Hi Zoo, after testing the new version with the blood sprays I've noticed that I have to have both texture and object on ultra otherwise weird square textures come out?

Yea, I had that issue during the transition. Had to disable shadows on the .p3d in object builder.

It seems that models without a shadow LOD will have soft shadows applied to them instead. Go into Object Builder, select all vertices, press E, then untick the Shadows checkbox.

Dammit, I knew it would be something obvious :D I say my object has unwanted shadows and the solution is to disable shadows. Everything I ever do is like this.

Good luck, can't wait to try out your version!

As I mentioned, mine will have a rather different flavour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/arma3%202016-05-08%2023-36-29-78_zpsawwmkuqk.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/arma3%202016-05-08%2023-53-54-45_zps2mb8lzck.jpg

• Like 3

Small update today. I will be working on an ingame settings menu for v2.0.

UPDATE!

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.9.zip

v1.9:

Bullet caliber now affects amount of blood splatter emitted.

Added more blood splatter textures.

Tweaked values.

• Like 3

Lovin those exit sprays! Thanks again zooloo75

Nice vid! Added to Steam Workshop page :)

• Like 1

Really like this mod. Thanks for the regular updates and improvements!

Keep up the good work. Gory but not too much :)

• Like 1

Thanks zooloo! Took a couple of hours nap and now there is v1.9. Yeah. Will try it after work. :)

1.8 rocks... nice work Zooloo

20160508075340_1_zpsd4syef6e.jpg

What mods are you using?

Also, Zooloo, is there a way to make this work with Zombies and Demons? The zombies don't seem to bleed like regular units do.

Had an interesting occurrence after sitting on a grenade. 

P6EmKnf.jpg

You gonna eat that?

• Like 1

The current version of this mod is outstanding, and I love how it is constantly updated and expanded. Great work Zoo.

I've just tested it and I'm happy to see that many imperfections of the previous releases were fixed, and that some great improvements were made. I'll surely try it again, again and again because, in my opinion, this mod is a must have.

I'm looking forward to seeing advanced head wounds and... and an MP compatible version as well... If/when possible, of course. (I hope it is)

Keep up the good work Zooloo, this is getting better every day.

• Like 1

The current version of this mod is outstanding, and I love how it is constantly updated and expanded. Great work Zoo.

I've just tested it and I'm happy to see that many imperfections of the previous releases were fixed, and that some great improvements were made. I'll surely try it again, again and again because, in my opinion, this mod is a must have.

I'm looking forward to seeing advanced head wounds and... and an MP compatible version as well... If/when possible, of course. (I hope it is)

Keep up the good work Zooloo, this is getting better every day.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am planning on a MP version of BloodLust. It'll be simplified for both performance-sake and because of the useful data I'd be missing for not using the HitPart event handler (which is one of the big things holding BL back from MP).

I personally don't play MP, since it's nothing but WasteLife, hence my lack of urgency to get this MP-compatible, but I do understand that there are some groups who actually do play ArmA the way it's meant to be played (don't bother arguing with me about this), and I do want to bring them one of the most anticipated features they've been waiting for for quite some time now.

-----------

I'd also like to add that in v2.0, I've randomized splatter rotations on surfaces -- before, splatters were always facing the same direction when they were placed on surfaces, this was something that I didn't notice until today, and thankfully with a bit of guidance from NetFusion on the math side of things, I've been able to get this fixed :)

• Like 4

Blood spray animations in slow-mo look gore-geous! Good work as always, zooloo. :thumb:

• Like 1

Dude it is a crime that this mod isn't multiplayer compatible. Just sayin'.

• Like 2

Got some help from Greenfist (author of the ReColor addon) on getting the settings menu accessible from the ingame escape menu. Shout out to him!

• Like 1

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.0.zip

v2.0:

Added ingame settings menu, accessible from the escape menu.

Swapped low health blood splatters with high health blood splatters for a more realistic effect.

Blood splatters on surfaces now have a random direction.

sF9ScGC.jpg

• Like 1

i cant keep up Zooloo lol...

1.9 works great... havent tried 2.0

fiddled around with the helmet idea with Head Gore and Bloodlust

• Like 7

Awesome, can't wait for the release!

Awesome though I think that it'd be better if the helmet-popping was maybe randomise, i.e. not 100%

• Like 4