For some reason I can't get this to work.

Me either... just put the complete folder @BloodLust into my Arma folder, like every other mod and added it to the startup parameters... I don't get any splatters etc.

Me either... just put the complete folder @BloodLust into my Arma folder, like every other mod and added it to the startup parameters... I don't get any splatters etc.

Do you have CBA?

Disable vaporization if you don't like the current state of it. It's a WIP feature.

thank you. understand

Do you have CBA?

I do, the latest version. Tried it without any other mods, even. Just BloodLust and CBA. Stable build.

I do, the latest version. Tried it without any other mods, even. Just BloodLust and CBA. Stable build.

Are you using the Steam Workshop distribution of BloodLust, Armaholic, or my mirror?

Are you using the Steam Workshop distribution of BloodLust, Armaholic, or my mirror?

Armaholic.

Armaholic.

I'll test out the Armaholic distro tonight, though to my knowledge, it should be identical to my mirror. Do note that I play on the DEV build, so give that a shot in the mean time if you don't mind.

You can also try the Steam build or my mirror and see if that makes a difference.

• Like 2

I'll test out the Armaholic distro tonight, though to my knowledge, it should be identical to my mirror. Do note that I play on the DEV build, so give that a shot in the mean time if you don't mind.

You can also try the Steam build or my mirror and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks m8! I'm also running CBA latest version and I'm using the version you provided with the link on the first page of this thread. 

Tried using it without any other mods as well, no luck  :(

Thanks m8! I'm also running CBA latest version and I'm using the version you provided with the link on the first page of this thread.

Tried using it without any other mods as well, no luck :(

Do you see the red "BloodLust Settings" button in the escape menu ingame? If so, it's loaded but maybe the effects don't seem apparent.

If not, then there's an issue with the mod loading.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't provide more hands-on support.

Hey, I've been playing around with your mod, tweaking the blood and trying to make it multiplayer compatible. This wouldn't work for a public server setting, but the idea I'm using is to split the mod into two, one that initializes units and other that has the function to draw the blood. This gets around the whole locality issue with the hitpart event handler.

Other than that I've tried creating a seperate rvmat for the surface textures so that they're lighter and making the textures slightly transparent (0.95 opacity).

https://vgy.me/8YcFFB.png

I think this adds a nice effect. Good luck with your mod.

• Like 1

Also, I'm trying to see if I can make the bleeding compatible with ace, terminating it if the unit isn't bleeding as per ace medical.

• Like 1

Do you see the red "BloodLust Settings" button in the escape menu ingame? If so, it's loaded but maybe the effects don't seem apparent.

Yeah the settings menu does appear. Tried it with your mirror, also, but no luck either.

Hey, I've been playing around with your mod, tweaking the blood and trying to make it multiplayer compatible. This wouldn't work for a public server setting, but the idea I'm using is to split the mod into two, one that initializes units and other that has the function to draw the blood. This gets around the whole locality issue with the hitpart event handler.

Other than that I've tried creating a seperate rvmat for the surface textures so that they're lighter and making the textures slightly transparent (0.95 opacity).

https://vgy.me/8YcFFB.png

I think this adds a nice effect. Good luck with your mod.

Looks great!

Also may I suggest adding a BL_var_ prefix to your variables? It's a good idea to keep them unique to avoid some other mod accidentally conflicting. Should use bl_fnc_ for functions, although you can also just use the functions library and it will prefix is automatically. It's cleaner than defining in a script file.

• Like 1

I can see the menu as well. 

Also may I suggest adding a BL_var_ prefix to your variables? It's a good idea to keep them unique to avoid some other mod accidentally conflicting. Should use bl_fnc_ for functions, although you can also just use the functions library and it will prefix is automatically. It's cleaner than defining in a script file.

Good idea.

I can see the menu as well. 

Do you mind if I remote in via Teamviewer to troubleshoot?

(don't bother arguing with me about this)

The beauty is, any argument against that is an invalid argument anyway.  Arma 3 is by default a purebred milsim, and any mods for it are not the way it is meant by Bohemia to be played, by definition.  So WasteLife (I am definitely using that expression from now on) may be popular but that's only because of goons and "cazs".  Daggum, kids and lawns, c'mere a minute, etc.

Technically your mod is also "not the way it's meant to be played", but it is certainly so massively immersive and well done that it should be.  I still feel a little ill using it, although that's definitely a good thing, since part of humanity is to recognise the boundaries of inhumanity.  Sadly, though, I doubt even Bohemia could sell an AO rated game in a mainstream market -- certainly Steam doesn't allow them.  I'm surprised that your mod managed to trip that level of "extreme" on the Workshop, though -- it's no more gorey or violent than New Vegas, as I mentioned earlier.

m7caTea.jpg

Heh, that picture totally makes me think of Blade Runner -- the replicant just sitting down and expiring.  "Time to die."

The pools of blood sort of belie that, though...

• Like 3

Do you mind if I remote in via Teamviewer to troubleshoot?

Yes sure, how can we get in touch? 

Awesome, can't wait for the release!

Full disclosure... may never happen

2 main things I need to address is

a different physx object, which I could do

But larger issue

- a lot of mods don't have static helmets and headgear configured except as equipment as far as I can tell. If I could config that it would take some work but then it might be doable... not sure I can do that to say something like rhs without a ton of config work

Tiny update. Going to be taking a break for a while. I'm beginning to lose interest in programming, and don't see much reason to continue in this field in general. Maybe the last update for quite some time...

uBamuSM.png

UPDATE

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v2.02.zip

v2.02:

Added settings regarding blood sprays and blood splatter probability.

Fixed bug where player could be vaporized, regardless if the setting was toggled off.

Added mod image.