direone

[WIP] Static animations pack

I really like the detail you put into the fingers on that one, looks great.  :rthumb:

• Like 1

Dayum! Looking good man, as Sonny said, great work on the details!  :D 
Hey, I've got a suggestion! What about some more poses that involve wounded soldiers and/or carrying them away ? And maybe some "medical treatment" poses as well ? It would be lovely to make some more dramatic screenies, with the poor medic trying to save his buddy's life  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I really like the detail you put into the fingers on that one, looks great.  :rthumb:

Thanks a lot buddy! :D 

Dayum! Looking good man, as Sonny said, great work on the details!  :D 

Hey, I've got a suggestion! What about some more poses that involve wounded soldiers and/or carrying them away ? And maybe some "medical treatment" poses as well ? It would be lovely to make some more dramatic screenies, with the poor medic trying to save his buddy's life  :rolleyes:

Thanks mate :D and yes i think that more poses with wounded soldiers or medical treatment will come soon, maybe not in the next release (that i think will be imminent :P) 

Just two pics with the new pose :D

yNPubNY.jpg

VutkSdd.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for the work here only actually just came across this mod :)

3fvX8BO.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the work here only actually just came across this mod :)

3fvX8BO.jpg

Thanks to you mate for using my pack. I can't tell how happy i am when i see screens made with my poses! :D 

• Like 1

Hello Dierone! Loving the poses it makes really good promotional screenshots for mods and everything :D

Any chances of cutscene animations? I would download it and literally spend most of my life and summer creating missions with it :)

Have a good day Dierone!

• Like 1

Hello Dierone! Loving the poses it makes really good promotional screenshots for mods and everything :D

Any chances of cutscene animations? I would download it and literally spend most of my life and summer creating missions with it :)

Have a good day Dierone!

Thanks mate! But as i have said previously i will keep the pack for only static animations sorry :/

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is something that you would be on board for or not, but have you used this https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188312-3den-enhanced/? Its an expansion on the eden editor that just allows you to double click on a unit and apply a animation. It could be cool if there was a way to combine your animations into this! Biggest reason is it lets you preview the animations in the editor while youre moving units around so you could line people up perfect haha Just a thought, I love your mod man! :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is something that you would be on board for or not, but have you used this https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188312-3den-enhanced/? Its an expansion on the eden editor that just allows you to double click on a unit and apply a animation. It could be cool if there was a way to combine your animations into this! Biggest reason is it lets you preview the animations in the editor while youre moving units around so you could line people up perfect haha Just a thought, I love your mod man! :)

Never tried this out bud, but it will be awesome to have the possibility to apply animations directly in the eden editor, i will see this evening if my poses work with this addon and if not i will try to contact the author and thanks man! :D

• Like 1

Any chance of getting some pistol poses? Hopefully :D

I really want to but i don't know how to make them :/ the model that i use for making poses in blender don't have the pistol model so i can't make it and i don't know how to put the model in blender unfortunatly 

Is it MP compatible ?

I don't know mate but the fact is that the poses are static and there is no point to use them in MP

• Like 1

Thanks mate! But as i have said previously i will keep the pack for only static animations sorry :/

Oh sorry didn't saw that :3 regardless thanks for replying real quick!

Oh sorry didn't saw that :3 regardless thanks for replying real quick!

Don't worry mate :D

20160616170956_1.jpg

I think that there is some problem with the pic mate :/ i'm not able to see it 

With regard to adding a new reference mesh for a pistol.

It's pretty easy.  I assume your reference model/rig is set up in the standard way. So in Object builder point the pistol proxy, for the sample character,  to a model of your choice. Then extract the proxy. The model will be drawn in the correct orientation in the viewport.

Copy/paste this new model into a fresh P3d without making any changes. Once that's done import it into your Blender scene and parent it to the appropriate bone. The right hand.

This new model, like the others is just a reference. Only ever use bones to animate. Never mess with the position of these meshes directly.

The pistol has no dedicated "bone" anyway, as far as I'm aware. Relying on the position of the right hand.

• Like 1

With regard to adding a new reference mesh for a pistol.

It's pretty easy.  I assume your reference model/rig is set up in the standard way. So in Object builder point the pistol proxy, for the sample character,  to a model of your choice. Then extract the proxy. The model will be drawn in the correct orientation in the viewport.

Copy/paste this new model into a fresh P3d without making any changes. Once that's done import it into your Blender scene and parent it to the appropriate bone. The right hand.

This new model, like the others is just a reference. Only ever use bones to animate. Never mess with the position of these meshes directly.

The pistol has no dedicated "bone" anyway, as far as I'm aware. Relying on the position of the right hand.

Thanks a lot for that mate! The only problem is that i can't make to work the objectbuilder, bacause, for some strange reasons, i can't install the P drive..:/

i tried just now to open the objectbuilder but nothing, if i try to open up something it crash 

Ok. If you're having problems I can sort out a reference model for you. I don't think it matters all that much what the model is. As it's simply a reference. As long as the rig you're using has the same location and orientation as the sample character, it should work fine.

• Like 1

Ok. If you're having problems I can sort out a reference model for you. I don't think it matters all that much what the model is. As it's simply a reference. As long as the rig you're using has the same location and orientation as the sample character, it should work fine.

That would be great mate! It will give me a lot of help, and want to take the chance now to thank you for the video you made about how to make static animations, without it i think that all the work i made would never have started, so thanks mate, really! :D 

If you're using Armarig, that simplifies it. :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jfftbo

The model is from the A2 weapon samples.

Import that P3d directly into the Blender scene, using the Arma toolbox addon. Parent it to the right hand bone.
Just don't alter the position of the mesh. Let the bones do the work.

If you're unsure about how to do that, there's a video on the Armarig thread, about changing the weapon mesh to something you prefer. Although it applies to the primary weapon, the process is the same.

Nice to see the videos were of some use. Your animations are looking great.

If you're using Armarig, you'll find the right hand bone on the last bone layer, in the armature panel. 

UYHsTyiw.jpg

• Like 1

If you're using Armarig, that simplifies it. :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jfftbo

Import that P3d directly into the Blender scene, using the Arma toolbox addon. Parent it to the right hand bone.

Just don't alter the position of the mesh. Let the bones do the work.

If you're unsure about how to do that, there's a video on the Armarig thread, about changing the weapon mesh to something you prefer. Although it applies to the primary weapon, the process is the same.

Nice to see the videos were of some use. Your animations are looking great.

Thanks a lot again mate, i will try if i'm able to make all things work, if not maybe i can PM you? and anyway thanks for the kind words bud! :)