I still can't wrap my head around how uniforms are made lol.

So guys I'm waiting for your mod decided to return to good old ARMA 2 and found a mod very similar to yours http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27681. There I found a huge number of interesting vehicles and other content in the Cold War setting. It would be great if you contacted the authors of this mod and added at least some content from there to your project. 

With best regards and waiting for your gorgeous mod!

Good luck!

We would too, I have tried sourcing as many Cold War models as possible that's relevant to our mod, however a lot of the authors of these mods/models are no longer around on the forums 

• Sad 3

Yeah Vilas came back for a short time I believe, but I don't think he lingers here anymore, on a side note slatts do you remember that m17 model I offered that I bought awhile back, I got a friend to finish it, he did the baking and added textures, we have it for FO4 .

If you had any interest in it for extras, I could ask him if you like since it's a 3rd party model and not a FO4 model.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

Yeah Vilas came back for a short time I believe, but I don't think he lingers here anymore

Last time i spoke to him, he was busy working on VBS Projects for the Polish Army. Also his current stance is that he wouldn't allow his addons be used in CUP, due to the licensing.

• Like 1

On 2017. 10. 28. at 9:58 AM, scimitar said:

Some of the Cold War vehicles that have been mentioned (and some that haven't, such as the BRDM-2 ATGM variant) that probably won't be included as part of the mod when it's initially released, are already available in CUP, which will be a dependency of the mod. I don't know if some of them will need new skins to match what will come with C '85 but they will already be available for those that might want to build mission or campaigns. I'm not aware of a complete vehicles/units/features list for C '85 but if we can go by what was available in OFP, then the lists are readily available.

There is complete list of OFP vehicles at this link:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint:_List_of_vehicles

While not everything in CUP is suitable for Cold War scenarios, a lot of it is. A list of vehicles can be found at this link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29716

Well. 

The basic "BRDM" model in OFP was actually a hungarian D-442 aka the FUG.

D-442 FUG on Wikipedia

what the fug bohemia you lied to us

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

what the fug bohemia you lied to us

Opa! 

364BF5B45AD05B118B4C16331B240F05077B1B67

• Like 11

So guys I'm waiting for your mod decided to return to good old ARMA 2 and found a mod very similar to yours http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27681. There I found a huge number of interesting vehicles and other content in the Cold War setting. It would be great if you contacted the authors of this mod and added at least some content from there to your project. 
With best regards and waiting for your gorgeous mod!
Good luck!
Ahh yeah i remember project 85 it was really good. It even had german and french troops from that time period .

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This mod is what Arma 3 NEEDS right now. I have long since yearned for the days of OFP and Cold War Rearmed 2. If the developers so desire, then the factions should be made to be compatible for ALiVE.  :smileee:

• Like 2

it's been a little while since we teased you. So here we are. 

Kramer and I have been working on creating an XM177E2. Here you can see our progress so far along side the US Crewman and M1IP

F7B93ABA4261ACDD47F1F58FF7AE9C9DD6408178

• Like 24

Hands down one of the more atmospheric upcoming mods!

The handguard needs to loose some with tho (currently looks more like an M4 thick one):

Spoiler

Carbines%20R%20M4%20w-bayo.jpg

• Like 2

Will the XM177E2 Also had the x4 scope that was in OFP ? , I used to mow down entire platoons with that thing. 

12 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

Will the XM177E2 Also had the x4 scope that was in OFP ? , I used to mow down entire platoons with that thing. 

Yes!....kind of :P I have modelled the scope but was planning on making similar to traditional red dot sights. There is an AN/PVS-4 if you need magnified sights :P

816523128A280740CFCB1196561A729B9A792178

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, slatts said:

Yes!....kind of :P I have modelled the scope but was planning on making similar to traditional red dot sights. There is an AN/PVS-4 if you need magnified sights :P

It seems too short.

This is the real Colt 4x20 

5655933_02_colt_carry_handle_scope_3x20_

The real XM177E2 doesnt have brass deflector too.

It was introduced in 1985 with A2 uppers but XM177 are with A1 uppers.

• Like 4

Thanks for mentioning me in the author tab. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Thanks for mentioning me in the author tab. :)

Of course :) We're so grateful about you donating the M16 model

23 hours ago, beppe_goodoldrebel said:

It seems too short.

This is the real Colt 4x20 

The real XM177E2 doesnt have brass deflector too.

It was introduced in 1985 with A2 uppers but XM177 are with A1 uppers.

Thanks for the heads up:)

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:01 AM, slatts said:

Didn't bepe open up the assets from Black Ops Weapons? There are some assets in there that would fit the 1980s timeframe, and not just red dots...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6slvn8154q6fufm/20160731 Black ops weapons backup.rar?dl=0

They would need a bit of polish, but I think they would suit your purposes well.

As far as the mod in general goes, great work and keep it up!

• Like 2

We will see M60 Patton in this mod? Anyway we have M60A3 from CUP Vehicles, but I'd like an earlier modification of this tank...

1 hour ago, General Yudenich said:

We will see M60 Patton in this mod? Anyway we have M60A3 from CUP Vehicles, but I'd like an earlier modification of this tank...

it will be: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/190042-arma-3-conflict-85-a-cup-expansion/?do=findComment&comment=3235097

If only there was a way to tabulate and categorize historic information in the forum...

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Hvymtal said:

Didn't bepe open up the assets from Black Ops Weapons? There are some assets in there that would fit the 1980s timeframe, and not just red dots...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6slvn8154q6fufm/20160731 Black ops weapons backup.rar?dl=0

They would need a bit of polish, but I think they would suit your purposes well.

As far as the mod in general goes, great work and keep it up!

Many things I've done are inspired to the late 80's / early 90's ( Panama and Mog  the most) but some weapons/accessories could fit well in here. 

MP5A1 / SD ( adapted from MP5 ARMA 2 model ) 
M60E3  ( adapted from  M60 ARMA 2 model ) 

REM. M870 ( need a better unwrap and texture I think )
PVS5 NVG ( for pilots and SpecOps )

BTW it's all there , just take what you need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't let it die boys, it's looking great so far.

1 hour ago, Ponzu. said:

Don't let it die boys, it's looking great so far.

Far from it. Right now we're mostly tidying up the assets we have. Which means we don't have anything exciting to show, unless you guys get off from seeing me make inventory icons :p With some guys busy IRL and taking holidays, the toys everyone wants to see are on hold, but we're still chipping away where we can 

• Like 14