Tweaked a bit around and it seems bleeding cause the most fps hits in average battles. I disabled it, for more performance. The mod is still very CPU intense, which causes noticeable stutters which wouldn't appear in vanilla and that in an already very CPU intense game. But so immersive as fuck  ;) Wah, it makes me sad.

I dont think its that cpu intense. For me its same with or without.

Try running the YAAB benchmark mission with Blood Lust on and off. You'll see a difference.. For me it's around 10 - 15 fps difference with the default Blood Lust settings.

My specs, FWIW:

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz

AMD Radeon R9 290 @ stock

• Like 1

Try running the YAAB benchmark mission with Blood Lust on and off. You'll see a difference.. For me it's around 10 - 15 fps difference with the default Blood Lust settings.

My specs, FWIW:

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz

AMD Radeon R9 290 @ stock

Yes, you are right. Its 27,1 vs 15,3 frames here.

• Like 1

YAABenchmark:

28.2 FPS Vanilla 

26.4 FPS CBA + BL (Bleeding off + Vaporization off) 
24.9 FPS CBA + BL (Bleeding off) 
16.0 FPS CBA + BL (Standard Settings)

I5- 4590 @ 3.3GHz
DDR3 8GB/1333Mhz
R9 280X (OC)
  • Like 2

YAABenchmark:

28.2 FPS Vanilla 

26.4 FPS CBA + BL (Bleeding off + Vaporization off) 

24.9 FPS CBA + BL (Bleeding off) 

16.0 FPS CBA + BL (Standard Settings)

I5- 4590 @ 3.3GHz

DDR3 8GB/1333Mhz

R9 280X (OC)

i run with an i5-4690 with ultra on, 3500 view distance, average around 26 during heavy combat with all settings on in kavala, usual is 35

• Like 1

i run with an i5-4690 with ultra on, 3500 view distance, average around 26 during heavy combat with all settings on in kavala, usual is 35

I recommend you to use YAAB, so we have all the same reference.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375092418 

The mission is very CPU heavy; you'll probably won't get much above 30 fps even on a high-end PC. 

Yea it looks outstanding.  I deal with the lil minor fps hiccups on intensive times just cus it's so worth it lmao.  

I mean blood splatting on walls I never thought I'd see that come true in an Arma game :D  

i5k prob why if I had an i7 would be another story.  

Is blood lust is causing instant death with Ace3 ???

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.41.zip

Official BloodLust Website: http://bitdungeon.org/arma/bloodlust/

Note: The server and clients must run the addon.

[7-2-2016] v2.41:
Fixed error in model configs (extra comma).
Fixed blood splatter shading (was too dark).
Fixed gib spawn position.

• Like 3

To PW6 team and zooloo75,

Version on thread  is V2.41 and on PW6 is V1.3.0.33.  Please use the matching version no. of the mod on PW6.

Regards.

For those asking if it works with ACE3, yep, it works fine: no strange behaviour, at least.  It's a graphical only effect, so "bleeding" in this mod isn't tied directly to whether the medical menu says you're "bleeding" in ACE3.  You will still continue bleeding for some time in ACE3 even if the immediate Blood Lust bleeding effects have expired.

I haven't actually had a chance to test if bandaging in ACE3 Medical stops the bleeding effect from flowing, since I'm usually too busy getting out of the situation that made me/them start bleeding to worry about bandaging at that exact moment. =)

This mod certainly makes ACE3 battlefield triage far easier.  Approach a guy who's lying on the ground, he's probably only unconscious and takes priority for diagnosis.  Approach a guy who's lying on the ground with a pool of blood around him, he was probably killed instantly.  (I still diagnose anyway.  I am not a moron. ;-))

• Like 1

I really like this mod, but for me there is one problem.

When a vehicle gets shot you instantly die.

So there is no chance you could use the ACE revive function.

I really like this mod, but for me there is one problem.

When a vehicle gets shot you instantly die.

So there is no chance you could use the ACE revive function.

Problem is, when you are dead you are dead. scnr :rolleyes:

Yes thats right, but normally a vehicle would not instantly explode when it gets hit.

Since the last arma update a strider or hunter instantly explodes when it gets hit with a rpg.

When you only play with some friends and the whole team in this vehicle is down, that makes no fun.

This mods dismemberment feature needs to be upgraded to work with Zombies and Demons Mod.

I think dismembered zombies would be an added and cool feature.

I'm pretty sure even in ACE vanilla, if the vehicle actually explodes all of the occupants are killed. Before I used Blood Lust, I've hit tanks with AT a few times and the crew disembarked, but if I managed a catastrophic one-shot kill, the crew didn't get out. This also applies when running Blood Lust with crew vaporisation disabled (which I do, since I'd rather see the fireball of the vehicle than to watch a spinning gib flying ;-)).

Blood Lust probably only checks to see if you've reached the "killed" eventHandler before gibbing you, although zooloo probably can give a final answer on that.

I suppose theoretically, what you're asking for is for an ACE feature -- make Hunters and Striders not explode catastrophically unless their fuel hitpoint was reduced to zero, rather than their hull.  We're in the same situation as Arma 2: vehicles blowing up is "cool" and BIS hasn't yielded to the idea that we don't always like "cool" over "realistic", but it's nearly impossible to mod in because exploding/killing crew upon reaching hull 0 is a fairly hardcode engine feature as I understand it.

When you use ACE Revive you get kicked out off the vehicle when it explodes and you are unconscious on the ground next to the car.

But with Bloodlust and ACE you are instantly dead when the vehicle gets hit.

As far as mod compatibility goes, if the many settings I've included don't fix issues with OTHER mods, then redirect the compatibility concerns to the respective developer(s) of the offending mod.

Thanks for the answer. I figured out how to disable the instant death.

Is there currently a way how I can force a setting for every player on a server, or has every player to change this setting manually?

Thanks for the answer. I figured out how to disable the instant death.

Is there currently a way how I can force a setting for every player on a server, or has every player to change this setting manually?

I'm sure it's possible to force certain settings via a mission script. If you're a clan, you could also redistribute your own modified version of BloodLust with hardcoded values.