Hello,

I'm using Bloodlust lite (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753617266) for a while, because the first versions of bloodlust were not multiplayer-friendly. Organising large scale PvP games (sometimes a hundred players) I did not want to take any risk in term of performances.

I'd like to know if those last versions of bloodlust are more optimised for MP. Has anyone played in large scale condition ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

Hello,

I'm using Bloodlust lite (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753617266) for a while, because the first versions of bloodlust were not multiplayer-friendly. Organising large scale PvP games (sometimes a hundred players) I did not want to take any risk in term of performances.

I'd like to know if those last versions of bloodlust are more optimised for MP. Has anyone played in large scale condition ?

Thank you.

I've seen a few large communities run the main branch of BloodLust on their servers without issues. One notable community is "3rd SFO".

Great job on the mod. I like a nice bloody battlefield after a good shoot em up.

Thanks for updating and improving. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.T said:

Great job on the mod. I like a nice bloody battlefield after a good shoot em up.

Thanks for updating and improving. Much appreciated!

Thanks! Checking out the aftermath is always a nice family event.

uBamuSM.png

Version 2.472: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667953829
+ Removed game's default blood splatters to retain consistency when using BloodLust

+ Reduced vaporization gib force

This will disable the game's default blood pool and bleed splatter models, as BloodLust already covers this ;)

This update removes these from the game:

2BlKyZL.jpg

• Like 6

Hey @zooloo75, nice release! Btw, any news on the Git repo you've been considering to create? I haven't been able to find it on Github.

I'd love to take a look at the SC and maybe make a separate branch for some experimenting. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, inlesco said:

Hey @zooloo75, nice release! Btw, any news on the Git repo you've been considering to create? I haven't been able to find it on Github.

I'd love to take a look at the SC and maybe make a separate branch for some experimenting. Thanks!

I am looking to get the repo out this weekend.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zooloo75 said:

I've seen a few large communities run the main branch of BloodLust on their servers without issues. One notable community is "3rd SFO".

Thanks for your feedback and work on this mod. I'll keep you informed if I notice any major loss in performances.

Version 2.48 is nearly ready for release!

Current changelog:

Improved texture preloading (enable via setting "BloodLust_IsTexturePreloadingEnabled" to "true" in the BloodLust Settings Menu).
Fixed bug where blood splatters didn't spawn when a unit was hit by an explosion.
Added config entry for explosion gib force.
Adjusted blood material to fix bright blood splatters.
Updated blood textures to look more realistic.
Reduced blood droplet size for bleeding.
Reduced blood smear size.

New blood textures!

FWIW, all new changes can be seen throughout development in the Github repo! https://github.com/zooloo75/BloodLust

• Like 2

uBamuSM.png

Version 2.48: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667953829

Improved texture preloading (enable via setting "BloodLust_IsTexturePreloadingEnabled" to "true" in the BloodLust Settings Menu).
+ Fixed bug where blood splatters didn't spawn when a unit was hit by an explosion.
+ Added config entry for explosion gib force.
+ Adjusted blood material to fix bright blood splatters.
+ Updated blood textures to look more realistic.
+ Reduced blood droplet size for bleeding.
+ Reduced blood smear size.

• Like 2

Hi zooloo75what setting  and value I must set on for ONLY One large puddle of blood per dead unit. I don`t want any other effect like bleeding e.t.c

ONLY One large puddle of blood per dead unit. Is it possible ?

1 minute ago, sammael said:

Hi zooloo75what setting  and value I must set on for ONLY One large puddle of blood per dead unit. I don`t want any other effect like bleeding e.t.c

ONLY One large puddle of blood per dead unit. Is it possible ?

This currently isn't possible, as blood pooling is tied to the bleeding mechanic.

Thanks for the update and continued work on this Zooloo,

an idea, question came to mind looking at your pics was for those units that have plates, or body armor, im thinking unless you shoot a high caliber bullet to penetrate all the way through

that is there a way to stop the splatter only on those units but just have the blood pool, that is if you shot them in the chest, im just throwing and idea out there,

dont know if its worth the time to do something like that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Thanks for the update and continued work on this Zooloo,

an idea, question came to mind looking at your pics was for those units that have plates, or body armor, im thinking unless you shoot a high caliber bullet to penetrate all the way through

that is there a way to stop the splatter only on those units but just have the blood pool, that is if you shot them in the chest, im just throwing and idea out there,

dont know if its worth the time to do something like that.

Good idea! I think this is possible. The logic could be something along the lines of:

If the body part that was hit is the torso, and the unit is wearing a plate carrier with a decent armor rating, do not spawn blood splatters.

• Like 2

Cool, I haven't actually tried it but do blood splatters work when a unit is in a vehicle that can be penetrated?

Like can you see blood splats on the windows, seats or walls of the vehicle?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Like can you see blood splats on the windows, seats or walls of the vehicle?

blood splats on windows would be cool.

• Like 1