An update that's long overdue.

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.42.zip

Official BloodLust Website: http://bitdungeon.org/arma/bloodlust/

Note: The server and clients must run the addon.

[11-26-2016] v2.42:
Added the ability to import and export settings via the BloodLust Settings menu.

5143c28449830ea6f0b1c861d9ee66c9.png

To demonstrate this new functionality, try importing these settings that I'm currently playing with:

Copy the following to your clipboard, then go into the BloodLust Settings menu and press the "Import" button.

[["BloodLust_MaxBloodSplatters",500],["BloodLust_MaxBleedSplatters",500],["BloodLust_MaxGibs",50],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIterationCaliberMultiplier",0.9],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIterations",10],["BloodLust_VaporizedBloodSplatterIterations",50],["BloodLust_VaporizedBloodSplatterJitterAmount",10],["BloodLust_VaporizationDamageThreshold",0.6],["BloodLust_IsVaporizationEnabled",true],["BloodLust_IsVaporizationEnabledOnPlayer",true],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterGroundMaxDistance",1.5],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIntersectionMaxDistance",4],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterJitterAmount",0.015],["BloodLust_BloodLustActivationDistance",200],["BloodLust_IsBleedingEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BleedDuration",3],["BloodLust_BleedFrequency",0.005],["BloodLust_BleedFrequencyVariance",0.05],["BloodLust_BleedSplatterJitterAmount",0.5],["BloodLust_BleedSoundAudibleVolume",4],["BloodLust_BleedSoundAudibleDistance",10],["BloodLust_IsBloodSprayEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BloodSprayFramerate",60],["BloodLust_IsGibbingEnabled",true],["BloodLust_GibIterations",3],["BloodLust_GibSpeed",1.75],["BloodLust_GibProbability",0.15],["BloodLust_GibbingProjectileSpeedThreshold",300],["BloodLust_VaporizationGibIterations",17],["BloodLust_VaporizationAmmoClassnames",["MissileCore","RocketCore","TimeBombCore","GrenadeCore","ShellCore","BombCore"]],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIntersectionBlackList",["#particlesource","dummyweapon.p3d","BloodSplatter_Plane","BloodSplatter_SprayPlane","BloodSplatter_MeatChunk_1","BloodSplatter_Brain","WeaponHolderSimulated","WeaponHolder","Thing","Man","AllVehicles","Default"]],["BloodLust_IsBloodSplatterMonitoringEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BloodSprayProbability",0.75],["BloodLust_BloodSprayIterations",7],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterProbability",1],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterMonitoringDelay",0.5],["BloodLust_GibBleedDuration",3],["BloodLust_GibCaliberThreshold",0.4],["BloodLust_IsCleanUpEnabled",false],["BloodLust_CleanUpDistance",100],["BloodLust_CleanUpDelay",30],["BloodLust_IsUnitVehicleCollisionEffectsEnabled",true],["BloodLust_UnitVehicleVaporizationCollisionSpeed",30],["BloodLust_UnitVehicleVaporizationProbability",0.25],["BloodLust_ExplosionBloodSplatterIterationMultiplier",30],["BloodLust_IsVaporizedHeatWaveEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BleedSmearSpacing",0.05],["BloodLust_ArterialBloodSprayFramerate",45],["BloodLust_ArterialBloodSprayProbability",1],["BloodLust_IsArterialBloodSprayEnabled",true],["BloodLust_ArterialBloodSprayDuration",1],["BloodLust_IsMultiplayerCoreEnabledInSingleplayer",false],["BloodLust_BloodSpraySoundAudibleVolume",1.5],["BloodLust_BloodSpraySoundAudibleDistance",7],["BloodLust_IsBloodSpraySoundEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BleedSmearDuration",5],["BloodLust_IsBloodLustEnabled",true],["BloodLust_IsVehicleCrewVaporizationEnabled",true],["BloodLust_IsVaporizedGibCamSwitchEnabled",false],["BloodLust_IsFallingVaporizationEnabled",true],["BloodLust_FallingVaporizationSpeedThreshold",20],["BloodLust_FallingVaporizationGibSpeedScalar",0.2],["BloodLust_ExplosionDamageThreshold",0.2]]
  • Like 5

FYI, just reuploaded version 2.42. Was missing the Keys folder for hosting on servers. If you're not hosting a server, you don't have to download again.

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.43.zip

[11-28-2016] v2.43:
Added settings to limit the total number of blood sprays.
Minor optimizations applied to blood spray animation function.
The game will now pause while in the BloodLust Settings menu.

Try out my latest settings:

[["BloodLust_MaxArterialBloodSprays",5],["BloodLust_MaxBloodSprays",5],["BloodLust_MaxBloodSplatters",500],["BloodLust_MaxBleedSplatters",500],["BloodLust_MaxGibs",50],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIterationCaliberMultiplier",0.9],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIterations",10],["BloodLust_VaporizedBloodSplatterIterations",50],["BloodLust_VaporizedBloodSplatterJitterAmount",10],["BloodLust_VaporizationDamageThreshold",0.6],["BloodLust_IsVaporizationEnabled",true],["BloodLust_IsVaporizationEnabledOnPlayer",true],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterGroundMaxDistance",1.5],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIntersectionMaxDistance",4],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterJitterAmount",0.015],["BloodLust_BloodLustActivationDistance",200],["BloodLust_IsBleedingEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BleedDuration",1],["BloodLust_BleedFrequency",0.005],["BloodLust_BleedFrequencyVariance",0.05],["BloodLust_BleedSplatterJitterAmount",0.5],["BloodLust_BleedSoundAudibleVolume",4],["BloodLust_BleedSoundAudibleDistance",10],["BloodLust_IsBloodSprayEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BloodSprayFramerate",120],["BloodLust_IsGibbingEnabled",true],["BloodLust_GibIterations",3],["BloodLust_GibSpeed",1.75],["BloodLust_GibProbability",0.15],["BloodLust_GibbingProjectileSpeedThreshold",300],["BloodLust_VaporizationGibIterations",17],["BloodLust_VaporizationAmmoClassnames",["MissileCore","RocketCore","TimeBombCore","GrenadeCore","ShellCore","BombCore"]],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterIntersectionBlackList",["#particlesource","dummyweapon.p3d","BloodSplatter_Plane","BloodSplatter_SprayPlane","BloodSplatter_MeatChunk_1","BloodSplatter_Brain","WeaponHolderSimulated","WeaponHolder","Thing","Man","AllVehicles","Default"]],["BloodLust_IsBloodSplatterMonitoringEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BloodSprayProbability",0.75],["BloodLust_BloodSprayIterations",7],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterProbability",1],["BloodLust_BloodSplatterMonitoringDelay",0.5],["BloodLust_GibBleedDuration",3],["BloodLust_GibCaliberThreshold",0.4],["BloodLust_IsCleanUpEnabled",true],["BloodLust_CleanUpDistance",100],["BloodLust_CleanUpDelay",30],["BloodLust_IsUnitVehicleCollisionEffectsEnabled",true],["BloodLust_UnitVehicleVaporizationCollisionSpeed",30],["BloodLust_UnitVehicleVaporizationProbability",0.25],["BloodLust_ExplosionBloodSplatterIterationMultiplier",30],["BloodLust_IsVaporizedHeatWaveEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BleedSmearSpacing",0.05],["BloodLust_ArterialBloodSprayFramerate",60],["BloodLust_ArterialBloodSprayProbability",1],["BloodLust_IsArterialBloodSprayEnabled",true],["BloodLust_ArterialBloodSprayDuration",1],["BloodLust_IsMultiplayerCoreEnabledInSingleplayer",false],["BloodLust_BloodSpraySoundAudibleVolume",1.5],["BloodLust_BloodSpraySoundAudibleDistance",7],["BloodLust_IsBloodSpraySoundEnabled",true],["BloodLust_BleedSmearDuration",5],["BloodLust_IsBloodLustEnabled",true],["BloodLust_IsVehicleCrewVaporizationEnabled",true],["BloodLust_IsVaporizedGibCamSwitchEnabled",false],["BloodLust_IsFallingVaporizationEnabled",true],["BloodLust_FallingVaporizationSpeedThreshold",20],["BloodLust_FallingVaporizationGibSpeedScalar",0.2],["BloodLust_ExplosionDamageThreshold",0.2]]
  • Like 3

Nice update!

But there is one thing that I haven't understood:

I see that the grenades vaporize soldiers, how I can set, that the grenades can't vaporize, but only high explosive rounds like rockets and shells to do it?

Sorry for the bad english.

Hey,

I've got a question since I use this mod, do we need to remake all the configuration in the ingame menu after deleting older version and replacing by the new one or is it all saved in another file for keeping configuration between each version ?

I think it's the second case, but I ask anyway.

Thanks !

Hey,

I've got a question since I use this mod, do we need to remake all the configuration in the ingame menu after deleting older version and replacing by the new one or is it all saved in another file for keeping configuration between each version ?

I think it's the second case, but I ask anyway.

Thanks !

Settings carry over between versions as long as I don't change the name of the settings, which I haven't yet.

Nice update!

But there is one thing that I haven't understood:

I see that the grenades vaporize soldiers, how I can set, that the grenades can't vaporize, but only high explosive rounds like rockets and shells to do it?

Sorry for the bad english.

Increase the BloodLust_VaporizationDamageThreshold.

Hey,

Thanks for your answer and your work on this great mod.

No problem! Enjoy!

• Like 1

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.44.zip

[11-28-2016] v2.44:
Replaced blood splatter monitoring algorithm, which removed splatters from destroyed buildings, with an event-driven system for better performance.
Vaporized gibs will now emit blood smears instead of blood droplets.

jbXV7xr.jpg

• Like 4

Which settings should I use to disable all effects but make and leave the effect of a large pool of blood after AI death ?

47bf0e6cd046.jpg

Some Littlebird action! Vaporization in effect ;)

• Like 2

i love the way vaporization works. it gives me flashbacks from the old quake games. also great to see you keep polishing this for more performance. arma is so clean and awkward without stuff like this.

• Like 2

Current changelog for v2.45:

Exposed all configurables to the BloodLust Settings Menu, expanding the usage of third-party/custom content for BloodLust.
Fixed issue where some settings wouldn't apply when imported.

------

I was able to replace the mod's blood splatter textures with some test images loaded in from the game's root directory (not packed in a PBO). This means that swapping of texture packs for BloodLust can be done on the fly! Simply place your textures somewhere in the ArmA directory, then replace the blood splatter texture paths in the BloodLust Settings Menu. For quicker access, once you do this, you can export your settings and share them with others.

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.45.zip

[12-3-2016] v2.45:
Exposed all configurables to the BloodLust Settings Menu, expanding the usage of third-party/custom content for BloodLust.
Fixed issue where some settings wouldn't apply when imported.
Fixed splatter rotation math (blood smears now rotate correctly, following the wound path, instead of being a random rotation).
Blood splatters are now rotated to visualize the projectile path.

:shoot: Please throw a few bucks my way!  :868:

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

• Like 6