uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.33.zip

Official BloodLust Webpage: http://bitdungeon.org/arma/bloodlust/

Note: The server and clients must run the addon.

[6-5-2016] v2.33:
Exploding vehicles will now cause its crew to vaporize.
Gib textures tweaked.
Added unit vaporized event hook.
Added camera switch to a gib upon vaporization of the player.
Possible performance improvement in multiplayer (switched remoteExecCall with remoteExec).

• Like 4

Wrote a little event hook which makes units go splat when hitting the ground from a high altitude. Execute it in the debug console or something.

BloodLust_OnUnitKilledPostEventHandlers pushBack
{
    _unit = _this select 0;
    _killer = _this select 1;
    _isFreeFalling = (animationState _unit) find "halofreefall" != -1;
    if(_isFreeFalling && isTouchingGround _unit && _unit == _killer) then
    {
        [_unit, (speed _unit) * 0.2] call BloodLust_VaporizeUnit;
    };
};
  • Like 1

I've decided to offer a small perk to those who have or will be donating before August 1, 2016.

Those whom donate before August 1, 2016 will have their name added permanently to a "Thank You" area in the BloodLust Settings Menu. Participants should leave a message through PayPal of the name they want displayed, else I will just use your initials.

Would be like an early supporters section.

• Like 3

I've seen this mod today on Youtube, and it looks awesome. However, I must say that obliteration feature i.e. that bodies get totally dismembered by a hand grenade explosion should not be so pronounced. No hand grenade will turn a man into pile of pieces. In order to totally dismember a person you'd have to have artillery or high caliber mortar shell explode near them. Hand grenades do not work like this i.e. to have huge explosion radius. The explosion is very limited, and what kills people are shrapnel when grenade fragments upon exploding. If you could tweak it so it doesnt obliterate a person, but rather have massive bleeding or maybe only one limb torn from body, that would make this mod much more realistic. Cheers mate and keep up the good work. 

• Like 2

I've seen this mod today on Youtube, and it looks awesome. However, I must say that obliteration feature i.e. that bodies get totally dismembered by a hand grenade explosion should not be so pronounced. No hand grenade will turn a man into pile of pieces. In order to totally dismember a person you'd have to have artillery or high caliber mortar shell explode near them. Hand grenades do not work like this i.e. to have huge explosion radius. The explosion is very limited, and what kills people are shrapnel when grenade fragments upon exploding. If you could tweak it so it doesnt obliterate a person, but rather have massive bleeding or maybe only one limb torn from body, that would make this mod much more realistic. Cheers mate and keep up the good work. 

I think the difficulty is that dismemberment doesn't work in Arma so the workaround is to delete the unit and spawn a load of gibs... although I do agree. And if people do get blown up like that they don't tend to have such perfectly butchered chunks, but until we get a modeller who can do sloppy bits of torn apart person, it's better than nothing! 

Thanks! If you find the vaporization damage threshold to be low, you can tweak it in the settings menu. The key is called, "BloodLust_VaporizationDamageThreshold".

Also if you saw this obliteration effect in a YouTube video, that player could have tweaked the values to be lower or ran an older version where it was lower or looked different. It's best to try out the current version for yourself if you haven't already.

• Like 1

there is a settings menu with adjustable threshholds for just that, if i'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

I was doing a simple scenario yesterday, which ended with me shooting an RPG at a CSAT Ifrit. I was not running BloodLust, I should note. I got a nice hit and the vehicle caught fire with I think two people on board.

I walked round the burning vehicle, and I would guess that would be a rather grim scene in reality. But none of the crew were to be seen in any form or shape. Which brings me to this thread! Can you do something to better display the grim nature of that kind of incident, this might be the one place where charcoal characters such as the ones from SLX might be warranted?

Cheers,

OP

I was doing a simple scenario yesterday, which ended with me shooting an RPG at a CSAT Ifrit. I was not running BloodLust, I should note. I got a nice hit and the vehicle caught fire with I think two people on board.

I walked round the burning vehicle, and I would guess that would be a rather grim scene in reality. But none of the crew were to be seen in any form or shape. Which brings me to this thread! Can you do something to better display the grim nature of that kind of incident, this might be the one place where charcoal characters such as the ones from SLX might be warranted?

Cheers,

OP

In the last update I made it so units are vaporized (body parts are scattered around the wreckage).

• Like 1

Hello zooloo75, i don't know if it has been already reported but :

0:00:02 Error in expression <tFiredProjectileInfo", []]; if(time == _lastEventTime) exitWith {}; if((positio>
 0:00:02   Error position: <_lastEventTime) exitWith {}; if((positio>
 0:00:02   Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _lasteventtime
 0:00:02 File BloodSplatter\Scripts\CoreMultiplayer.sqf, line 78

In a simple firefight on a dedicated server, both server and client running the mod (2.33) of course ;).

Thanks for working on the MP compatibility :).

Hello zooloo75, i don't know if it has been already reported but :

0:00:02 Error in expression <tFiredProjectileInfo", []]; if(time == _lastEventTime) exitWith {}; if((positio>
 0:00:02   Error position: <_lastEventTime) exitWith {}; if((positio>
 0:00:02   Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _lasteventtime
 0:00:02 File BloodSplatter\Scripts\CoreMultiplayer.sqf, line 78

In a simple firefight on a dedicated server, both server and client running the mod (2.33) of course ;).

Thanks for working on the MP compatibility :).

Thanks for the report. This was a remnant of some old code, I've fixed this and will release a hotfix in a bit.

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.34.zip

Official BloodLust Webpage: http://bitdungeon.org/arma/bloodlust/

Note: The server and clients must run the addon.

[6-7-2016] v2.34:
Fixed script error in multiplayer core regarding an undefined variable, "_lastEventTime".

• Like 1

Zooloo have you considered creating a Blood Lust module for all your features? Maybe one for Single Play and one for Multiplayer if they have different features.

Your mod has grown so much since version 1.0 it is hard to keep track of all the changed. And now you are implementing things that we have to enable via debug console. I think so many features of Bloodlust will go unused to many if this approach is kept.

Perhaps in a future update you might consider including a Bloodlust Module that mission makers can enable and disable the features they want at will.

Ok I hadnt followed lately, sorry. I will give it a try. Thanks

Tweaked the "Splat" event hook (I might add this in the next update):

BloodLust_OnUnitKilledPostEventHandlers pushBack
{
    _unit = _this select 0;
    _killer = _this select 1;
    _isUnitOnFoot = vehicle _unit == _unit;
    _unitVelocity = velocity _unit;
    _unitVelocityMagnitude = vectorMagnitude _unitVelocity;
    if(_unit == _killer && _isUnitOnFoot && _unitVelocityMagnitude >= 20) then
    {
        [_unit, _unitVelocityMagnitude * 0.2] call BloodLust_VaporizeUnit;
    };
};

Go jump off a skyscraper or forget to deploy your parachute.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I've tried v2.34 with Campaign, fresh start, as soon as Kamino firing started my game went into Slideshow mod, than I trield BL with only CBA, same thing. Can someone also test for FPS hit during campaign, from begining.

Demo vid of the new "Splat" feature in the next update.

• Like 3

Looks amazing. Gibs look a little light IMO, quite bouncy. That said I have no experience with exploding bodies or dismembered corpses. 

Also, vaporization, (this and from large explosions) would look sick with a custom (single?) large splatter texture, rather than the standard blood pools.

baef5925a6885e629ba77f5ae7e4eb20.jpg

Edit: Also, are the blood textures getting darker or something? Used to look like fresh blood (and brains) but lately seems to be black in a lot of situations, might be from the new lighting?

Looks amazing. Gibs look a little light IMO, quite bouncy. That said I have no experience with exploding bodies or dismembered corpses. 

Also, vaporization, (this and from large explosions) would look sick with a custom (single?) large splatter texture, rather than the standard blood pools.

baef5925a6885e629ba77f5ae7e4eb20.jpg

Edit: Also, are the blood textures getting darker or something? Used to look like fresh blood (and brains) but lately seems to be black in a lot of situations, might be from the new lighting?

I've added a large splatter in addition to the smaller ones in the next update. Thanks for the feedback :)

I did increase the brightness of the blood for the new visual update, you may need to adjust your brightness and contrast ingame, as it looks right to me.