerful sets, possibly HF, and SATCOM stuff,

• Like 3

Not really, pretty much everyone one in the team would carry a PR of some sort, and would also have the antennae kits to go with them, it also depends on the ground their operating on, the smaller antennae is ideal for standard comms ranges, anywhere between 2-6KM's, throw up a whip Antennae, and you can double your range.

Team Leaders, JTAC's, CCT"s and Comm's guys would carry dual fits, to save switching frequencies for Battalion/Brigade comms, comms guys would carry more powerful sets, possibly HF, and SATCOM stuff,

I believe you but still I don't like this idea of every vest having antenna so I'm just gonna stick with my original idea.

• Like 3

Sorry but flag won't make it. I think there will be enough of back pouches variations already. 

Ok I tried ! otherwise continue your work is really good  :)

Time for me to make a statement.

First of all I want to apologize for making such a drastic update without even informing anyone and for removing headgear and facemasks. They will make a comeback but they will be redone same as vests. Everything before V1.0 was just testing and figuring out on how to standardize this mod. 

Now onto better news. 

I read two pages of your comments and these will be my next steps:

Regarding Vests:

1. Bring Back Grenadier Vest

2. Bring Back Pistol Holster on Vest

3. Fix the chemlights texture by adding dust

4. Switch back to closed magazine pouches

Regarding Back Pouches:

1. Do a Comms Pouch set. I will remove big antenna from Assaulter vest and make it as a back pouch with its own radio on the back (Maybe even make it compatible with TFAR)

2. Do a Hydration Pouch set (Hydration pouch on the back with few extra pouches for storage)

3. Do a Breacher Pouch set (Bolt cutter Pouch with Shotgun attached on the back)

4. Do a Explosives Pouch set (This is still questionable. If I were to create Slap Charge I will do this)

5. Do a Pointman Pouch set (Have few smokes, flashes on the back of the vest along with general purpose pouches)

Keep me informed on what you want. I intend to make you happy :)

Hey Adacas, really really great news to hear! Looking forward to try that stuff! :)  Just a suggestion: to add variety and to solve the issue of the ammo pouches you could keep two versions of each vest, one with open ammo pouches and one with closed ones. Or would it make the mod too big?

Hey Adacas, really really great news to hear! Looking forward to try that stuff! :)  Just a suggestion: to add variety and to solve the issue of the ammo pouches you could keep two versions of each vest, one with open ammo pouches and one with closed ones. Or would it make the mod too big?

Do the math. 5 diffrent vests * 2 (Belt option) * 4 (Camo patterns) = 40 and you want to double that also just because of few mags?

• Like 4

Was going to post, the SOF unit that would carry the smallest number of radios that would require that antennae (FM) is a Ranger Platoon, and they are still going to have 28 out of 40ish guys with radios.  The others running dual radios would be a UHF antennae and then 1-3 people with a sat antennae, but that's something you have to setup, it doesn't work too well when you try to rig it and move.  

Commandos are probably a similar setup, everyone else would be 100% with a radio.

• Like 2

Do the math. 5 diffrent vests * 2 (Belt option) * 4 (Camo patterns) = 40 and you want to double that also just because of few mags?

Yeah I think you're right, I didn't even tried to calculate that, sorry  :lol:

I want to implement an easier way to find my gear in arsenal. So every item name will now start with [MilGP]. I'm still making some classname changes so don't be to quick to save loadouts. Things might still change.

• Like 5

Time for me to make a statement.

First of all I want to apologize for making such a drastic update without even informing anyone and for removing headgear and facemasks. They will make a comeback but they will be redone same as vests. Everything before V1.0 was just testing and figuring out on how to standardize this mod. 

Now onto better news. 

I read two pages of your comments and these will be my next steps:

Regarding Vests:

1. Bring Back Grenadier Vest

2. Bring Back Pistol Holster on Vest

3. Fix the chemlights texture by adding dust

4. Switch back to closed magazine pouches

Regarding Back Pouches:

1. Do a Comms Pouch set. I will remove big antenna from Assaulter vest and make it as a back pouch with its own radio on the back (Maybe even make it compatible with TFAR)

2. Do a Hydration Pouch set (Hydration pouch on the back with few extra pouches for storage)

3. Do a Breacher Pouch set (Bolt cutter Pouch with Shotgun attached on the back)

4. Do a Explosives Pouch set (This is still questionable. If I were to create Slap Charge I will do this)

5. Do a Pointman Pouch set (Have few smokes, flashes on the back of the vest along with general purpose pouches)

Keep me informed on what you want. I intend to make you happy :)

Personally I wouldn't want to see Breacher set with shotgun attached to it. There's a mod out there that lets you equip two primary weapons. In other words, you can have your main weapon on your hand whilst having the shotgun at your back and you can switch between them whenever you want. This way the shotgun you're carrying will be functional piece of equipment, not just something for looks. Compile that with a script that makes it possible to breach doors with shotguns and you can become a real virtual breacher. 

The mod I'm talking about is of course Double Weapon by Vlad333000:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31062

Personally I wouldn't want to see Breacher set with shotgun attached to it. There's a mod out there that lets you equip two primary weapons. In other words, you can have your main weapon on your hand whilst having the shotgun at your back and you can switch between them whenever you want. This way the shotgun you're carrying will be functional piece of equipment, not just something for looks. Compile that with a script that makes it possible to breach doors with shotguns and you can become a real virtual breacher. 

The mod I'm talking about is of course Double Weapon by Vlad333000:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31062

You do know you don't have to use Breacher loadout right?

• Like 1

Regarding having the shotgun on the back being useable 3CB got it to work on their mod backpacks so it is possible but requires  Ace mod i think.

You do know you don't have to use Breacher loadout right?

No sir, I didn't know that. I thought the high quality wirecutters would force me to do that. 

I was just wondering why would anyone want some piece of equipment to be just for looks when there's an alternative to make it functional. Of course this is your mod and you can do whatever you want with it, but no need to be so butthurt when someone just (rather politely) states their opinion and suggests an alternative way to do things. I'm not expecting that if I happen to have some kind of opinion everyone should adapt to it and think the same way. I just proposed an alternative and nothing more. 

No sir, I didn't know that. I thought the high quality wirecutters would force me to do that. 

I was just wondering why would anyone want some piece of equipment to be just for looks when there's an alternative to make it functional. Of course this is your mod and you can do whatever you want with it, but no need to be so butthurt when someone just (rather politely) states their opinion and suggests an alternative way to do things. I'm not expecting that if I happen to have some kind of opinion everyone should adapt to it and think the same way. I just proposed an alternative and nothing more. 

For people like me that use arma for screenshots/videos as my pc can't run it very well with all the mods i have i love to see a breaching shotgun on the back of the vest :) so i understand your point of view but in that way adacas can have more customization options in his mod and make more people enjoy his mod 

Adacas, do You have some news about Yours chest rig?

I will work on chest rig and softshell jacket after I'm done with MarCiras. Right now I want to release an update

• Like 5

So this is the quick showcase of upcoming back panel pouches for MarCiras.

Pictures in order: (Tomahawk)(Pointman)(Hydration)(Comms)(Breacher)

I'll see if I can release an update tommorow. If not then on the next day hopefully.

Back_Pouches.png

• Like 19

Looks great!

Hopefully you didn't get the wrong impression from the last posts. I really, really appreciate the effort you put into these. To be honest, my personal contribution to Arma III modding community is basically non-existent. However, I've modded other games (such as Skyrim) quite a bit, so I think I have some kind of idea how much effort it actually takes to make something into a game. I think that's the main reason why requesting someone to make this and that is pretty damn rude. It's just takes so much time and effort to make something. If it didn't, I personally wouldn't mind if someone asked me to do thing "x" for them. Although in my case, I didn't actually ask you to do anything (at least that wasn't my intention). I just saw the discussion about radios and such, and I thought it couldn't hurt if I stated my opinion about the breaching shotguns, considering other people had their opinions about other stuff as well and you didn't seem to mind it. If you would've agreed with my opinion and with the arguments behind it, then you would've done the things in a way I personally would've preferred, because you would've preferred the alternative way too. 

maybe something to fix 

:O Never seen this before