Inova IR strobe WIP: 132 verts, 176 tris, 512x512 texture sheet

EYGH2D9.png

• Like 11

Oh man this is looking so good.Great to see a more jacket style top-good for recon stuff :)

redtip CAT is done also: 340 tris on a 512x512 texture sheet

gYsinVI.png

• Like 11

God damn Warden stealing my likes So a little update. I pretty much have everything now for the vests. I modelled the chemlights, strobe, tourniquet and got Garmin GPS from hawaiian. All is left is to put everything in place. After that I have to create resolution lods, shadows and then I'm ready to release the mod :)

• Like 10

Haven't tried to do anything like that yet. And I'm not hardsurface modeller so that would prove quite a challange. But for now there are others things I have to focus on

Perhaps you could ask Cunico/Sabre if you could use their footwear? (I don't know anything about arma modeling, so I'm not even sure if it's physically possible to copy/paste seperate models) Either way, you boys are putting in work and it definitely shows. Looking forward to the release.

Perhaps you could ask Cunico/Sabre if you could use their footwear? (I don't know anything about arma modeling, so I'm not even sure if it's physically possible to copy/paste seperate models) Either way, you boys are putting in work and it definitely shows. Looking forward to the release.

I asked Cunico for some of the vest accessories but I never got a response back so I won't ask him again. In the end I had to do models myself which turn out to be a good practice for me. Heres the result MarCiras TeamLeader vest with new Tourniquet/Strobe/GPS/Chemlights 1FUfFrt.png

• Like 14

I asked Cunico for some of the vest accessories but I never got a response back so I won't ask him again. In the end I had to do models myself which turn out to be a good practice for me. Heres the result MarCiras TeamLeader vest with new Tourniquet/Strobe/GPS/Chemlights 

Mate, give us that awesome stuff! ahaha Just kigging bud, but seriously, you are making a really great job and i can't wait to use all your stuff in game :)

• Like 2

What special forces use these MarCiras ?

Not American or hot weather that is for sure.

US Army Rangers used the "land version", the MarCiras was used by SEALs, MarSOC and the Force Recon units used the MS-Ciras. I don't think these are still in use but I'm not sure.

Edit: Sorry for the double post! :mellow:

• Like 1

US Army Rangers used the "land version", the MarCiras was used by SEALs, MarSOC and the Force Recon units used the MS-Ciras. I don't think these are still in use but I'm not sure.

Some countries still use it. One of them is mine. Besides I made this vest specially for Wardens NORAF mod since he is helping me alot with retopologizing the stuff I make.

• Like 3

I asked Cunico for some of the vest accessories but I never got a response back so I won't ask him again. In the end I had to do models myself which turn out to be a good practice for me. Heres the result MarCiras TeamLeader vest with new Tourniquet/Strobe/GPS/Chemlights 

His inbox has probably been spammed to hell with requests. You could always drop a message in his thread notifying him of your PM. I think it'll be worth it. Regarding your Ciras vest now. I think the battle belt is positioned too low. It seems you positioned it on the crotch rather than around the waist. Also what radio are you using? 

His inbox has probably been spammed to hell with requests. You could always drop a message in his thread notifying him of your PM. I think it'll be worth it. Regarding your Ciras vest now. I think the battle belt is positioned too low. It seems you positioned it on the crotch rather than around the waist. Also what radio are you using? 

I wrote him on Discord not on BI Forum so he got the message. But look as I said I won't be asking him again and if I need something I can do it myself its just that it is time consuming. Regarding the belt I will look into it

• Like 1

I wrote him on Discord not on BI Forum so he got the message. But look as I said I won't be asking him again and if I need something I can do it myself its just that it is time consuming. Regarding the belt I will look into it

You should ask RoadRunner-his vests have a lot of stuff on them -radios, grenades, camelbaks etc. I have seen him offer other people the use of his vests, so it may be of help to you. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30912

You should ask RoadRunner-his vests have a lot of stuff on them -radios, grenades, camelbaks etc. I have seen him offer other people the use of his vests, so it may be of help to you. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30912

RoadRunner is a cool guy. He gave me some helmet accessories when I asked him. Right now I don't need anything more for the vests so theres no need to ask

Also regarding the radios you asked. I'm using the ones from Sabres SOTG Commandos  mod

• Like 3

RoadRunner is a cool guy. He gave me some helmet accessories when I asked him. Right now I don't need anything more for the vests so theres no need to ask

Also regarding the radios you asked. I'm using the ones from Sabres SOTG Commandos  mod

Great! Sabres SOTG mod had such amazing models for helmets and other stuff-good to see some of it is being used.Maybe someday we will get more of the assets ported to Arma 3 by Sabre :)

Repositioned the belt. It was way off I just didn't noticed on my uniform. And also people requested MachineGunners vest.

http://imgur.com/a/9iAEb
  • Like 14

You're kidding right?
  • Like 2

You're kidding right?

Shhh, let him be in his seal bubble he might be shocked ofwhat there is out side.

• Like 2

The vest looks fantastic. Are you planning a version without the belt as well?

Shhh, let him be in his seal bubble he might be shocked ofwhat there is out side.

That dude doesn't really know anything about kit or sf so it doesn't surprise me.