Currently working on bleeding.

hey zooloo check this code out ... crack the mod open and see what he did..  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606289254&searchtext=bullet+casings

youll see he uses create vehicle to creat the casing. you could replace that with particle emmiter or what have you and have it spawn the default in game gib's which are very small by default. its easy to increase the size and live time of these particles. 

so that opens the door to several options if you use his code as a reference (no offence to your coding skills BY ANY MEANS!!!)

by that i mean you could either have someone / or create a few body parts... and have them createvehicle'd in or use particle effects to create a long lasting chunk of meat(in varous sizes and shapes..) 

you could do this for large calibur bullets , explosives and for vaporization... 

i know you said you were expanding upon vaporization i am guessing your looking at the slx code for reference. with the deleation and creation of the charred body parts..

I am LOVING where this is going Please take my idea into consideration i know im just a random dude, but i felt i need to put this up.  keep up the awesomely good work!!

• Like 2

hey zooloo check this code out ... crack the mod open and see what he did..  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606289254&searchtext=bullet+casings

youll see he uses create vehicle to creat the casing. you could replace that with particle emmiter or what have you and have it spawn the default in game gib's which are very small by default. its easy to increase the size and live time of these particles. 

so that opens the door to several options if you use his code as a reference (no offence to your coding skills BY ANY MEANS!!!)

by that i mean you could either have someone / or create a few body parts... and have them createvehicle'd in or use particle effects to create a long lasting chunk of meat(in varous sizes and shapes..) 

you could do this for large calibur bullets , explosives and for vaporization... 

i know you said you were expanding upon vaporization i am guessing your looking at the slx code for reference. with the deleation and creation of the charred body parts..

I am LOVING where this is going Please take my idea into consideration i know im just a random dude, but i felt i need to put this up.  keep up the awesomely good work!!

Thanks for the info. I was planning on doing something similar with gibbing for the vaporization effect.

Shouldn't this be moved to Complete section on the forums?

Shouldn't this be moved to Complete section on the forums?

Good point -- just need a moderator to move this. I wouldn't say the mod is complete though.

---UPDATE---

Blood Lust

[4-24-2016] v1.5:

Added bleeding (units will drip blood).

Download now available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.5.zip
Requires CBA!

HsJzjO9.jpg?1

Configurables:

MaxBloodSplatters                    = profileNamespace getVariable ["MaxBloodSplatters_v1.5", 500];
MaxBleedSplatters                    = profileNamespace getVariable ["MaxBleedSplatters_v1.5", 1500];
BloodSplatterIterations              = profileNamespace getVariable ["BloodSplatterIterations_v1.5", 3];
VaporizedBloodSplatterIterations     = profileNamespace getVariable ["VaporizedBloodSplatterIterations_v1.5", 6];
VaporizedBloodSplatterJitterAmount   = profileNamespace getVariable ["VaporizedBloodSplatterJitterAmount_v1.5", 10];
VaporizationDamageThreshold          = profileNamespace getVariable ["VaporizationDamageThreshold_v1.5", 15000];
IsVaporizationEnabled                = profileNamespace getVariable ["IsVaporizationEnabled_v1.5", true];
IsVaporizationEnabledOnPlayer        = profileNamespace getVariable ["IsVaporizationEnabledOnPlayer_v1.5", false];
MaxHitSelectionsPerEvent             = profileNamespace getVariable ["MaxHitSelectionsPerEvent_v1.5", 3];
MaxBloodSplattersPerEvent            = profileNamespace getVariable ["MaxBloodSplattersPerEvent_v1.5", 10];
BloodSplatterGroundMaxDistance       = profileNamespace getVariable ["BloodSplatterGroundMaxDistance_v1.5", 1.5];
BloodSplatterIntersectionMaxDistance = profileNamespace getVariable ["BloodSplatterIntersectionMaxDistance_v1.5", 4];
BloodSplatterJitterAmount            = profileNamespace getVariable ["BloodSplatterJitterAmount_v1.5", 0.25];
BloodLustActivationDistance          = profileNamespace getVariable ["BloodLustActivationDistance_v1.5", 2000];
IsBleedingEnabled                    = profileNamespace getVariable ["IsBleedingEnabled_v1.5", true];
BleedDuration                        = profileNamespace getVariable ["BleedDuration_v1.5", 15];
BleedFrequency                       = profileNamespace getVariable ["BleedFrequency_v1.5", 0.05];
BleedFrequencyVariance               = profileNamespace getVariable ["BleedFrequencyVariance_v1.5", 0.5];
BloodSplatterIntersectionBlackList   = profileNamespace getVariable ["BloodSplatterIntersectionBlackList_v1.5",
[
    "UserTexture1m_F",
    "WeaponHolderSimulated",
    "WeaponHolder",
    "Thing",
    "Man",
    "AllVehicles",    
    "Default"
]];

I smell features from COSLX in the air ;)

Zooloo you are on fire with these updates! Bleeding? Hell yeah being able to track enemies again will be awesome!

But on a side not, are you aware that bloodstains seem to remain being bright even in shadowed areas?

Zooloo you are on fire with these updates! Bleeding? Hell yeah being able to track enemies again will be awesome!

But on a side not, are you aware that bloodstains seem to remain being bright even in shadowed areas?

Yes, this is a limitation of using the UserTexture object for the splatter decals. I don't have experience importing or modifying models for ArmA3. Will need to find a tutorial on this. Also for gibbing, I can try to make my own 3D models in Blender -- just have to learn how to get it into ArmA. Maybe someone else with expertise in this area can point me in the right direction.

EDIT: Perhaps this will be of use -- http://friedenhq.org/?page_id=236

i personally think you should use the charred body parts objects from COSLX as place holders.... :)

i personally think you should use the charred body parts objects from COSLX as place holders.... :)

Would most likely be frowned upon for stealing assets.

• Like 1

Just recorded a video of v1.5, showing off the new bleeding feature.

• Like 2

What controls whether the individual is producing the continuous bleeding effect or not?

If it hasn't already been considered, perhaps an optional link to the ACE3 medical system, to check against whether or not that has the individual bleeding?

I can imagine any number of co-op situations involving the whole, "Hey man you're bleeding!" / "Ain't got time to bleed" :D

Would most likely be frowned upon for stealing assets.

yes this is true but you could just ask Gunter if you could use it.... :) right Gunter?

yes this is true but you could just ask Gunter if you could use it.... :) right Gunter?

Those models belong to solus as he is creator of SLX mod - tho he did hand the reins to the community once he said he was done and that was some years ago. As said before, they are fun but not always appropriate aka for a rifle shot to charr-broil and explode somebody. Would be great to have some new ones but he said he needs help with transferring models from Blender to Arma3.

• Like 1

Good day! Now we can use this mod in multiplayer? I connected this mod in multiplayer but it did not work fully. Splashes of blood work, but can not see stains on the ground and surfaces.

Those models belong to solus as he is creator of SLX mod - tho he did hand the reins to the community once he said he was done and that was some years ago. As said before, they are fun but not always appropriate aka for a rifle shot to charr-broil and explode somebody. Would be great to have some new ones but he said he needs help with transferring models from Blender to Arma3.

Yep yep! Was planning on creating chunks of meat, flesh, bits of bone, and perhaps burned cloth to scatter around from an explosion. I personally didn't like the piece of charcoal that spawned in SLX (no offense).