uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.4.zip

Official BloodLust Webpage: http://bitdungeon.org/arma/bloodlust/

Note: The server and clients must run the addon.

[6-10-2016] v2.4:
Added parameter validation on BloodLust_CreateBloodSpray to prevent possible script error.
Added vaporization effect to units which are killed from a high-speed fall.
Added blood splatters for units hit by explosions.
Added more blood splatter textures.
Fixed cleanup functionality not executing.
Added credits button to BloodLust Settings menu.
Added large blood splatter model for vaporization damage.

• Like 4

Demo vid of the new "Splat" feature in the next update.

omg did he diededed? :o

• Like 1

Demo vid of the new "Splat" feature in the next update.

If you go on like this, we'll soon have a new DOOM :P

• Like 2

Love this mod, but the new arma graphic update is horrid, graphics just dont look real anymore, to green and white, to garish, hope they go back to the old realistic look.

I've added a large splatter in addition to the smaller ones in the next update. Thanks for the feedback :)

I did increase the brightness of the blood for the new visual update, you may need to adjust your brightness and contrast ingame, as it looks right to me.

The new splatters look incredible. 

Also with regard to the darker textures,  I've found that the ground textures are generally perfect, spot on for color and such, but wall textures seem to be dark/black. I've included some pictures. 

http://imgur.com/a/d2AjW

Must agree the wall splatters are a bit dark.

An idea for the wall splatters, maybe already asked/suggested is to make it so that the blood runs down the wall, depending on the amount of blood splattered.

Love this mod, but the new arma graphic update is horrid, graphics just dont look real anymore, to green and white, to garish, hope they go back to the old realistic look.

What. Are you serious?

• Like 1

What. Are you serious?

Yes 100% serious, have you not seen others mention it on forums ? way to saturated and vivid colours, not real, especially on custom desert maps like takistan.

Yes 100% serious, have you not seen others mention it on forums ? way to saturated and vivid colours, not real, especially on custom desert maps like takistan.

Perhaps it is you who has not seen other people mention on the forums that there are new settings you can use to customise the post-processing effects (including colour saturation and brightness).

Anyway, back on topic - I'm glad to see this mod gain MP compatibility. Long may the updates continue.

• Like 2

Perhaps it is you who has not seen other people mention on the forums that there are new settings you can use to customise the post-processing effects (including colour saturation and brightness).

Anyway, back on topic - I'm glad to see this mod gain MP compatibility. Long may the updates continue.

So that just proves mine and others point, so we have to mess with settings to get it back to how it was ? anyway back on topic, love bloodlust mod.

So that just proves mine and others point, so we have to mess with settings to get it back to how it was ? anyway back on topic, love bloodlust mod.

This is going to be my last reply to not steer this thread off topic. I love the new photoreal graphics.

Love the mod Zooloo75. Thank you for creating it.

• Like 1

Hey dude, love the mod! 

I think a good idea for feature is to make the blood textures visible in thermal vision. it'd work a treat with the new thermal vision from apex. 

only if possible of course.

the last few version seem to give massive performance hits and will turn arma 3 into a slide show this didn't happen with the earlier versions for me and im wondering if anyone else has the same problem   

Really like your mod. Finally, a mod which addresses 'that' kind of realism. I still need to tweak the config to manage the significant performance hits, but i also hope there will be some improvements in the future without turning off all the options  :) 
Not a big deal, but is the color of fresh blood a little bit too dark? I think there is a bias about blood being so dark.  :ph34r: 

Could yall please describe the average scenario you guys experience performance issues? Is it in singleplayer or multiplayer? Many units?

Thanks!

No performance issues here but i can confirm the black blood weirdness http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271720913757406378/9D31D34B8FC4156F29C73167A2D8AAFBB8973477/

Time of day/shaders affect nothing, straight up black.

Also, drones apprently gib despite having no people in them. (this was tested on the apex falcon so maybe its just a dev bug)

I'm curious, has anyone found a sweet spot in the vaporizing config where people caught in the direct blast area are vaporized but those further out are ragdolled? I want some vaporization, but not an entire squad when a bomb or artillary round lands on top of them, just the ones unfortunate enough to be caught in the middle.

• Like 1

No performance issues here but i can confirm the black blood weirdness http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271720913757406378/9D31D34B8FC4156F29C73167A2D8AAFBB8973477/

Time of day/shaders affect nothing, straight up black.

Also, drones apprently gib despite having no people in them. (this was tested on the apex falcon so maybe its just a dev bug)

No performance issues here either. Also yes, black blood. The issue seems to be only with regard to wall splatters. Ground splatters are fine. Might be an issue with the blood object getting shadow cast on it from things its placed on or some weirdness? Doesn't happen with ground splatters. 

Wasn't an issue in earlier versions, not sure if its a bug related to the new(ish) object base splatters. 

I'm curious, has anyone found a sweet spot in the vaporizing config where people caught in the direct blast area are vaporized but those further out are ragdolled? I want some vaporization, but not an entire squad when a bomb or artillary round lands on top of them, just the ones unfortunate enough to be caught in the middle.

Yeah I'd be keen for a bit of help here too! 

Tweaked a bit around and it seems bleeding cause the most fps hits in average battles. I disabled it, for more performance. The mod is still very CPU intense, which causes noticeable stutters which wouldn't appear in vanilla and that in an already very CPU intense game. But so immersive as fuck  ;) Wah, it makes me sad.