Everything seems to be working ok, however, I can't seem to get gibs to work? Any ideas?

Working on a new feature that's tied to blood spraying, involving lines of blood being emitted from blood sprays:

https://gyazo.com/f23a1dca6eb6ab516e96e49d5c3adafb

https://gyazo.com/2a3ffd7472732da9814435267899aa41

https://gyazo.com/476cda5238f646114574bda105abbe31

I'm still tweaking the effect to my liking, but I hope these vids convey the idea.

• Like 16

zooloo75, your one sick puppy...

I like it!!!

does that mean im sick too...?

• Like 2

On 7/30/2017 at 6:47 PM, zooloo75 said:

Working on a new feature that's tied to blood spraying, involving lines of blood being emitted from blood sprays:

https://gyazo.com/f23a1dca6eb6ab516e96e49d5c3adafb

https://gyazo.com/2a3ffd7472732da9814435267899aa41

https://gyazo.com/476cda5238f646114574bda105abbe31

I'm still tweaking the effect to my liking, but I hope these vids convey the idea.

This is an excellent idea, man and I'm liking where you are going with it.

Standard ARMA 3 effects are, well, predictable and dull. It's really hard to see if you scored a hit. Your mod has brought a lot of detail into a very overlooked part of the game. I think it brings more immersion because of its "shock and awe" effect. Seeing a teammate go ragdoll and collapse is one thing, but seeing the blood spray from him next to that supersonic crack as the bullet impacts is something else!

If you want my sincere feedback on the new animated spray effects, please read on!

The effects themselves are really nice and generally look good, but if you want to strive for perfection I would recommend trying the following:

• Slightly increase transparency, right now it almost looks as dark-red paint. 
  • The showcased hits look like hits from .50cal size weaponry. No way you will get these kind of sprays from regular rifle ammo unless you actually hit the heart and tear it open. I suggest keeping the current animated effects for large-caliber hits, and reducing them to about 50% size for rifle/pistol.
  • Experiment with adding some white/grey dust/mist to the impacts. As the bullet passes through tissue, it creates an expanding cavity. As this collapses, it tends to blow/spray out some dust and blood. Also, the shockwave travelling with the bullet tends to kick off a lot of dust from clothes upon entry/exit. (Albeit I must say it's hard to see from these GIF's if the dust is coming from ground impacts or your body impact effects... But I'm pretty sure the "dust" is coming from bullets striking the pavement).

Keep in mind that I mean it in a constructive way and it only reflects my personal taste, which normally leans towards realism. Your mod completely transforms my experience of infantry combat in ArmA3 into something more immersive and I am truly grateful for that :)

Finally I'd like to point out that everyone has their own taste, and I know bloodlust is already quite tweakable. Maybe you can set a player-selectable spray size for each type of blood effect (the caliber dependent ones). You know.. in case some of us sick guys want bloodbath 80's action movie style effects :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

This is an excellent idea, man and I'm liking where you are going with it.

Standard ARMA 3 effects are, well, predictable and dull. It's really hard to see if you scored a hit. Your mod has brought a lot of detail into a very overlooked part of the game. I think it brings more immersion because of its "shock and awe" effect. Seeing a teammate go ragdoll and collapse is one thing, but seeing the blood spray from him next to that supersonic crack as the bullet impacts is something else!

If you want my sincere feedback on the new animated spray effects, please read on!

The effects themselves are really nice and generally look good, but if you want to strive for perfection I would recommend trying the following:

• Slightly increase transparency, right now it almost looks as dark-red paint. 
  • The showcased hits look like hits from .50cal size weaponry. No way you will get these kind of sprays from regular rifle ammo unless you actually hit the heart and tear it open. I suggest keeping the current animated effects for large-caliber hits, and reducing them to about 50% size for rifle/pistol.
  • Experiment with adding some white/grey dust/mist to the impacts. As the bullet passes through tissue, it creates an expanding cavity. As this collapses, it tends to blow/spray out some dust and blood. Also, the shockwave travelling with the bullet tends to kick off a lot of dust from clothes upon entry/exit. (Albeit I must say it's hard to see from these GIF's if the dust is coming from ground impacts or your body impact effects... But I'm pretty sure the "dust" is coming from bullets striking the pavement).

Keep in mind that I mean it in a constructive way and it only reflects my personal taste, which normally leans towards realism. Your mod completely transforms my experience of infantry combat in ArmA3 into something more immersive and I am truly grateful for that :)

Finally I'd like to point out that everyone has their own taste, and I know bloodlust is already quite tweakable. Maybe you can set a player-selectable spray size for each type of blood effect (the caliber dependent ones). You know.. in case some of us sick guys want bloodbath 80's action movie style effects :)

Thanks for your feedback, I totally agree with your points and will try to strive towards this over the course of the mod's development. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zooloo75 said:

Thanks for your feedback, I totally agree with your points and will try to strive towards this over the course of the mod's development. 

No problem, I'm glad you found it valuable! Best of luck during further development! I will be paying close attention to your progress as this is one of my top must-have mods for ArmA 3 :)

• Like 2

BUG .... anyone else get this ?

11:13:18 Error in expression <it);
_isUnitVaporized = false;
if(_unit == _killer && _isUnitOnFoot && _unitVelo>
11:13:18   Error position: <== _killer && _isUnitOnFoot && _unitVelo>
11:13:18   Error Generic error in expression
11:13:18 File BloodSplatter\Scripts\Core.sqf, line 295

Small bug report if you're not already aware of this

- You get obliterated when falling from high heights / not pulling chute

- Blood splatters comes from helmet on non lethal hits

- Ultra-fast gibs from player flying through map via gib-cam upon obliteration should maybe be disabled as default?

- Drones like the falcon (and the stomper) shows blood / gibs on crash

Spoiler

JcIJVoXYQBmOE201v_ZYZQ.jpg

I've have also seen black blood splatters when units are forced from a disable vehicle but then it explodes .. should they be black ?

2 hours ago, neetch said:

- You get obliterated when falling from high heights / not pulling chute

Im pretty sure that is a feature not a bug. You splash when you fall from great heights, you do not bounce. 

• Like 1

Just now, lordprimate said:

Im pretty sure that is a feature not a bug. You splash when you fall from great heights, you do not bounce. 

that might be true that its intended. just seems a bit too extreme in my eyes

Bloodlust: v2.484

Scenario - Lock server game with around 12 v 12 AI combat in a small area.

I was testing this today and found it spams the RPT full of the message "Obsolete". After a while I found that the client would hit the 5 fps bug very rapidly (64 bit) so something is going wrong. I had been testing it with a group of other mods but eventually narrowed it down to bloodlust.

15 hours ago, zooloo75 said:

Please post the logs here. 

Its literally 900KB of:

21:07:46 Obsolete

Its hard to miss as it does about 50 of those a second.

• Like 1

Have the exact same issue. Rpt file consists of entry after entry of the time stamp + Obsolete. Nothing else.

Not sure if it's just me, but the settigns seem to have no effect on multiplayer? I can't turn of the vaporization or adjust other settings.

Works fine on single player though.

Sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere.

Other than that, love it, is it still active?

hi zoolo. sorry if its not here were I've to ask this but I'm lost. I want to do a mision where the player must track a injured unit following his blood trail but the blood disappears after a minut. Also it happens with the prints of the footsteps in the snow maybe both have relation. Do you know any way to solve it? Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, 1wulf1 said:

hi zoolo. sorry if its not here were I've to ask this but I'm lost. I want to do a mision where the player must track a injured unit following his blood trail but the blood disappears after a minut. Also it happens with the prints of the footsteps in the snow maybe both have relation. Do you know any way to solve it? Thanks in advance

Thats all adjustable as Zooloo gave a crap ton of options/variables - just hit Enter while in Debug and you can adjust time settings for Blood disappearing. Footsteps are different issue but this script by HallyG works pretty well (remember change name from Player to whatever your units name is):

h = [] spawn { private _lastPos = getPosWorld player; private _tmpPos = [0,0,0]; private _positions = []; private _footsteps = []; private _i = 0; while {true} do { _tmpPos = getPosWorld player; if (_tmpPos distance _lastPos >1) then { _footstep = createSimpleObject [ format ["a3\characters_f\footstep_%1.p3d", ['l', 'r'] select (_i %2)], AGLtoASL (player modelToWorldVisual ([[0,0.2,0],[0.2,0,0]] select (_i %2))) ]; _footstep setDir (getDir player); _positions pushBack [_tmpPos, time, _footstep]; _i = _i + 1; _lastPos = _tmpPos; }; hintSilent format ["FOOTSTEPS: %1", count _positions]; sleep (1/((speed player) max 1)); }; };

Hi froggyluv. Thanks for the help.The HallyG scricpt Works perfect, although I don't understand how it works, but I still don't find where I can modify the time of the blood stains on ground. I use this comand in the unit inic.: 

player setDamage 0.25;
player setBleedingRemaining 120;

Sorry but Im very noob

help!

FAQ:
Q: How do I reduce blood pool flickering?
A: Disable multi-threaded texture loading via the ArmA3 Launcher's advanced parameters.

i dint see this parameter in game-launcher

9 hours ago, blackburnrus said:

help!

i dint see this parameter in game-launcher

Under PARAMETERS, EXTRA THREADS, untick TEXTURE LOADING.