Sign in to follow this  
eddo36

Secretive ‘Falkatus‘ & ‘Tiger’ assault vehicles debut in Dagestan anti-terror op

RT - The latest marvels of Russian armored engineering have been deployed by Russian special forces during an anti-terrorist operation in Dagestan. The “Falkatus†and “Tiger†assault vehicles, which were top secret until only recently, were finally caught in action, much to everyone’s amazement.

The special operation conducted on the outskirts of Makhachkala earlier this week resulted in the neutralization of three members of a terrorist cell. But besides this feat, the world received its first glimpse of two state-of-the-art armored multipurpose SUVs that military enthusiasts and bloggers have been speculating about for years.

The newly-modified “Tiger†armored vehicle gave a breathtaking performance – firing what appeared to be a missile or a smoke grenade at terrorists who had been holed up in a mansion. The new version of the Russian assault armored vehicle, that had never previously been seen in photos or video footage, can be seen equipped with a turret which offers a 360 degree view. “Tiger†was designed specifically for the Federal Security Service (FSB) special forces for assault operations in dense urban areas.

Unlike the basic version, the assault modification of “Tiger†comes with a more powerful engine and additional armor. New communications and life support installations were added for the convenience of servicemen and its driver.

In addition to “Tiger†the footage also shows the “Falkatus†armored vehicle in action, whih was previously known as the “Punisher.†No one knows the exact characteristics of the new top secret vehicle, but experts believe that it can comfortably accommodate 10 people.

The car allows soldiers to sit back to back to provide all-round visibility. All doors are fitted with narrow viewing windows while the roof over the troop compartment has a circular hatch, which many observers speculate could be used to install a weapon, if necessary under specific battle conditions.

The V-shaped body that has been compared to the Batmobile has armored glass windows and windshield to better dissipate blast waves from explosions. The car is also fitted with Class 6a armor for better ballistic protection. The vehicle also has firing openings in the sides and rear doors.

It is said that "Falkatus" has double-axle chassis, similar to the rally race version that "KAMAZ" uses in the Dakar rally. There is even speculation that "KAMAZ" rally driver and seven time Dakar champion, Vladimir Chagin, was involved in a test driving project.

It is also believed that several modifications of the machine, each of which is different from the other, has already been built. As the specifications of “Falcatus†remain secret, bloggers believe that the 12 ton vehicle has 730 horsepower under the hood which allows it to reach speeds of up to 200 kmh.

The “Falcatus†made its debut to the public when President Vladimir Putin inspected the FSB’s latest special operation vehicles in Moscow in February. The president also inspected a giant KAMAZ-produced “Viking†armored vehicle, based on the KAMAZ-4911 Extreme, originally designed for international racing events such as the Dakar Rally, and an armored dune buggy featuring rally-car seats.

Holy crap it's the ifrit! Also-every SOF unit from all over the world looks identical now-they are all wearing ops-core style helmets and dressed in multicam..

• Like 1

Well, OK, it's nice to see expensive equipment doing it's work but... What's so secret about these things?

ZIL Karatel/Punisher/Falkatus/Putin's Summer Camper/whatever was seen for the first time around 2011 IIRC, and stars in a lot of staged photoshoots including this cheesy FSB promo. Now there is a problem of what are the specs of the vehicle, but some speculate that there's actually no specs of that car - it's rather a modular cabin put on whatever chassis customer wants (FSB vehicles are built on KaMAZ 4x4 chassis and heavily armored, while ZiL promotional photos show vehicle built on ZiL-131 chassis and almost no armor).

Tigr? Oh, gunner's got an armor.

What's so secret about these things?

Nothing. This is just stupid clickbait, like practically 90% of internet news these days.

Guess why mr. eddo here posts a new thread for every damn news article, instead of creating a "general military news" thread like every other person would. Wouldn't be as click-baity.

Yeah, I know it but I was trying to provoke reaction from Eddo himself :P

Don't get me wrong - most of this is interesting to some degree, but having separate thread for every YT clip is way too much. Reminds me of Walker's threads back in the day (for those who might not remember - Walker, formerly from Chain of Command modding group, used to post a lot of quite provocative threads on various socio-political topics. I found that interesting, but some people were clearly offended by his opinions. And when he started posting several threads every day... Well, you get the idea).

I wonder - why was this thread abandoned?

• Like 1

Each I posted are different from each other, and I don't post everyday. Unless a mod tells me to, I don't see the big deal.