vitdom

BUGREP RC1.58 FSAA causes jagged edge illuminations

As feedback.arma3.com is down and I was redirected here, I am submitting this bug report concerning the RC of Arma 3 v1.58.135609.

ISSUE: With FSAA Enabled, unnatural jagged edge illuminations are visible around object/model's edges. The higher the FSAA setting, the more clear the jagged edges appear. I believe this is only visible when the object is exposed to some kind of sunlight from behind.

Reproducibility: Always

Temporary workaround: Disable FSAA and only use PPAA. Increase(small amounts does it very well) your sampling resolution if you really need it and have the performance available.

4d58dec.gif

• Like 1

I can confirm this with Nvidia latest drivers.

any news on this? Still happens with latest amd drivers as well. It really depends on the angle you are looking at something with sun shine on it. Disabling fxaa completely solves the problem....but thats kinda no solution really.

A side question: please, how do you do for adding "blinking" pictures in this editor?

Thanks

A side question: please, how do you do for adding "blinking" pictures in this editor?

Thanks

It is a simple gif-file ;)

You just need some screenshots and a gif-maker program.

by the way, is this issue here happening for everybody on whatever graphics card and driver? There are about a dozen tickets on the arma 3 feedback tracker going all the way back to 2013.