I am more excited about this then Apex. Well at least the campaign. Which yeah....

• Like 1

Nice work killjoyau !

How do you plan the opfor side vehicles ? What types do you prefer ?

I saw the OT-65 (FUG is its original hungarian name) in your first post. Vilas made two versions for ArmA 2 anno, one unarmed and one with a PKM mounted on its top hatch. And there was a more advanced turret version made for the CSLA mod with rocket launcher too.

Nice work killjoyau !

How do you plan the opfor side vehicles ? What types do you prefer ?

I saw the OT-65 (FUG is its original hungarian name) in your first post. Vilas made two versions for ArmA 2 anno, one unarmed and one with a PKM mounted on its top hatch. And there was a more advanced turret version made for the CSLA mod with rocket launcher too.

So far the current Soviet line up consist of green vehicle with a Red Star. As for the Fug. It'll first be designed as a unarmed scout car. But perhaps mounting a MMG. We'll see :) 

• Like 4

killjoyau73 and slatss you guys working together on bringing back OFP campaign missions or...?(ofp remake i mean)

• Like 1

Good stuff! Can never have too much Cold War equipment. 

^ I think a certain Marine is having a bad day jumping into a time warp in that last picture! :D

Good stuff! Can never have too much Cold War equipment. 

^ I think a certain Marine is having a bad day jumping into a time warp in that last picture! :D

220px-Final_countdown_1980.jpg

• Like 1

If its a mod with OFP Content, are we goin to see interiors..?

Jk, its very nice to see something from OFP again or generally something from the Cold War Era.

I play OFP to this day, the Main Reason is the Nice Campaign and the Tank Interiors^^

Are we going to see T-80s?

Will it be included in the CUP or a seperate Addon or will it be CUP-Depending?

EDIT: Are we going to see the Soviet ATGM AT-4 Spigot? (it was included in OFP as the AT-Soldier) Would really like to.

If its a mod with OFP Content, are we goin to see interiors..?

Jk, its very nice to see something from OFP again or generally something from the Cold War Era.

I play OFP to this day, the Main Reason is the Nice Campaign and the Tank Interiors^^

Are we going to see T-80s?

Will it be included in the CUP or a seperate Addon or will it be CUP-Depending?

EDIT: Are we going to see the Soviet ATGM AT-4 Spigot? (it was included in OFP as the AT-Soldier) Would really like to.

T-80's. Short answer, yes. Long answer. It will require a dedicated modeler and time to create. So it wont be around for a while. 

CUP depending

Yes. It's still WIP so not much detail to show. 

http://prnt.sc/c9ywi7

• Like 4

Can be best be described as a Carl Gustav having a baby with a RPO Shmel in terms of looks lol

• Like 2

Are you eventually planning to remake the whole OFP campaign? :) I tried playing OFP, but I've got trouble handling the extremely clunky controls (really, who thought that "aiming deadzone" was a good idea?) and "one save per mission" limit isn't helping with that.

Are you eventually planning to remake the whole OFP campaign? :) I tried playing OFP, but I've got trouble handling the extremely clunky controls (really, who thought that "aiming deadzone" was a good idea?) and "one save per mission" limit isn't helping with that.

It's in the plans. KilljoyAU has made some great OFP remakes and has kindly sent me the files in order to make '85 versions, replacing the modern CUP units. Creating a whole campaign will take time, but it is of course in my plans :) 

• Like 3

If you have ArmA 2 then CWR2 is your best bet. As i'm used to OFP since 2005, I still play it once in a while. Some unique campaigns there that are not present in any other iteration.

Back in the day that was called "gaming" ;)

As Slatts said, I gave him  the missions I ported from OFP to Arma 3 (all 5 of them :P). Now I'm far from being a good mission maker and the ports aren't overly hard but they are time consuming. I think it took me a good week and a half  just to port/remake two fairly short missions and that was in-between work, study and social life etc etc. Keep that in mind when you see that there's something like 40+ missions in the original OFP campaign.

It's a time consuming task with many pain in the arse little obstacles in the way. Given there's been so many scripting language changes since OFP, not to mention the AI all handles very very differently now which can flat out just break certain missions, requiring some creative work arounds.

• Like 1

Back in the day that was called "gaming" ;)

As Slatts said, I gave him  the missions I ported from OFP to Arma 3 (all 5 of them :P). Now I'm far from being a good mission maker and the ports aren't overly hard but they are time consuming. I think it took me a good week and a half  just to port/remake two fairly short missions and that was in-between work, study and social life etc etc. Keep that in mind when you see that there's something like 40+ missions in the original OFP campaign.

It's a time consuming task with many pain in the arse little obstacles in the way. Given there's been so many scripting language changes since OFP, not to mention the AI all handles very very differently now which can flat out just break certain missions, requiring some creative work arounds.

Who said we can't collaborate on an OFP campaign remake? I'd love to help out, given I'll have some spare time available in Autumn (Sept-Nov).

Some foreseeable issues are AI's different behavior - engagements, advancements, recon, etc. Also, driving is a huge issue. 

For instance, OFP's mission - Strange Meeting - where you're a part of a convoy heading to Morton for immediate evac will be difficult because of A3 AI's incomplete smooth convoy driving. That's just one example, there's many of them :)

• Like 2

Who said we can't collaborate on an OFP campaign remake?

I love this community at times. 

That's something I was thinking about. Changing a few config parameters if I can to stop BMP's etc shooting down helicopters. Or removing the commanders MG from tanks 

• Like 1

How dare you!

Yeah, the game is very old, back then COD was still far out.

I still enjoy it, with my 2GB Mod-Folder :D

Its the best game i have played for the time, i played years ONLY Singleplayer without mods, then i started with mods and then MP.

I never played a game so much only SP and i doubt i will anytime.

Oh and you can be the hero of the soviet union!

• Like 2

I actually finished OFP recently (didn't touch Resistance yet). While the writing was indeed pretty good, the mission design... not always. Most of them were good and there certainly were a few great missions, but a few of them were bad, as well. Granted, this was exacerbated by clunky controls and clunkier AI, not to mention an occasional bug, but Guardian, for example, had some real design issues. The convoy getting bushwacked all the time in a friendly territory? Fine. The convoy stopping dead because of a single Russian with an AK (him consistently being able to shoot the driver out)? Frustrating. A friggin' tank coming in to demolish the whole convoy before you can even react? Oh, come on.

Another example, in Pathfinder your squad had a tendency (pretty consistent, I might add) of getting overwhelmed and killed through no fault of your own, leaving you to rambo your way through a village full of soldiers (because retreating is not an option...), some of which have annoyingly effective grenade launchers. At least in Montignac if AI bungled it you could still retreat and progress to another mission. I really liked the stealth missions and helicopter ones, though. Tank driving would've been more fun if the AI was smarter, but the missions were fun nonetheless.

I believe it would've been more enjoyable with ArmA3 AI and mechanics. The convoys are more or less fixed on the devbranch (though I have to test the latest changes yet) and the gameplay has gone a long way since OFP.

I believe it would've been more enjoyable with ArmA3 AI and mechanics. The convoys are more or less fixed on the devbranch (though I have to test the latest changes yet) and the gameplay has gone a long way since OFP.

The Captain Obvious comment of the day right there.

• Like 1