I like the amount of rust and dirt on those V3s and M1 - makes them look like the've seen some actual field use!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bars91 said:

I like the amount of rust and dirt on those V3s and M1 - makes them look like the've seen some actual field use!

That's my aim for vehicles. I take my inspiration from BIS A2 units like Humvee which was mostly covered in dust and dirt.

Yeah - one has to just see some of the photos from tactical field maneuvers of both sides in europe during CW )))

14 hours ago, teddymosart1 said:

Could we get a version of this Jeep as a MP-version?  For roadblock duty.With  a Red/Blue Beacon Light on it so we could see it clearly from the air.Will make this mod uniqe.

Any plans on making a Bell Jet Ranger helo for this?  They where common back then. Great mod ,would like to see a nice F-4 too.:yawn:

Please remember to remove pictures when quoting as per the forum rules.

Also you may not see a Bell Jet Ranger or a F-4 as this mod is about recreating Operation Flashpoint which had neither.

(trollface) well technically OH-58 Kiowa is a militarised Jet Ranger... :f:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bars91 said:

(trollface) well technically OH-58 Kiowa is a militarised Jet Ranger... :f:

Well i didn't know that :shock:

Hi guys, this is great, congratulations on getting this project going, I'm very interested.

If you like/need I can provide some advice on cold war uniforms...

1. The Soviet Sun Ray KLMK pattern for most of the 1980s should be a one piece coverall:

http://camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/ussr/sun-ray-pattern-klmk

The 2 piece KM-L came only in the late 1980s (1989-90s) - see same link. Both came with the face mask, and were reversible to a "night" pattern similar but smaller scale to US Night camo.

Regarding the squad leader:

KLMK caps never existed (unless an occasional custom made one...) but the standard khaki cap would match perfectly for this situation:

http://camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/ussr/khaki/afghanka/1227-2015-09-28-18-07-06

The black beret on officers isn't really correct (unless they are MVD or Naval Infantry), perhaps could be changed to the Airborne blue beret that was worn in the 1980s?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=soviet+berets&safe=off&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjydqHm4rSAhWDEpQKHXr4CcsQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=943#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=soviet+airborne+beret

Regarding the US Woodland - I have to agree with other posters - the pattern look a bit too bright and too small shapes. Also it should not be Ripstop material, rather NYCO as ripstop was really only for tropical areas:

NYCO version: http://camouniforms.net/index.php/north-america/usa/m81-woodland/nylon-cotton

Ripstop: http://camouniforms.net/index.php/north-america/usa/m81-woodland

Happy to help with advice on uniforms/camo if you guys need.

Looking forward to the finished product!

• Like 1

Regarding the Soviet helmets here is a good resource for the ssh60 (as used in the original OFP): http://brendonshelmets.weebly.com/soviet-ssh60.html and http://brendonshelmets.weebly.com/soviet-ssh60-cont.html

This would be better to include (either plain green or with KLMK cover) rather than the ssh68 "Cone Head": http://brendonshelmets.weebly.com/russia-ssh68.html

On 21/12/2016 at 9:33 PM, slatts said:

KLMK was the camo used in OFP and this mod is a recreation of that. So by default Soviet infantry will use KLMK. But that doesn't mean we couldn't potentially do a retexture into olive or butan camo as a side addon. But for now, it's KLMK

I agree keeping KLMK for the russians is the best option to keep it in the spirit of OFP. Besides it wasn't only worn by SF: scouts, engineers regular soldiers, etc wore it too if available... (especially for propaganda photos)...

It would be great as a side project to have some models with eg TTsKO ( http://camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/ussr/ttsko ), khaki, KZS or even Spetsodezhda Border troops if recources permit ( http://camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/ussr )

1. Agree with Marto - KLMK should be as overall.

2. The idea of following the OFP lore is great! Don't even think about adding real soviet uniform!:evil: If somebody forgot the story, there was a bunch of renegades with their leader Guba  - so maybe it should explain why their uniform looks differ since they quit to be a part of soviet army...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I started working on M939 series 5t trucks. They will use Arma 1 models for now but with new textures. Arma 1 M939 models will get some love with new wheels and other little details. We can export the wheels and details to brand new M939 model whenever that gets done.

M939 series early wip:

m9391_zpsjyufb4dd.jpg

• Like 9

In OFP this truck was in camouflage... 

a1920882355c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayko said:

In OFP this truck was in camouflage... 

Some things will be the same. Some things will change. It's just how it is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, slatts said:

Some things will be the same. Some things will change. It's just how it is.

Ha! Then i will make a retexture by myself and you won't stop me!:tounge2: (I've played ofp since 2002 so for me it's very important!)

17 minutes ago, Rayko said:

Ha! Then i will make a retexture by myself and you won't stop me!:tounge2: (I've played ofp since 2002 so for me it's very important!)

Perhaps offer to help with the project if accuracy to how OFP was, is important to you.

The 5t truck had indeed camo paint in OFP. Camo itself won't be a problem but if we make one it's probably MERDC camo. But since there were many variants of this truck in OFP, there might aswell be different styles. We'll see.

5t_closed4_zpsviji6njn.jpg

• Like 5

Well your mod, your choice. But if i were you - i'd make a precise textures from OFP. Since you decided to use KLMK camo on soviet soldiers instead real ones i thought you will make an HD remake of original game, but now your start to make a free interpritation. (The MERDC camo is a very strange choice as for me, in that case better to keep it olive) But your textures are GOOD anyway! Also waiting for hd model.

54 minutes ago, Rayko said:

Well your mod, your choice. But if i were you - i'd make a precise textures from OFP. Since you decided to use KLMK camo on soviet soldiers instead real ones i thought you will make an HD remake of original game, but now your start to make a free interpritation. (The MERDC camo is a very strange choice as for me, in that case better to keep it olive) But your textures are GOOD anyway! Also waiting for hd model.

The reason we do things different in places is because we want our mod to stand out a bit from other OFP remakes, Like East V West or CWR. If we all stuck 100% to the original, it'd get boring from a modders POV. A bit of change here and there can spice things up

• Like 4

3306600.jpg

4 hours ago, Rayko said:

• Like 3

Also I'm looking fwd to the communist style bicycle......... with a bell......:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

New set of wheels for M939 series by Mr.Skellington:

5t_closed7_zpszydxfckc.jpg

Wheel textures are still WIP

• Like 7

On 15.02.2017 at 2:05 AM, hcpookie said:

Yeah, the sentence looks weird! BUT! It happens sometimes when you having a huge butthurt but still don't want to injure somebody with your comment! So in first part you telling that everything is awful but in the second part you adding some praise.

1 hour ago, norsu said:

New set of wheels for M939 series by Mr.Skellington:

Wheel textures are still WIP

The tire thread is wrong!!! And looks very simple!!! But you are nice guys!:hm:

Just now, Rayko said:

The tire thread is wrong!!! And looks very simple!!! But you are nice guys!:hm:

Tire thread is based on Goodyear AT-2A.

Another option would have been Michelin XZL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, norsu said:

Tire thread is based on Goodyear AT-2A.

Another option would have been Michelin XZL.

I know that m939 using a goodyear AT-2A, but yours looks differ.

Spoiler

14-r20.jpg

1 hour ago, Rayko said:

I know that m939 using a goodyear AT-2A, but yours looks differ.

Does it have to perfect? This mod is about making it similar to OFP, which was not historically accurate. 

• Like 1