Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

MyDocs\ArmA3\scripts

Does the MyDocs\ArmA 3\scripts folder still work? I tried writing some script there but didn't get to see any interaction in ArmA3. I didn't put a lot of time into finding out why I just developed inside a mission instead, but I was wondering if it's general knowledge if it's been disabled.

Still working... the ALiVE mod uses it for indexing maps.  Can get you some more info if needed.

Thanks Savage, no need, I'm sure it was probably just a dumb typo on my part :) it just surprised me when it didn't immediately work that's all :) I didn't make any investigation but I thought I would ask to see. Thanks for info.

Hmm. After another look it seems I just cannot use the Scripts folder as I used to anymore :(

What do you mean exactly?  With ALiVE the developers include a \scripts folder for running their map indexing process.. do you have -filePatching enabled?  Pretty sure that is required.

Hi Savage. So in ArmA2, and I'm pretty sure in ArmA3 in the past, I could just write my scripts in MyDocs\ArmA 3\Scripts folder and any mission that tried to run it would look there if it wasn't in the mission folder.

So just using:

_thisVar = [_thisUnit, _thisOtherUnit] execVM "MyNewSript.sqf"

would check first in the mission folder, then in the Scripts folder in MyDocs\ArmA3

(Also, in my quick test last night, I was unable to execute scripts in any sub-folder in the mission folder, which sounds ludicrous. Only in the root of the mission folder did my script eventually run.)

do you have -filePatching enabled?  Pretty sure that is required.

No, looking at it it seems it's recently added, so that may be it. It seems unlikely to affect simple script calls though right?

No, looking at it it seems it's recently added, so that may be it. It seems unlikely to affect simple script calls though right?

If memory serves (it often doesn't) you need -filePatching to access any "unpacked" data (ie: non-pbo files)... give it a shot it's an easy test  ;)

• Like 2

So yeah, -filePatching sorted it out, thanks :)

It's a little strange though how mission folder sub-folders don't work without it, but the mission root folder does :\

• Like 2

So yeah, -filePatching sorted it out, thanks :)

It's a little strange though how mission folder sub-folders don't work without it, but the mission root folder does :\

Because Arma ;)