Man cant wait for that spikey bloodlettin!

Anyheys heres link for my scream mod https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62320088/%40FrogScreams.rar

Id like to eventually tie severity of yells in with severity of hits -also dont know if anyone notice but in my GoreInc video posted earlier in this thread, I had guys scream different stuff when seeing nightmarish stuff around them like "Oh this is bullshit!!!" when soemone nearby exploded in GIBS. That was all dynamic I put in Slx Wounds, but Im gonna be putting that down now as between this and GoreHeads, everything is nicely covered.

Tried out your mod! Love it! :D

• Like 1

So Blood Lust + Head Gore + Froggy's scream mod = one hell of a good time, and I am sure 1.8 is gonna make it even better! 

stTCRqD.jpg

7AuicwU.jpg

• Like 2

UPDATE!

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.8.zip

v1.8:

Expanded upon vaporization with a new gib model and more blood splatters.

Added blood spray animations for exit wounds.

Added weight to gibs, reducing bounciness.

Bug fixes (such as floating bleed splatters) and code refactoring.

Spent most of the day finishing the implementation of blood sprays, squashing bugs (gah!!! majority of the day wasted here), and refactoring the code base.  

Consider donating beer money. I seriously need it.

:beeeers: 

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

I can't even begin to express what wonders this mod has done for spicing up my firefights- though it has made me more prone to laughing giddily as the guy next to me explodes into a shower of gibs.

My own questionable reaction to stuff blowing up aside, this is an excellent mod, and it's really filled a hole in my install I didn't know I had- thank you!

• Like 1

Good news about the update: with the implementation of my animation system, this brings potential for animated splatters and other effects. Maybe blood pools forming?

Preliminary- ahem- testing is going well. Very well.

20160507220659_1_zpsvr8hq1uc.jpg

20160507220328_1_zpsukxes1sl.jpg

Though putting a high explosive round into a tightly-grouped pack of enemies tanks my frames- not really a surprise, haha.

Hate to say it but that top pic looks ridiculous, looks cartoonish, you'd never see that in real life, it isn't believable, maybe beliveable if it was a small vapor cloud but not a huge

splash like the guy is a walking blood water balloon.

Blood on the ground is overkill I mean your getting hit by a small piece of metal if not a bit bigger depending on the size of the rd and gun its coming from.

Imo blood is believable when someone is dead and theres a pool of blood there because the body is bleeding, but to have a huge splatter mark on the ground tells you that the would be victim

is running around with an extra 5 gallons of blood in a backpack when he gets hit. Maybe hes a medic, lol

Can we tone it down just a tad so it dont look like a bomb went off next to people every time you shoot someone with a non50cal weapon.

• Like 4

To be fair- I took that at 0.01 timescale- think that's messing with the effects. A regular 7.62 round at normal speed causes a much less significant splatter

20160507222522_1_zpsfksqrg3f.jpg

An ATGM into a group of about 8 people is a bit more beefy, but not generating the same kind of lakes of blood I got with a low timescale

20160507223529_1_zpsp0alh5ht.jpg

So- uh- think that was more of a mistake on my end than the intended effect of the mod, sorry!

Hate to say it but that top pic looks ridiculous, looks cartoonish, you'd never see that in real life, it isn't believable, maybe beliveable if it was a small vapor cloud but not a huge

splash like the guy is a walking blood water balloon.

Blood on the ground is overkill I mean your getting hit by a small piece of metal if not a bit bigger depending on the size of the rd and gun its coming from.

Imo blood is believable when someone is dead and theres a pool of blood there because the body is bleeding, but to have a huge splatter mark on the ground tells you that the would be victim

is running around with an extra 5 gallons of blood in a backpack when he gets hit. Maybe hes a medic, lol

Can we tone it down just a tad so it dont look like a bomb went off next to people every time you shoot someone with a non50cal weapon.

Definitely something wrong with his screenshots, lol, but you do bring up a good point. Right now, blood splatter size depends on the health of the body part hit. This could be combined with different texture sets depending on an ammo caliber range as well.

Definitely something wrong with his screenshots, lol, but you do bring up a good point. Right now, blood splatter size depends on the health of the body part hit. This could be combined with different texture sets depending on an ammo caliber range as well.

Well I think it is good that is a little more blood the "realistic" We have like never had blood in this game since OFP times. I like the current development :)

I would like to see blood washing away during rainy weather. This is something you see in real life and video as opposed to video games. AKA, if it's dumping rain, a pool of blood should displace very quickly, especially if at an angle.

Of course, I'm sure this would be exceptionally difficult to implement in A3.

Edit: I almost typed A4--ain't that some shit?

I would like to see blood washing away during rainy weather. This is something you see in real life and video as opposed to video games. AKA, if it's dumping rain, a pool of blood should displace very quickly, especially if at an angle.

Of course, I'm sure this would be exceptionally difficult to implement in A3.

Edit: I almost typed A4--ain't that some shit?

Cool idea, but that'd be a pain in the ass to implement (mostly due to art assets), and it wouldn't be too great on performance.

I wonder if it is possible to add blood on/in the water. Maybe a script that would change RGB of water to dark red would do a trick?

@froggyluv....thanks for sharing.  ;)

• Like 1

Would a 203 really do that to a group of people? The people exploding into pieces of meat would be better reserved for c4, arty and larger explosions etc :)

Still not signed or any server keys, will it ever happen?

Its not MP compatible yet, hes working on the sp version as the thread title says its still WIP.

Another idea for blood splashes on walls would to take into account gravity where aspects of the blood would run down.

Found this forensics tutorial on blood, and what happens in certain conditions http://www.bloodspatter.com/bloodstain-tutorial

oh wow... im liking the look of this mod!!! hehe going to make firefights more interesting where i just watch other people rather than shoot the enemy myself. 

question(s)

1. do you plan to make it possible to loose limbs from explosions? like a leg or an arm. 
2. do explosions make a massive blood mist etc? 

3. do you plan to make any sound effects for this mod? i.e. getting blown up could make a mushy sound as body parts fall to the floor lol 

basically all explosion based buddy lol 

1.8 rocks... nice work Zooloo

20160508075340_1_zpsd4syef6e.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Zooloo, did you ever get a weird dark shadow-effect around your blood plane when you moved away from the "UserTexture1m_F" model? I'm seeing a strange effect that at first I thought might be ambient occlusion, but I disabled that in Options but it's still there. Annoying as fck it's stopping me from releasing anything.

Hey Zooloo, did you ever get a weird dark shadow-effect around your blood plane when you moved away from the "UserTexture1m_F" model? I'm seeing a strange effect that at first I thought might be ambient occlusion, but I disabled that in Options but it's still there. Annoying as fck it's stopping me from releasing anything.

Yea, I had that issue during the transition. Had to disable shadows on the .p3d in object builder.

It seems that models without a shadow LOD will have soft shadows applied to them instead. Go into Object Builder, select all vertices, press E, then untick the Shadows checkbox.

Good luck, can't wait to try out your version!

Currently working on reworking the splatter system to take ammo caliber and health (health is already present in current version) into account.

• Like 1