egbert

Folders in Virtual Arsenal

Hi there !

I don't know if this has already been discussed/requested, I made a quick search in the forums with keywords "arsenal folders" which didn't get me anywhere.

So, what about folders in Virtual Arsenal ? It would be nice, to properly sort all custom loadouts you can make, and avoid scrolling like hell to find the one you need.

That's all folks, sorry for my bad english, and sorry if the suggestion already been made in the past.

Cheers

• Like 5

Hi there !

I don't know if this has already been discussed/requested, I made a quick search in the forums with keywords "arsenal folders" which didn't get me anywhere.

So, what about folders in Virtual Arsenal ? It would be nice, to properly sort all custom loadouts you can make, and avoid scrolling like hell to find the one you need.

That's all folks, sorry for my bad english, and sorry if the suggestion already been made in the past.

Cheers

The custom load outs are stored there's no need to start messing about with something you can possibly erase by mistake rendering your whole VA system, which then has the knock on effect of effecting EDEN as well.

instead of scrolling like hell to find the one you need, perhaps deleting the ones you don't  need would be better? :D

We need more sorting options in the virtual arsenal. A search function would be nice as well. It would be awesome if we could have a adobe lightroom-esqe sorting system. Give the user and addon maker the ability to tag addons with specific words and/or colors. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I know the OP was talking about folders in the save/load loadout section but BI devs, what about an optional 'folders' switch for the actual list of weapons/gear and it results in creating sorted folders per dlc-icon ( most modders use the DLC icon to distinguish their mods in the VA ).

So in the end after clicking the switch there can be three folders when for example clicking on the rifles tab:

"Bohemia Interactive"

"Community Upgrade Project" (example)

"Miscellaneous" (for those without DLC/author icons)

By clicking any of these folders the tree unfolds and you see the listbox of weapons you'd normally see, although sorted by the selected author.

It would be a nice, welcomed addition to the Virtual Arsenal and helps keeping it organized & eliminates the duplicate-weapon confusion (e.g. RHS, CUP, HLC, etc. all have AK-74s thus if you load them all at once -> 3 duplicates w/ different properties).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 5

@ Road Runner : I agree with you, deleting a bunch of custom loadouts in one single click is frightening, then adding a lock function on each folder could prevent this kind of mistake (like layers in photoshop for example).

As for deleting loadouts I made to avoid scrolling for hours...Well, I create missions, I often need a lot of custom loadouts to make it more real, and I don't want to delete many hours of work just to keep the list short. No need to tell I'm not a scripting genius, so I often use VA with 3DEN to make my missions.

• Like 1

I fully agree with "MrSanchez", with variuos mods installed, looking for something in VA is now problematic, when you start scrolling up and down on that very long list, not good. Without mods, VA doesn't need filter or folders, but we all use mods so, it would be great for some fix in that area.

Karel can you please look at this? We need some sort of Folder tree system in Arsenal. Its correct to say when adding more Mods to Arsenal. It becomes a huge hassle to find a specific item if custom icons are not implemented as said item or uniform looks the same. You ended up scrolling quite a bit

This is very rough

U5DJy0M.png

• Like 6

also an option to view "default" soldier loadout for example: CSAT Rifleman etc loadouts directly in the VA (Bohemia subtree) would be nice.

• Like 1

I think this suggestions should be adopted and they have my support.

Love the ideas of folders for loadouts and filters for mods. +1

It would also be nice if weapons got an extra tab for camo variants. Things get really messy in virtual arsenal when you start to load a lot of weapon packs with their own camo variants and order.

Something kind of minor but which I'ld certainly appreciate is to have a button to individually empty the inventory of uniforms, vests and backpacks in virtual arsenal. You can kind of do it already by scrolling to the top of the list and unselecting the uniform or vest you wear, but then again the list only gets longer as you load more mods and you then have to find where that fancy looking vest was at again.

Also as it is right now, when you equip a weapon in the virtual arsenal, and if you already wear an uniform, vest or backpack, your weapon is automatically loaded with the default ammo. So if you want to exclusively use a different kind of ammo, you're forced to close the virtual arsenal and reload your weapon and then get rid of the default ammunition you carry. Maybe there is a better way to handle this?

• Like 4

It would also be nice if weapons got an extra tab for camo variants. Things get really messy in virtual arsenal when you start to load a lot of weapon packs with their own camo variants and order.

Pretty sure there is some stuff being developed for weapon camouflages similar to how it was done with vehicles. Cant remember where the source of the information came from but I'd imagine if it is still the case something along those lines will be added to the VA.

Also all the suggestions being made here are great, folders for both saved loadouts and added mod content would make for much easier use. BUT THE ONE THING WE ALSO NEED ARE EXTENDED UI IN VA. When using a lot of modded content and even vanilla there are various item names which are too long for the UI. Especially mods such as RHS or NIArms where magazines have long names.

Please BI, extend the UI! ; _ ;

• Like 2

Something kind of minor but which I'ld certainly appreciate is to have a button to individually empty the inventory of uniforms, vests and backpacks in virtual arsenal. You can kind of do it already by scrolling to the top of the list and unselecting the uniform or vest you wear, but then again the list only gets longer as you load more mods and you then have to find where that fancy looking vest was at again.

Also as it is right now, when you equip a weapon in the virtual arsenal, and if you already wear an uniform, vest or backpack, your weapon is automatically loaded with the default ammo. So if you want to exclusively use a different kind of ammo, you're forced to close the virtual arsenal and reload your weapon and then get rid of the default ammunition you carry. Maybe there is a better way to handle this?

Excellent suggestions. In addition to tabs for camo selections I'd also like to see subcategories (and tabs) for different variants (e.g. rolled sleeves, t-shirt, normal, etc. etc.). That would significantly cut down on the clutter and would allow addonmakers to go wild with minute variations that would otherwise not really warrant a specific entry in the virtual arsenal.

• Like 1

Agreed with Mr.Sanchez' solution. Maybe even having a few more columns containing author and addon name which can be sorted alphabetically for convenience.

• Like 1

Since weapons can be seperated into machine guns, riflels, dmgs etc. It would be nice to have this layout in the Arsenal. Right now, especially with mods like RHS it's incredible cumbersome to find the right weapon.

• Like 2

i absolutely second this. We very much indeed need folder or branching system in the VA for vanilla and mod assets. It works in the editor or zeus, it should be at least similar in the VA. Actually, i have RHS installed, but i only load it when i really need it...because it really painful to scroll through that huge arms list in the VA. I think a branching system as in the editor with vanilla content on top would be just fine, search function and adjustable folders top notch...

I would rather they fixed the VA so that it saves and exports and loads your customisations in EDEN like it did before.

After every major update all the saved load outs get wiped, this time was no different.

Hey,

That can be a nice function.

Being able to categorize each weapon type can be really usefull.