Too bad I´ve only discovered your mod now Zooloo!

I´m really liking it!

Sorry I haven´t read all the 30 pages but, do you have any plans to make limbs dismemberment and/or head explosions to please some snipers out there?

• Like 1

I do like your mod but I have to say body vaporization is kinda bad, meat chunks look like from first Half-Life and they are bright red. Can you make a simple low poly, arm, leg  and torso shape and just give it that darker grey color and that's it. No need for organs just simple body parts. 

Now this is kinda bad example because it's a baby doll, but something like this, just burned body parts and that's it.

As everything else, nice man, really nice :D

Dang, you hurt my feelings :( I spent a good couple of minutes on those gibs! LOL, just kidding, there's a ton of room for improvement for the gib models.

BTW, what a creepy fuckin' picture, lol..

I'm no 3D modeler, so if someone with some talent would like to contribute to this aspect of BloodLust, be my guest!  :)

Too bad I´ve only discovered your mod now Zooloo!

I´m really liking it!

Sorry I haven´t read all the 30 pages but, do you have any plans to make limbs dismemberment and/or head explosions to please some snipers out there?

Not feasible with the engine. The only thing that I can do is the vaporization effect (all or nothing). 

Nice!! This mod keeps getting better & better. Keep up the great work. Thanks. Zooloo75, you're not a mortician with your day job are you? ;-)

Nah, just an unemployed college student. Did have a full-stack software development job last year though.

why not just use the arma 3 sample character's limbs as a base? all you need is close the cut and put some nasty blood/flesh on there. the model itself will fit right in with what the game offers.

• Like 2

why not just use the arma 3 sample character's limbs as a base? all you need is close the cut and put some nasty blood/flesh on there. the model itself will fit right in with what the game offers.

Do you mean that he could possibly create different body models with different wounds (one without a leg, another without an arm, etc.), and replace an unit's body model as soon as the proper requirements are met, while applying the current loadout (vest, backpack, weapons) except for the uniform, in order to simulate dismemberment?

Do you mean that he could possibly create different body models with different wounds (one without a leg, another without an arm, etc.), and replace an unit's body model as soon as the proper requirements are met, while applying the current loadout (vest, backpack, weapons) except for the uniform, in order to simulate dismemberment?

nah. more like making naked leg and arm models with blood on the stumps made from the basic underwear dude model in arma 3 which is available inside the samples.

i had an idea though of using the explosion as an excuse to have the clothes be ripped to pieces and have a very bloodied up underwear dude for all units with maybe some generic few burned cloth peices on him that is missing limbs which get spawned seperately. similar to how SLX just made those pieces be burned to coal. could look good but only way to find out is making it :lol:

• Like 3

i knw how to work with 3d stuff , Zbrush , Maya

what do you need with that ? i dont know about coding or scripting but if you need me to get some model done yeah i can help you

i knw how to work with 3d stuff , Zbrush , Maya

what do you need with that ? i dont know about coding or scripting but if you need me to get some model done yeah i can help you

Right now I'm following BadBenson's suggestion of taking apart the example character model and making gibs from that. If you can make meat chunks and other generic gibs (such as bone fragments), that'd be very appreciated! Would need them in .obj format, and textured.

• Like 1

Currently working on the vaporization gibs. I've set up the sample character model, splitting him into multiple pieces and I'll just let the text below speak for itself...

//C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\lefthand.obj
//C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\leftlowerarm.obj
//C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\leftlowerlegandfoot.obj
//C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\leftupperarm.obj
//C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\leftupperleg.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\pelvis.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightfoot.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\righthand.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightindexfinger.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightlowerarm.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightlowerleg.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightmiddlefinger.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightpinkyfinger.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightringfinger.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightthumb.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightupperarm.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightupperleg.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\torso.obj

Got a long ways to go. The commented lines are finished. This already looks better than the old gibs.

• Like 1

Finished the pelvis gib. Should be able to complete the rest tomorrow. Textures may need some refining -- throw some feedback my way.

VACd4pu.jpg

• Like 3

Finished the pelvis gib. Should be able to complete the rest tomorrow. Textures may need some refining -- throw some feedback my way.

VACd4pu.jpg

Looks good, if you can give to gibs more darker texture, similar to carbonized bodies (viewer discretion is advised)

Looks good, if you can give to gibs more darker texture, similar to carbonized bodies (viewer discretion is advised)

Hmm, does a body instantly carbonized from an explosion? It would be fresh meat.

Couldn't hurt to be darker, but from the liveleak stuff I have regrettably seen, post explosion bodies generally look red and wet

• Like 1

WHY?!?!?

Please do not make spam posts like this. The answer to your question is likely one of the following- because it would take far more work to have this function in multiplayer, or maybe the developer has no interest in multiplayer or he simply has no time. 

But you know what to do- ask the developer's permission and get to work to make it compatible.

• Like 4

Hmm, does a body instantly carbonized from an explosion? It would be fresh meat.

It doesn't, but it's easier to make it look good overall. No need for high detailed textures, darker color can "mask" low poly model of gib,  burned skin fits it's near some burned vehicle. And if let's say gib is gonna stay longer, then gib it's gonna be pale/blue/darker. Most of all, it's hard to get the red color to look good on gib and not to make it look like too like HL. Or even better instead of burned black give it darker grey, that way it's covers pale, dust and low poly model of gib. 

When comes to performance, consider only to have gibs in form of a full arm and leg lenght with torso, so like max 5 gibs per body.

MP not supported, LOL , is it a joke ?

Did you miss the advice two posts up -seriously this shit pisses me off. You wanna write up an MP config, be our guests

• Like 5

ZooLoo pm me I can help with making this multiplayer compatible if you wish

• Like 4

MP not supported, LOL , is it a joke ?

I am with Froggy on this one, take your shitty attitude and leave the thread if you have nothing to contribute. Zooloo has put in a lot of work for this mod to be the way it is, and will get to MP compatibility when he pleases.

• Like 3

Due to recent code refactoring, making this MP compatible should be easier. After the gib update, I will make it my goal to get this working in an MP environment.

• Like 10

Due to recent code refactoring, making this MP compatible should be easier. After the gib update, I will make it my goal to get this working in an MP environment.

That's good, because blowing up someone online, never gets old :D

• Like 1

Darkened the material. Meeting in the middle for a charred and meaty texture.

s740YIz.jpg

TALxnpx.jpg

Wanna have some insane fun? Grab a shotgun and execute this in the console!

BloodLust_OnHit = 
{ 
    _unit = _this select 0; 
    [_unit, 10] call BloodLust_VaporizeUnit;
};

• Like 5

Alright now it looks better, good job man. SPU ;)