Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, slatts said:

 

Far from it. Right now we're mostly tidying up the assets we have. Which means we don't have anything exciting to show, unless you guys get off from seeing me make inventory icons :p With some guys busy IRL and taking holidays, the toys everyone wants to see are on hold, but we're still chipping away where we can 

even this is more than okay :D

glad to know this is still going and being worked on, was excited when conflict 85 thread made it to top of forum section (was thinking maybe beta testing announcement :D )

anyway, just wall of text on progress will be okay just for you to know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this mod really need more Cold War stuff can't wait for the UH-60As and AH-1Fs . Are you guys adding in an M2 bradley or just a M2A2 port? I would kill to see an old school Bradley. I haven't had the pleasure of driving one since OPFP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2018 at 6:25 PM, God_Emperor_Trump_1488 said:

Really looking forward to this mod really need more Cold War stuff can't wait for the UH-60As and AH-1Fs . Are you guys adding in an M2 bradley or just a M2A2 port? I would kill to see an old school Bradley. I haven't had the pleasure of driving one since OPFP. 

 

Thanks man, We'll have UH-60A's, the Cobra will take longer. As for the Bradley. We will be making an M2A1 Bradley at some stage. Though it may be a port for the time being. 

 

Just to wet the whiskers before I leave for a quick holiday. Here's some WIP progress on the fictional AT-4 

 

DE7875CE7E80C0B14C7941D294AB8415093ADFAD

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was recently contacted by Gromov, a former CWR2 dev. He made available sources he developed for our use. So far I have added his badly needed M60 MG 

5E333BCA11F6D99772567527F9A23CE8E4BA7BB0

 

Night 515 and RedPhoenix also helped us out. Giving us inprovments to the M9, and newly made RPG-75 respectively. Hugh props all these guys for their much appreciated contributions!

 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/967599421468575673/60A1ED069EB2D7A15CEC9706B70B79A06E3BFE4D/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/967599421468575855/71ABAE0DA6B84D8AD2F33E5E95230AFE3088638E/

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that caught my eye are uniform textures the most, quality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slow but steady ppl :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sossyboy said:

when do you think we'll be seeing a release? maybe a demo? :)

Asking for release dates is against the rules.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

What about T-64 tanks? In OFP this will be a MBT of Soviet Union but i never see any in Arma 3...

 

This question has come up a number of times before, the answer is always the same. Unless we receive a model of one, we won't be adding one. We still have to make/acquire a T-80 model  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUT WHUT ABOUT *Insert thing that I feel I'm entitled to have and has been GLARINGLY omissed and have no understanding of the idea that things have to be, y'know, made and sometimes that's not always possible*, SURELY U HAF 2 HAF DAT

 

Personally for me it'd be the AH-1F/G/S unless slatts found a way around that mixing existing AH-1Z and UH-1H parts. Everyone wants something, but sometimes, man

 

 

Enjoy the final product for what it will be, not what you necessarily want it to be. You can ask about things, but don't expect them to fall out of a tree. Tanks and helicopters especially tend not to hide up trees very well...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.09.2018 at 8:17 PM, General Yudenich said:

What about T-64 tanks? In OFP this will be a MBT of Soviet Union but i never see any in Arma 3...

To be honest, I never saw T-64 in vanilla OFP either*. But what do I know, I only play OFP every single day...

 

@slatts and everyone involved in this project - keep up the great work!

 

*There was a third-party T-64 addon by RHS, which never went further than beta (and it refused to work with updated RHS addons).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

 

@slatts and everyone involved in this project - keep up the great work!

 

We will! Among other things. I've recently ported the CJ5 to Arma and given it some A3 treatment. Still some kinks to buff out! 

 

C826D78B22AF1CE786F2196165991718B850A7E3

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just needs Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze and it would be perfect!

 

 

But really, I love looking at your work.  A better, more colourful era.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With rotary wing aircraft in the mod will it include advanced flight model? There is quite a lack of the AFM implementation in available mod helos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIA soldiers stand beside a V3S. Added in some variation to the uniform to create Irregular rebels who don' have a full uniform 

F6C31A831FC86BB758206ABB4CBE5EDDF1430A4C

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2018 at 2:31 PM, slatts said:

FIA soldiers stand beside a V3S. Added in some variation to the uniform to create Irregular rebels who don' have a full uniform 

 

This is amazing, thank you for your dedication. I wish I had the skills required to help with your project.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, slatts said:

FIA soldiers stand beside a V3S. Added in some variation to the uniform to create Irregular rebels who don' have a full uniform 

 

 

I've been away for a while with a dead graphics card but now that I have a new one on the way, I'm looking through some posts that I've missed and I really like the look of these rebels. They are a big improvement over the irregulars that we've often seen in the past in the Arma series with the over use of urban camouflage uniform pieces paired with woodland pattern pieces. There are many real world images of troops wearing mismatched uniforms that actually still provide a decent amount of concealment in combat so it's not unusual.  It just doesn't really make sense to wear a part of a camouflage uniform that actually makes you stand out more in the combat environment that you're operating in. Of course it happens but not to the degree that we've seen in the past with this series.

 

And while I'm aware that this mod is mostly meant to reproduce what was seen in OFP, it would be interesting to see some civilian trucks such as the V3S (which was originally a Czech military vehicle) converted to armored and armed gun trucks to give the rebels a bit more fire power. I know that we've seen civilian pickups or "technicals" with weapons mounted on them but I don't recall seeing any larger vehicles given a similar treatment. Even conventional armies often used modified vehicles to improve their survivability, such as the use of gun trucks by the US military as convoy escorts in Vietnam. That's not really a request but just more of a thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scimitar said:

 

I've been away for a while with a dead graphics card but now that I have a new one on the way, I'm looking through some posts that I've missed and I really like the look of these rebels. They are a big improvement over the irregulars that we've often seen in the past in the Arma series with the over use of urban camouflage uniform pieces paired with woodland pattern pieces. There are many real world images of troops wearing mismatched uniforms that actually still provide a decent amount of concealment in combat so it's not unusual.  It just doesn't really make sense to wear a part of a camouflage uniform that actually makes you stand out more in the combat environment that you're operating in. Of course it happens but not to the degree that we've seen in the past with this series.

 

And while I'm aware that this mod is mostly meant to reproduce what was seen in OFP, it would be interesting to see some civilian trucks such as the V3S (which was originally a Czech military vehicle) converted to armored and armed gun trucks to give the rebels a bit more fire power. I know that we've seen civilian pickups or "technicals" with weapons mounted on them but I don't recall seeing any larger vehicles given a similar treatment. Even conventional armies often used modified vehicles to improve their survivability, such as the use of gun trucks by the US military as convoy escorts in Vietnam. That's not really a request but just more of a thought.

do you have any picture of such a monstrosity?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe he is referring to the likes of this 

2015134_guntruck001_jpeged288c576cc76747

FederalandTsSNVityaz08-L.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slatts said:

I believe he is referring to the likes of this 

 

 

The first one in particular is a good example though it doesn't appear to have much in the way of armor and I suppose the second image qualifies too but it looks a bit too professional. These trucks come in many different types with armor ranging from cut steel plate to sandbags or other materials held in place through various different means. They are also armed with many different types of armament, from MG's and grenade launchers, to AT launchers and guns and even AA guns or even turrets on them. A Google image search for "improvised armored vehicle" or "gun truck" or a search including those terms along with terms such as "Vietnam", "Militia" or "irregular" will turn up images of a variety of vehicles. Like I said, it was just a thought.

 

There are a number of Wikipedia articles on the subject:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_truck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_fighting_vehicle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_vehicle_armour

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×