11 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Cool, I haven't actually tried it but do blood splatters work when a unit is in a vehicle that can be penetrated?

Like can you see blood splats on the windows, seats or walls of the vehicle?

IIRC, one of the first versions of BloodLust had blood splatters get attached to vehicles. There was an issue that caused the vehicle to collide with the splatter model and explode. This might not be an issue now though since I use my own splatter 3D plane model (I used to use the UserTexture model in earlier versions of the mod).

I'll experiment with this idea ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zooloo75 said:

There was an issue that caused the vehicle to collide with the splatter model and explode. 

That is an awesome bug!

I must admit if there is THAT amount of blood on the inside of the windscreen then I don't hold up that much hope for the occupants  !

• Like 1

After doing some experimenting, I was able to get blood splatters to stick to vehicles.

You have to remove the "AllVehicles" entry from the setting "BloodLust_BloodSplatterIntersectionBlackList";

Then you have to execute the following code:

BloodLust_CreateBloodSplatter =
{
    _object = _this select 0;
    _positionASL = _this select 1;
    _normalDirection = _this select 2;
    _intersectionDistance = _this select 3;
    _splatterAngle = _this select 4;
    _splatterTexture = _this select 5;
    _splatter = call BloodLust_CreateBloodSplatterObject;
    _splatterPosition = [0, 0, 0];
    _splatterNormal = [0, 0, 0];
    _surfaceObject = objNull;
    _intersectionEndPositionASL = _positionASL vectorAdd (_normalDirection vectorMultiply _intersectionDistance);
    _surfaceIntersections = lineIntersectsSurfaces
    [
        _positionASL,
        _intersectionEndPositionASL,
        _object,
        vehicle _object,
        true,
        "GEOM",
        "FIRE"
    ] select {
        _intersectingObject  = _x select 2;
        _isObjectInIntersectionBlackList = [typeOf _intersectingObject, (getModelInfo _intersectingObject) select 0] call BloodLust_IsClassInIntersectionBlackList;
        _return = !_isObjectInIntersectionBlackList;
        _return;
    };

if(count _surfaceIntersections > 0) then
    {
        _surfaceIntersection = _surfaceIntersections select 0;
        _splatterPosition = _surfaceIntersection select 0;
        _splatterNormal = _surfaceIntersection select 1;
        _surfaceObject = _surfaceIntersection select 2;
        _surfaceIntersectionGround = [_positionASL vectorAdd (_normalDirection vectorMultiply BloodLust_BloodSplatterGroundMaxDistance), _object, vehicle _object] call BloodLust_GetSurfaceIntersection;
        _surfaceDistance = _surfaceIntersectionGround select 0;
        if(_surfaceDistance > 0.1) then
        {
            [_splatter, _surfaceObject] call BloodLust_AssignSplatterToBuilding;
        };
    }
    else
    {
        _surfaceIntersection = [_positionASL vectorAdd (_normalDirection vectorMultiply BloodLust_BloodSplatterGroundMaxDistance), _object, vehicle _object] call BloodLust_GetSurfaceIntersection;
        _splatterNormal = _surfaceIntersection select 1;
        _splatterPosition = _surfaceIntersection select 2;
    };

_splatter setObjectTexture [0, _splatterTexture];
    _splatter setPosASL (_splatterPosition vectorAdd (_splatterNormal vectorMultiply 0.01));
    _splatter setVectorDirAndUp [[sin _splatterAngle, cos _splatterAngle, sin _splatterAngle * cos _splatterAngle] vectorCrossProduct _splatterNormal, _splatterNormal];

if(!isNull _surfaceObject) then
    {
      [_splatter, _surfaceObject] call BIS_fnc_attachToRelative;
    };

{
        [_splatter] call _x;
    } foreach BloodLust_OnBloodSplatterCreatedEventHandlers;
};

• Like 5

@zooloo75 looks nice with blood on vehicles except how the textures floats once the vehicle is moved.

Also i have noticed that blood splatters don't show on containers?

And another suggestion: Burned corpse textures on bodies inside burning/burned vehicles. Right now bodies get removed once a vehicle has been blown up. Would be cool if corpses stay inside the vehicle with a nice and crispy burned tex.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/2/1518586_44a813506d_z.jpg?zz=1

Could be a separate mod but could work nicely with bloodlust now that it already includes some extra features.

• Like 1

In COSLX in the wounds.pbo there a feature when someone gets blown up that their body will blow apart but the body is a burnt torso and parts.

You could have in the code where when a vehicle blows up or the body is exposed to some source of flame that textures will be applied to the corpse or dismembered parts,

or as it has been done before have it where the parts get replaced with ones with burnt textures on it, I think the previous idea would be better to apply

the textures as you wont see the corpse til after the fire is out anyways.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Avis_Falcon said:

@zooloo75 Can u add your latest bloodlast preset, or it's apply by default, with any update? 

I've updated the default preset to match the one I currently use in today's update.

3 hours ago, zooloo75 said:

I've updated the default preset to match the one I currently use in today's update.

Good, thank you!

Zooloo thank you very much.
This really adds to the immersion!

below a 'nice' sitatuation happened when playing some CQC.
First operator died in a last stand fight, and I fell against the wall 'like in the movies'.

kg1lSMZ.jpg
Your mod really adds alot as without it wouldn't have been so dramatic.

Also when approaching a distant firefight, hearing the silence set in and finally getting to the battlefield and seeing all the carnage is really 'nice'.

disclaimer: I do not endorse nor romanticise violence, hence the quotation marks :smileee:

• Like 6

what a bloody mess

• Like 1

@zooloo75

Hey mate thanks for the mod, nice truly bloody nice

So I whacked it on my little A3 Epoch test server to play around for best over setting etc...

I notices at time a flickering texture before the blood effects settle, in the clip below first 2 kills works bloody great, then the last 2 kills I get that flickering texture.

soz about the poor quality

Place the need parts in my remoteExec for bloodlust, thou I have to set allowedTargets = 0; for it to work....

class CfgRemoteExec
{
    class Functions
		class bloodlust_onunithitpart 	 //	Bloodlust
		{ 
			allowedTargets = 0;
		};
		class bloodlust_onunitexplosion  //	Bloodlust
		{ 
			allowedTargets = 0;
		};
};

also what do I need to edit for the effects to work with ryan's zombies, if the effects will work with them that is!

would like to get it right before going live on my dedi server as the players want blood n gore.

cheers

natoed

2dmin.org

On 7/19/2017 at 11:17 PM, natoed said:

@zooloo75

Hey mate thanks for the mod, nice truly bloody nice

So I whacked it on my little A3 Epoch test server to play around for best over setting etc...

I notices at time a flickering texture before the blood effects settle, in the clip below first 2 kills works bloody great, then the last 2 kills I get that flickering texture.

soz about the poor quality

Place the need parts in my remoteExec for bloodlust, thou I have to set allowedTargets = 0; for it to work....

class CfgRemoteExec
{
    class Functions
		class bloodlust_onunithitpart 	 //	Bloodlust
		{ 
			allowedTargets = 0;
		};
		class bloodlust_onunitexplosion  //	Bloodlust
		{ 
			allowedTargets = 0;
		};
};

also what do I need to edit for the effects to work with ryan's zombies, if the effects will work with them that is!

would like to get it right before going live on my dedi server as the players want blood n gore.

cheers

natoed

2dmin.org

The blood flickering is a limitation with my texture animation method. Over time, the textures should cache and reduce in flickering.

I have seen another possible way of implementing blood pools via .ogv video, and saw demos where the playback was acceptable, so I may look into refactoring this feature at a later date.

I've never looked into why BloodLust doesn't work with Ryan's Zombies, but I have a guess that the zombies may not inherit from the "CaManBase" base class. If you want to modify the addon for your server and redistribute it, feel free to do so!

• Like 1

Thx for reply zooloo75

now that you mention it "CaManBase" base class, that would be it, would explain the following in the rpt files

8:03:04 [18167,26.628,0,"XEH: PreInit started. v3.4.0.170627"]
 8:03:04 [XEH]: One or more children of class CAManBase do not support Extended Event Handlers. Fall back to loop.
 8:03:04 [18167,26.767,0,"XEH: PreInit finished."]

If you want to modify the addon for your server and redistribute it, feel free to do so!

I'll have a crack and thank you

cheers

natoed

First of all, thank you for an awesome mod. I'm hitting a bit of a roadblock though when using it in a MP environment. The readme says client and server both need the mod so I've installed it on both. I cannot seem to get it to work. Is there a step for MP that I'm not seeing or that isn't in the readme?

I see above the need for RemoteExec so I've added those but still nothing.