Perhaps go with FFV for front passenger only and have the version without roof with all passengers FFV?

And a M2 version for the one without a roof ;)

Just do like I did w/ the Unsung jeeps that were Vilas' donations.  Animate the roof on/off and make it crew-switchable.  Ditto for the windshield.  FFV in the two back seats and there you go.  No need to over-complicate it w/ different versions, just make the pieces animated. This incidentally is what BIS does now since Apex.... check the Tanoa jeep for reference.

I also animated the spare tire w/ a repair script and the fuel can w/ a refuel script. 

• Like 7

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quite a bit to think about there.

Just do like I did ....

That's easy for you to say Pook, you're a magician.

I'll have to step up my game to be anywhere near your work!

I do like the idea of one vehicle with different variations available thro' the Eden attributes thing

but apart from texture variations I haven't worked out how to switch proxies yet.

In the end it's down to what Our Glorious Leader Slatts is happy with :)

• Like 1

Not magic.  Not proxies.  Just a named selection.  "hide" animation like other "hide" anims.  Name it "tarp" or "softtop" etc.  Give a user action to "remove top" and an action to "add top".  action will be "this animate ["top",0];" or "this animate ["top",1]".  Etc.  If you look in my AFV config you'll see all the action stuff that can be copy/pasted and recycled for your own use.  The repair script is a bit of a cheat - it has to fix the entire vehicle so AI will know to get back into the vehicle.  If you don't do this, the AI will never "see" the vehicle as repaired even though it is at least able to drive.  The only way I have found to make the AI "see" it repaired is to use my script solution's "setdamage" to a low enough amount that they will do what they are supposed to do.  Another stupid AI workaround :)

Now that I said that, you COULD make a really detailed tire, with the tread parts on the model, and proxy those.  Then you've got really nice looking tires and a spare all from one 3D model that is a proxy.  Just make the proxy itself the wheel_1_1 etc. to follow the typical conventions for naming and animations.

The fuel can could be proxied if you want to use the BIS one, but it may be too "new" in design for use.  Or just use the A2 model in the sample models.

The animationsources section for the BIS jeep has it all.  The "parts" are what make you able to add/remove the bits in the virtual garage.  You can track it down in the all-in-one config from Pennyworth and use it as a starting point.  Just need to connect all the dots and you're all set.  The new "parts" on the BIS jeep can be randomly switched with the built-in stuff now, but that new randomizer thing may or may not sync in MP. 

While it really wouldn't matter for you unless you have the burning desire to make a dozen different paint jobs for the jeep, the TextureSources section is what makes the different colors selectable within the virtual garage.  Again, no idea if that will sync in MP.

Slatts has access to MLOD's for all my toys so if you get down to the wire I'm sure you can examine the MLOD's of one of my vehicles w/ the spare tire or similar and work from there...

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the mini tutorial, Pookie. I'm sure it will prove very useful!

All I gotta do now is 'join all dem dots' .... 

• Like 1

So a small little update. Nothing major has entered the fray just yet. Though I've added a new Squad Leader for the Soviet side. As well as ported the original OFP soundtrack for use in Eden/Zeus. Warrants a screenshot surely? 

ACC8CF4014B29C351C891C7C00D68D34C5F96BEA

• Like 12

So today I've got some great news. Mr. Skellington has joined our merry little team and is currently putting together fantastic things. Right now he is making some fantastic recreations of the OFP civs. With the aim of getting the original look back, but with some new twists. A big round of applause for Mr.Skellington :) 

6D715AE300CB680090233467A414F23198979A47

• Like 14

So a small little update. Nothing major has entered the fray just yet. Though I've added a new Squad Leader for the Soviet side. As well as ported the original OFP soundtrack for use in Eden/Zeus. Warrants a screenshot surely? 

ACC8CF4014B29C351C891C7C00D68D34C5F96BEA

Having served in the US Army from 84-87 (including 18 months in Germany), I'm very much looking forward to this and hoping that someone will make some SP campaigns for it. Everything in this screen looks really good but IMO the US woodland pattern is much too bright and vibrant. Even brand new the colors weren't quite so eye popping and after a few months of use they faded considerably. The KLMK looks very good though and has the look of having been "lived in". However for European scenarios, I would think that it would be more plausible if he was using a Soviet manufactured 3 cell chest rig with the over and under grenade pouches and leather pull tabs rather than the 3 cell Chicom chest rig with side by side grenade pouches and wooden toggles. That is correct for Afghanistan but probably wouldn't be correct for widespread issue in Europe in the '85 timeframe.

***edit***

I forgot to mention that the work on the OFP civs looks fantastic. By any chance will there be females as well?

• Like 5

The US Soldiers are currently getting custom models, i will make sure that the uniforms look more worn out and less vibrant. After that i will take a closer look at the russian uniforms and equipment

Female Civs are not on the plan yet because we'd need some more ressources than we have now, especially new heads and since i never worked with skin before they will be put back for later so i can experiment and learn.

• Like 3

Having served in the US Army from 84-87 (including 18 months in Germany), I'm very much looking forward to this and hoping that someone will make some SP campaigns for it. Everything in this screen looks really good but IMO the US woodland pattern is much too bright and vibrant. Even brand new the colors weren't quite so eye popping and after a few months of use they faded considerably. The KLMK looks very good though and has the look of having been "lived in". However for European scenarios, I would think that it would be more plausible if he was using a Soviet manufactured 3 cell chest rig with the over and under grenade pouches and leather pull tabs rather than the 3 cell Chicom chest rig with side by side grenade pouches and wooden toggles. That is correct for Afghanistan but probably wouldn't be correct for widespread issue in Europe in the '85 timeframe.

***edit***

I forgot to mention that the work on the OFP civs looks fantastic. By any chance will there be females as well?

Thanks very much for the feedback. Always welcome :)

There are quite a few design choices going on here that I should point out. For the Russians, the camo and webbing used is based on the original look from Op. Flashpoint. Same can be said for the US. With the exception of woodland. I felt so many mods either based in this time frame or woodland reskins all looked similar. And (Ironically for camouflage) I want C'85 to stand out a bit and used a swatch of the Arma 3 woodland from a hidden texture in the game files. 

As for women, it's pretty much as Mr. Skellington said, but it's something to think about. But not any time soon.

• Like 3

"Russians. I swear their mothers put vodka in their bottle instead of milk" 

20161124214918_1.jpg

• Like 17

That guy looks like he's trying to sell watches to those soldiers lol

• Like 2

That guy looks like he's trying to sell watches to those soldiers lol

Vodka powered watches?  :drinking2:  :drinking:

• Like 4

A bit more work done on Mutty McMuttface ... worth a screen shot, shirley?

muttnew.jpg

• Like 20

strap some dirt on it, make seats lil bit wrapped and thats that :)

Fine progress good job.Im following this since day 0

In the image a few posts above, with the civilian talking to the three Soviet soldiers, I'm curious about the helmet covers. They look like they have some sort of "snowflake" pattern, with small white or light gray splotches on an OD base. It looks like they are wearing SSh-60 helmets (SSh-68 perhaps?) but I can't find images of any cover with that type of pattern. Other than that, everything looks great. If they are just WIP or placeholder textures, then I can certainly understand that. Also, the MUTT looks great. Hopefully it will come in a few different camouflage patterns. :)

Thanks for the response, Mr. Skellington. I figured that they might be placeholders, as you said previously that you were going to take a closer look at the Soviet uniforms and gear later. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm dissecting all of the recent gear and uniform images. Modern Soviet/Russian gear and the timeframe for this mod just happen to be subjects that interest me. I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to suggest that with future images, that you guys mention those things that are placeholders or not finished. I only say that because I'm beginning to believe that it might be a bit early to be critiquing certain things and I honestly just want to be helpful with my comments.

• Like 3

Thanks for the response, Mr. Skellington. I figured that they might be placeholders, as you said previously that you were going to take a closer look at the Soviet uniforms and gear later. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm dissecting all of the recent gear and uniform images. Modern Soviet/Russian gear and the timeframe for this mod just happen to be subjects that interest me. I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to suggest that with future images, that you guys mention those things that are placeholders or not finished. I only say that because I'm beginning to believe that it might be a bit early to be critiquing certain things and I honestly just want to be helpful with my comments.

There are some things that previously weren't necessarily viewed as place holders. But now can be considered being replace or updated. Case in point the helmet. It was the best looking, and closet model I had in hand to give to the Russians. But now with the progression of the mod, and you're great feedback can be replaced in time. 

• Like 4

Still hoping this would be my Christmas present...especially having the Characters from OFP in game and updated.

On 12/17/2016 at 11:05 AM, graemeshute said:

Still hoping this would be my Christmas present...especially having the Characters from OFP in game and updated.

It won't. Be the reason why is splendid

• Like 1

Have a nice day, comrade! I want to ask you a favor: get rid of that soviet camo. It was used ONLY by Spec-Ops teams from 1982. There is a lot of ways to represent soviet army in Arma 3. For example, try to use "Butan" camo (It was used in WiC). Soviet army began to use it in 1985 in Soviet Marine Corps and VDV troops. A lot of soldiers in that period weared standard olive uniform (Some examples below). Try to make soviet troops more realistic, I can't help laughing when I see another "Red Dawn" scene, based on OFP\Arma engine.

Moreover, KLMK was used by Border-Defence troops, so it's a nonsense to make it a standard camo for motorized infantry

ris65.jpg300px-Soviet_soldier_DN-SC-92-04942.jpgbutan__6.jpg12aef826c92f.jpg

• Like 2

KLMK was the camo used in OFP and this mod is a recreation of that. So by default Soviet infantry will use KLMK. But that doesn't mean we couldn't potentially do a retexture into olive or butan camo as a side addon. But for now, it's KLMK

• Like 3

OFP has a lot of things, that are a little bit odd (Berets for soviet officers for example). I tried to represent Soviet Army of that period, but I hadn't enough resources for that. Vilas had mod (Project '85) that was pretty historical. Soviet soldiers there had standard uniform. I can make codes for mods and textures, but have no experience with models

Edited by Comrade Ivanov