Decided not to keep this feature, but instead repurpose it for smearing when a unit is prone and bleeding. Looks much more natural than blood drops emitting when a unit is crawling away from the carnage.

Hah, nice, I got this in as well :D it adds to the "story" when you find such a trail.

• Like 1

Hah, nice, I got this in as well :D it adds to the "story" when you find such a trail.

Sure does!

All the gore definitely paints a picture of what happened. In vanilla ArmA, you see a guy slumped over with some pizza sauce underneath him. With BloodLust you see a guy with blood dripping from his wounds, blood splattered against the wall behind him, a trail of blood smeared along the ground where he was crawling to his final resting place, and chunks of flesh nearby of his unlucky comrade.

Looking back on the first few pages of this thread really puts a smile on my face. Seeing how far this mod has come since its initial development, how all of the features I proposed are now implemented, and the community's involvement and support, really is outstanding. I'm damn proud of this.

• Like 4

So you should be ZooLoo. You have taken a simple concept and taken it so far that it is really a gallmark of what a dedicated individual can achieve. Not only have you made ArmA more immersive and of course violent, but you have portrayed gore in a tasteful way that adds immersion and realism to the game.

An outstanding job of which you should be proud as punch, I look forward to seeing what comes next!

• Like 3

In v2.2, disable Blood in the "Game Options" menu. I've modified the "Man" class to use the blood impact effects, regardless if the blood is disabled. This removes the pizza sauce blood pools whilst retaining the blood mists.

8ifork6.jpg

• Like 2

Good news, re-added blood smearing on surfaces! Got it to a point where it looks good. Shooting units that are against a wall and watching them slump over, leaving a smear of blood on the wall behind as they make their descent to the ground is quite satisfying.

Has brain splatter been removed? A few versions back if I shot someone's head on the ground there would be a nice brain splatter?

Has brain splatter been removed? A few versions back if I shot someone's head on the ground there would be a nice brain splatter?

I'll slip something in for you in v2.2 ;)

Added arterial bleeding. Blood will spray out of wounds for a duration during bleeding.

Also added in texture preloading to improve texture load times for blood sprays (should reduce the semi-transparent, red, rectangular texture effect).

sNiz5HR.jpg

• Like 4

Boom

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.2.zip

Official BloodLust Webpage: http://bitdungeon.org/arma/bloodlust/

Version 2.2:

• Modified the "Man" class to emit blood regardless if blood is disabled in the Game Settings (this is for those who want to keep blood mists but remove the pizza sauce blood pools from the base game).
  • Improved performance on explosive handling -- now handled by dedicated Explosion event handler (also resulting in better damage accuracy).
  • Blood splatters from vaporization now utilize new blood splatter system, resulting in blood on walls, and ceilings.
  • Bleeding wounds will now smear across surfaces (such as when a unit is shot against a wall and slumps over).
  • Improved blood splatter monitoring (removes blood splatters that are at invalid positions).
  • Added speed threshold for blood to emit from gibs, preventing bleed spam.
  • Added texture preloading to cache blood textures for quicker loading.
  • Replaced the two ugly oval blood splatters with more natural shapes.
  • Added arterial blood spray (blood will spray out during bleeding).
  • Added blood mist to vaporization effect (courtesy of BadBenson).
  • Increased variety of vaporization blood splatter textures.
  • Vaporization is now enabled on the player by default.
  • Overhauled blood splatter system (complete rewrite).
  • Explosion force now determines vaporized gib speed.
  • Enhanced vaporization gib selection algorithm.
  • Added heat wave effect to vaporized objects.
  • Fixed timing issues with splatter spawning.
  • Increased default bleed duration.
  • Made blood slightly transparent.
  • Added hand and arm gibs.
  • Like 6

Added arterial bleeding. Blood will spray out of wounds for a duration during bleeding.

Also added in texture preloading to improve texture load times for blood sprays (should reduce the semi-transparent, red, rectangular texture effect).

sNiz5HR.jpg

OMMFG....... this is awesome. 

i can only hope that one day this can be ace compatible...

Awesome mod Zooloo, its the one mod that has made Arma 3 worth playing, for me anyway.

Any idea why the blood effects don't seem to work with Zombies and Demons? I've seen people using it with older versions so perhaps they've changed something, but it doesn't work with the latest versions. 

McnRLC2.jpg

Hey zooloo75, I wonder if you'd consider the possibility to add steam rising off dead bodies and larger pools of blood/gore for a short while. It'd really add a bit of immersion , especially on colder maps / during colder periods.

• Like 2

Hey zooloo75, I wonder if you'd consider the possibility to add steam rising off dead bodies and larger pools of blood/gore for a short while. It'd really add a bit of immersion , especially on colder maps / during colder periods.

Pools of blood are planned. Will experiment with the steam idea, thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1

Pools of blood are planned. Will experiment with the steam idea, thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry, I meant steam rising off bodies and rising off pools of blood! Drop me a PM if you want any input into steam particle fx

• Like 2

This is goddamn great! So much progress since the last time I've checked the mod :) Keep rockin' the Armaverse, babe! :D

Nice!! This mod keeps getting better & better. Keep up the great work. Thanks. Zooloo75, you're not a mortician with your day job are you? ;-)

damn man ive been following your mod for long but i have to logged in this day

you and your mod are the reason why i still plays arma 3

combind with RAGDOLL from ACE3 and St killshot mod = MINDBLOWN

this bring intense to sniper fight

keep up good work man i hope you can improve the wound when getting shot if its possible its goin to be sick !

ragdoll from ace3 is pretty amazing but anyone know how to just use only ragdoll but not all the other features ?

i made these images below just to show how realistic it is right now even me it feels so violent which i love but this hit me in the feel with ACE3 where you shoot your gun so loud your ears will be shut like in you got flashbang damn

http://imgur.com/a/lT3el

I do like your mod but I have to say body vaporization is kinda bad, meat chunks look like from first Half-Life and they are bright red. Can you make a simple low poly, arm, leg  and torso shape and just give it that darker grey color and that's it. No need for organs just simple body parts. 

Now this is kinda bad example because it's a baby doll, but something like this, just burned body parts and that's it.

As everything else, nice man, really nice :D

I do like your mod but I have to say body vaporization is kinda bad, meat chunks look like from first Half-Life and they are bright red. Can you make a simple low poly, arm, leg  and torso shape and just give it that darker grey color and that's it. No need for organs just simple body parts. 

Now this is kinda bad example because it's a baby doll, but something like this, just burned body parts and that's it.

Creepiest thing I've seen in a while...

• Like 2