Finally made some headway on the US infantry front. I decided to take the jacket from one of the NAPA soldiers to give a bit of bulk to the model, though it isn't perfect. I also used Arma 3 woodland. I quite liked the colour scheme and it feels at home on the Malden islands. Also using the ALICE belt texture from the AAF officer, hopefully I can do a bit of trickery and use it for the actual ALICE suspenders. Though weighting it is a bitch 

604D65BA47A02029AE2BC92A723AA475BCDF4D9C

• Like 7

I'll admit i liked your previous Woodland BDU better. The A3 Woodland just looks too heavy in the colors... Unless that's just your video settings.

Su2VtHd.png%C2%A0

• Like 3

Finally made some headway on the US infantry front. I decided to take the jacket from one of the NAPA soldiers to give a bit of bulk to the model, though it isn't perfect. I also used Arma 3 woodland. I quite liked the colour scheme and it feels at home on the Malden islands. Also using the ALICE belt texture from the AAF officer, hopefully I can do a bit of trickery and use it for the actual ALICE suspenders. Though weighting it is a bitch 

Yeah I think the colours aren't de-saturated enough, the camouflage pattern is also a tad small as well.

US_C141_Grenada.JPG

I think the above discussion regards M80 Woodland is very interesting. Viewing the new sample versus the older one. The new one seems very clean. Colours very vibrant almost straight from the factory. Perhaps this is a very subjective frame of reference discussing light versus darker Woodland. But I do agree its too clean and new? However we get Slats you doing this likely alone so no disrespect or hate.

Personally I like the "new from the quartermaster" look of the camo in the pic.  It kind of goes w/ the flow.  NOW - in REAL LIFE, that amount of color/fade in the cloth is VERY subjective.  Like any fabric pattern, the camo will fade over time as it gets washed more.  To the point that it is noticeable.  Soldiers have to get new uniforms from time to time for this very point :)

IMO that picture is arguably too washed out to make a valid comparison.

Now, I am not aware of a way to "fade" the colors on a random basis.  That would include a new texture or RVMAT would it not? ... meaning a new camo selection.  That being said, one could take the camo colors, and using GIMP etc. fade the colors (via saturation and lightness values), save them as "camo1, camo2" etc. FINALLY, in the unit INIT, set a random camo selection so that some would have "new" camo, some would have "faded" camo, etc. and if you get creative you could have perhaps a dozen "fade patterns" the random script would choose from.

I make random scripts for some of my stuff.  Not too hard, really.  Just a bit tedious, and of course the bloat induced by extra textures.

• Like 2

I was thinking last night of doing both. Have them in different man classes. Anyhow, I only picked the A3 style woodland for a bit of uniqueness. Just to make my units stand out from previous OFP style units. 

• Like 1

I like pookies idea. And to clarify, was just a personal observation, you're doing some pretty outstanding work with it all on your own mate. Looking forward to some more screens.

Wanted to get your opinion on the look of the US Black Op units. Which you you think is a better choice of headgear for the Day and Night troops? 

734c207a6f174db597f3725008477bf1.png

IMO, the ski mask look would be "appropriate for the era"

those guys in black would make some cool 80's IRA opfor roles as well....

• Like 2

In OFP the Black Ops units had the green and black Balaclavas. 

Does this mod contain Guba and Angelina?

Wanted to get your opinion on the look of the US Black Op units. Which you you think is a better choice of headgear for the Day and Night troops? 

http://image.prntscr.com/image/734c207a6f174db597f3725008477bf1.png

in my humble opinion Balaclavas for night and bandanas for the day? But original had both Balaclavas for both day and night

Boonie hats and camo face paint! 

But of the two options... Personally I'd like the beanie without the bandanna or helmet for day ops and the beanie/bandanna for night ops. But keeping with the OFP spirit, stick with the balaclavas for both.

• Like 1

Balaclava of course but the USGI model was a little different

Good info :) 

So I managed to port the balaclava used in Arma 2 by the MVD units. It fits the bill nicely with some small work required to the shape. I've also begun adding a ripstop detail to the US uniforms to break up the flatness of the camo pattern.  

B0C66E97C9CF55B0A2185A5F96DC9E7157B8B40A

Trivia: I didn't notice till I took the photo. But James' face was randomly selected to Lukins. 

Some progress has been made on the weapons front. Including the fictional AT4, nicknamed "Shershen" (Hornet) a new M72 LAW model and M19 anti tank mine

• Like 7

Like that REAL 3D 4 K screen they had in the 1980s

Nice work on the rip stop

• Like 1

Got bored, decided to do a quickish remake of "Airborne" from the OFP campaign. Linked to Steam Workshop, Enjoy. :D

C5AFDF73A4493A90AF945CDCAC4E92A582571AA5

• Like 8