O.Languedoc

Adding Huron Dust Effect to my Helicopter.

Hi guys, 

I am trying to add the HURON huge dust cloud to my helicopter.

At first my vehicleclass was Air... it only did a little dust... CHanged it to Helicopter and got a bigger cloud... but still way smaller then the Huron or even the little bird.

Do i have to add memory point for the dust on the model? Cant seem to find anything online for that.

I would love my chopper to make a dust cloud even bigger then the Huron. 

Any hint would be appreciated.

Olivier

While I am afraid I do not know how to help you with this, I do hope you succeed.I always want choppers to have bigger dust clouds :)

What kind of helicopter is it?

Not sure with this one, to be honest, but you might want to try dustEffect = "HeliDustBig"; in your heli's config.

• Like 1

Its a Chinook. I am working on an upgrade of Konyo's Chinook with Neptune from LowLand Warriors.

Tried with HeliDustBig last night. Maybe I made a Typo error. I guess it is case sensitive. I'll look it up tonight. 

Maybe it need Memorypoint so it knows where to emit the dust from. I just cant find documentation on it. And since the HURON model is binarized its hard to know if there is any.

You should know that ;) You guys made it!  

:D

Not sure with this one, to be honest, but you might want to try dustEffect = "HeliDustBig"; in your heli's config.

• Like 1

You should know that ;) You guys made it!  

:D

For later use, replace "B_Heli_Transport_03_F" with the helo you want:

hint (getText(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "B_Heli_Transport_03_F" >> "dustEffect"))

For later use, replace "B_Heli_Transport_03_F" with the helo you want:

hint (getText(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "B_Heli_Transport_03_F" >> "dustEffect"))

Will try that tonight in the Exec Window.

Should I inerit from the Huron then replace the model, RotorLib COnfig etc with our own? easier?

Reviving my old post. 

Any new idea? Our chinook still dont have dust effect when approching the ground or the water. 

Does the helicopter have a RoadWay LOD (for walking inside etc.)?

IIRC having a RoadWay messes with some ground-detection/altitude based features in flying vehicles, dust-clouds being one of them.