Hi slatts,

really enjoying your work!

Are you planning to include Soviet infantry with non-rolled sleeves? I would imagine it would get pretty cold training on the island of Kolgujev with the arms mostly exposed.. ;)

EDIT: typo

Edited by gotcha

Damn, this is beyond awesome! Looking forward to all the new content you've got in store, Slatts! 

Too bad '85 is one of those forgotten timelines in A3's modding scene currently. A revival of Soviet era glory would be fantastic.

This looks great, i think i may have to create some 80s Style Nogovan Light Infantry :)

Are you planning to include Soviet infantry with non-rolled sleeves? I would imagine it would get pretty cold training on the island of Kolgujev with the arms mostly exposed.. ;)

Yup! 

FE8A5043DF86AC5C3A03257A29034989A950586C

• Like 3

Continuing on from full sleeved Russian uniforms. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/501399955313176342/7473A35EF74A806F6AA7D571951A5BE012B78D82/

I begun working on the US Army soldiers. They'll take some more time seen as they'll require new models for uniforms and vests. Hopefully I'll have something to show soon. 

• Like 7

Love your work mate, look forward to this whenever you get around to releasing it. If you need any testing done feel free to ask.

Sudden's East vs West mod was fantastic, just a shame he hasn't worked on it for a long time. So it's good to see somebody else who's bringing the Cold War goodness back to A3.

• Like 1

Love your work mate, look forward to this whenever you get around to releasing it. If you need any testing done feel free to ask.

Sudden's East vs West mod was fantastic, just a shame he hasn't worked on it for a long time. So it's good to see somebody else who's bringing the Cold War goodness back to A3.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Just to keep things ticking over. Here's a photo of the US rifleman concept. http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/Su2VtHd.png 

A lot of work to be done. Still learning a bit of UV unwrapping in 3DS Max and weighting for the vests. Hopefully I can show off some better pictures soon! 

In other news I'm poring the V3s and 5-Ton truck so expect to see them here too :) 

• Like 2

U.S BDU looks great mate, keep it up. I miss driving the M35 Deuce.

Have you looked into the old Project 85' mod for A2? That had a ridiculous amount of content. Don't know how willing they'd be to share content for porting...

Nice :-)

What about everon, malden, kolgujev, desert island and nogova? Hopefully to be included into cup_terrains?

U.S BDU looks great mate, keep it up. I miss driving the M35 Deuce.

Have you looked into the old Project 85' mod for A2? That had a ridiculous amount of content. Don't know how willing they'd be to share content for porting...

Thanks mate :) 

I don't know either. It depends on a few things better off sorted between PM's :) 

• Like 1

This is all really exciting! I personally hope you also include some Soviet MSV-style uniforms, although those are hard to find pictures of. Osprey's "Inside the Soviet Army Today" has some pretty accurate pictures, here's one of the standard summer loadouts: http://livinghistory.ru/uploads/monthly_08_2010/post-5366-1282584695,5663.jpg

Part of me wants to encourage you to use RHS assets as well as CUP (Soviet mag pouches/uniform meshes, etc), but I also know that they're really high poly and that would probably slow down development a lot.

Good luck to you!

P.S.: Definitely look into the Project '85 mod, they have stated (a while back) that they plan to rewrite the mod for Arma 3, so they might be open to you using their content.

www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27681

This is all really exciting! I personally hope you also include some Soviet MSV-style uniforms, although those are hard to find pictures of. Osprey's "Inside the Soviet Army Today" has some pretty accurate pictures, here's one of the standard summer loadouts: http://livinghistory.ru/uploads/monthly_08_2010/post-5366-1282584695,5663.jpg

Actually, that's fairly inaccurate in so many levels. 

To address the uniforms and potential inaccuracies. i will be trying to recreate the OFP look. For the Russians that means KLMK uniforms with the load bearing they have now. As for US they will carry ALICE webbing and PASGT helmets with M16A2's rather then an accurate A1 model. There's no way I'll deny that flak jackets and other equipment may appear. However for now I have my design choices and will stick with them for the time being :)

Thanks for all the feedback though :)

Also, more hands make lighter work. If anyone would like to help out. Feel free to drop me a PM 

• Like 1

To address the uniforms and potential inaccuracies. i will be trying to recreate the OFP look. For the Russians that means KLMK uniforms with the load bearing they have now. As for US they will carry ALICE webbing and PASGT helmets with M16A2's rather then an accurate A1 model. There's no way I'll deny that flak jackets and other equipment may appear. However for now I have my design choices and will stick with them for the time being :)

Also, more hands make lighter work. If anyone would like to help out. Feel free to drop me a PM 

M16A2 was introduced in 1985 , maybe not all in the exact year but I think it's accurate.

As I said I can give you PVS5 model ( you can see it in Black Ops Weapons mod ) , just let me know.

As long as it gets killjoy cranking out more Cold War scenarios, I'm happy. :D

• Like 1

Maybe some with Mr Guba or Mr Troska ;)

Maybe some with Mr Guba or Mr Troska ;)

Or, as some may know, pigs can fly, don't they?  ^_^

I agree whole heatedly, the style of OFP was relatively simple (not back in 2001, but today's standards) yet it worked tremendously well.

Keeping it simple is the best option, rather than complicating matters with having 6 different variations of a BMP or T-80, or too many different uniform styles.

OFP definitely had a certain feel too it, a crappy eastern bloc coldness to the whole thing. Especially fond memories of running around Kolgujev and hearing the rattling and sqeaking of the tracks of an approaching BMP or T-72 from 500m away, and thinking "Oh shit, i'm caught out in the open". Something that Arma 3 hasn't been able to replicate.

Anyway, only asked about the M1 and the PASGT helmet because i found this in the arsenal... BDkczxl.jpg

• Like 1

I'm keen as to get back in and make a few more, time just isn't your friend the older you get I've found. Stupid responsibilities and what not.

• Like 1

I'm keen as to get back in and make a few more, time just isn't your friend the older you get I've found. Stupid responsibilities and what not.

I feel your pain, mate. :)

I agree whole heatedly, the style of OFP was relatively simple (not back in 2001, but today's standards) yet it worked tremendously well.

Keeping it simple is the best option, rather than complicating matters with having 6 different variations of a BMP or T-80, or too many different uniform styles.

OFP definitely had a certain feel too it, a crappy eastern bloc coldness to the whole thing. Especially fond memories of running around Kolgujev and hearing the rattling and sqeaking of the tracks of an approaching BMP or T-72 from 500m away, and thinking "Oh shit, i'm caught out in the open". Something that Arma 3 hasn't been able to replicate.

Anyway, only asked about the M1 and the PASGT helmet because i found this in the arsenal... 

I may or may not have ported and reskined that  :ph34r:

• Like 2

I may or may not have ported and reskined that  :ph34r:

This cheeky bugger right here.

• Like 1

Damn when i thought there were enough re-skins in a3 modding this happens. Can't people just download ARMA 2 again and play CWR 2? It's better than anything out there when it comes to cold war and there are hundreds of different missions for it already. Plus arma 3 cant really portray ofp or older armas well , its too different. If there is undoubtedly a better game like a1 & 2, there is no point to rush and force playing A3.
http://cwr2.arma2.fr/