I might be able to offer a function hook which allows for people to add on to the BloodLust events to add in new functionality. Maybe just have a global variable list that contains functions that BloodLust will call upon, sending a certain set of arguments. Should allow for easy extensibility from 3rd parties.

Gonna thank and blame Evil Organ for gifting me XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Been getting carried away in that game, lots of fun!

Also, here's the torso gib in all its high-poly glory.

http://imgur.com/a/IddYj

This is all that's left to do!

C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightringfinger.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightthumb.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightupperarm.obj
C:\_Software\_ArmA\BloodLust\trunk\_Resources\Models\Gibs\rightupperleg.obj

On a separate note:

For the MP version of BloodLust, I want to work closely with a multiplayer community which likes close quarters PVP. I'd like to make a little deathmatch arena mission which will also be the test-bed for the MP port. What I'll need is access to a server where I can freely upload updates of the mission and addon, and an active bunch of people to help test out at a moments notice (I am in the Central timezone). A Teamspeak server is also preferred for quick communication with said members.

which program do u use for making that model ? well done with texture and bumping , would be nice if you put a little bit of anatomy but yeah its good anyway but right now the shape it not look like human

Hmm, does a body instantly carbonized from an explosion? It would be fresh meat.

Bodies also "explode" from common FMJ .50 and .338 hits. Even lower calibers HP´s. Bodies are made of water, which is incompressible. So, under a high energy transfer, upon impact, the hydrostatic shock makes the bodies "explode" but without any carbonization.

• Like 1

I think I may have found the source of the huge framerate drop when an explosion goes off...

h38LGxn.jpg

It's creating these impact/particle effects on every single blood splatter object in the area. Any idea on how to fix this -- hopefully it's something I just have to change in my config?

class BloodSplatter_Plane : NonStrategic
{
        scope = 1;
	model = "\BloodSplatter\Models\Plane\BloodSplatter_Plane.p3d";
	displayName = "Blood Splatter";
	faction = "Default";
	vehicleClass = "Misc";
	hiddenSelections[] = { "BloodSplatter_Plane" };
};

EDIT: I think I've fixed it -- BadBenson suggested adding:

destrType = "DestructNo";

EDIT2: Yep, that did the trick!

TL;DR Explosions no longer cause 10 second pauses now :)

• Like 2

For froggyluv and others who want to add more functionality to BloodLust:

I've added pre and post event handler hooks for BloodLust events in v2.3 which you can add your own functions to. It passes the original/unmodified event handler arguments to your functions. This should fix any timing issues and sequencing of custom events based on BloodLust.

BloodLust_OnUnitHitPartPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitHitPartPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitExplosionPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitExplosionPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitKilledPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitKilledPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitHitPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitHitPostEventHandlers = [];

Simply pushBack your function into one of these collections like so:

MyTag_OnUnitExplosionPostEventHandler =
{
	_unit = _this select 0;
	_damage = _this select 1;
	_isUnitVaporized = _unit getVariable ["BloodLust_IsVaporized", false];
        if(_isUnitVaporized) then
        {
	       player globalChat (format ["Oh dear, %1 exploded :O", name _unit]);
        };
};

BloodLust_OnUnitExplosionPostEventHandlers pushBack MyTag_OnUnitExplosionPostEventHandler;

EDIT: Also added in EH hooks for Blood, Bleed, Smear, and Gib creation events. They pass the respective object to your function(s) and call after BloodLust manipulates the object (such as rotations, setting velocities, etc). All of the event hook collections can be found in the new "EventHooks.sqf" script.

• Like 2

here is what i was talking about

i'm not a good modeling but like i said if you can improve shape it will be much more interesting !

i'm not here for showing off , i just like the mod and most of it i just want to help

i made it 30mins with low polygons , low details so dont expect it would looking so realistic

w5yL7CV.png

Kv3Mc0z.png

2VbwOYR.png

• Like 3

here is what i was talking about

i'm not a good modeling but like i said if you can improve shape it will be much more interesting !

i'm not here for showing off , i just like the mod and most of it i just want to help

i made it 30mins with low polygons , low details so dont expect it would looking so realistic

w5yL7CV.png

Kv3Mc0z.png

2VbwOYR.png

Nice. If you can redo the gibs, feel free to do so and I'll use them. I am using the game's character model as a base mesh.

zooloo75 just tell me what you need and i will get it done :D

whats gibs u are looking for ?

anyway you can do texture stuff right ?

last question whats maximum number of polygons that allowed in game ?

tell me what you want i will try my best

maybe i can get you the arms legs , fingers , face too

i think it would be nice if sometime body doesnt explode like all the parts seperate from each other arm , head , legs , chest

sometime it would have like chest and one leg or one arm or head together

sorry my english suck but if you can do the random body explode like i said i would be helping you making a model which have head,arm together something like that

I´m not good at editing scripts or mission ini files, so will there be a way to make it work with full features automatically, just by installing the v2.3?

I´m not good at editing scripts or mission ini files, so will there be a way to make it work with full features automatically, just by installing the v2.3?

Make what work?

zooloo75 just tell me what you need and i will get it done :D

whats gibs u are looking for ?

anyway you can do texture stuff right ?

last question whats maximum number of polygons that allowed in game ?

tell me what you want i will try my best

maybe i can get you the arms legs , fingers , face too

i think it would be nice if sometime body doesnt explode like all the parts seperate from each other arm , head , legs , chest

sometime it would have like chest and one leg or one arm or head together

sorry my english suck but if you can do the random body explode like i said i would be helping you making a model which have head,arm together something like that

I'd really prefer that the models be textured. A majority of the time spent on v2.3 was just recreating the gibs from the ArmA3 character model with my very limited modeling skills. It's a lot of work (for me at least).

I don't mind doing the conversion work to get your models into the game, but if you're serious about this, I'd need full sets of gibs, such as: arms, legs, fingers, hands, torso, feet, toes, head, bones, flesh, etc. The effect occurs from explosions, so keep that in mind for the theme. You can even create different sets or variations of gibs, and I can code in functionality for such to choose a random set of gibs.

It's up to you.

On a different note:

BloodLust_OnUnitHitPartPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitHitPartPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitExplosionPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitExplosionPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitKilledPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitKilledPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitHitPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitHitPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitBleedPreEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnUnitBleedPostEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnGibCreatedEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnBloodSplatterCreatedEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnBleedSplatterCreatedEventHandlers = [];
BloodLust_OnSmearSplatterCreatedEventHandlers = [];

I've also included some example scripts in the addon to demo the event hooks. This will allow those who want to create new functionality for BloodLust, do so with ease.

This was banned on the workshop? Seriously?...

Well. Now I'z just gotts to have it!!!

This was banned on the workshop? Seriously?...

Well. Now I'z just gotts to have it!!!

Yep, it /was/ banned.

Hi Mate, Just noticed the thread title.
If your open I'm willing to offer the services of my MP Community.

We have helped with development of a number of other mods such as MCC, Ryan Zombies, Leights Opfor and ZISHC.

My group has a dedicated server and a freely available repository and we are more than willing to test and help develop blood lust for use in multiplayer and on dedicated servers.

If that is the kind of thing you're looking for add me on steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073549909/

• Like 1

Make what work?

The parameters of Bloodlust. Now I´figure out you just have to press "Esc" to enter the Bloodlust menu.

Too bad it was banned :(

Good news everyone, I've finished all the gibs (18 gibs total)! Perhaps it's time to work on the MP component ;)

• Like 6

Dont know if its something with settings, or with ACE, but when I kill enemies using a tank cannon and get near them, the FPS just die.

I think I will give it another go, but this time I will turn off everything and just try to configure the blood to show up when shooting people, but without staying and lagging the game.

Dont know if its something with settings, or with ACE, but when I kill enemies using a tank cannon and get near them, the FPS just die.

I think I will give it another go, but this time I will turn off everything and just try to configure the blood to show up when shooting people, but without staying and lagging the game.

Check a page or so back. Fixed this issue in the next update.

thx for replied i will do my best , it might take some time

i will keep update the model and stuff

will try my best to finish all in today but not including Texture stuff

thx for replied i will do my best , it might take some time

i will keep update the model and stuff

will try my best to finish all in today but not including Texture stuff

There's no rush. Whenever you're ready, let me know and I'll do what I can to try and get your work ingame. Thanks again :)

just a workinprogress

head damaged from explosive maybe zombie ? haha idk cant remember what real people got damaged from explosive look like and will never try to watch , research again lol

KozXEAx.png

xqi4fvU.png

FU2VIox.png

There's no rush. Whenever you're ready, let me know and I'll do what I can to try and get your work ingame. Thanks again :)

no worries if my model is not working or you find a better one which match your mod , just go for it

i will do what i can do , i might just done parts of the body caz i'm kind of lazy person haha

• Like 3

just a workinprogress

head damaged from explosive maybe zombie ? haha idk cant remember what real people got damaged from explosive look like and will never try to watch , research again lol

KozXEAx.png

xqi4fvU.png

FU2VIox.png

no worries if my model is not working or you find a better one which match your mod , just go for it

i will do what i can do , i might just done parts of the body caz i'm kind of lazy person haha

Damn, that's really good!