I can still spot some blood. I'm triggered!

UPDATE!

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.7b.zip

v1.7b:
Meat chunks now shoot out towards the path of the projectile.

Meat chunks are now less bouncy.

Tweaked values for more blood and increased splatter limits.

Increased gib bleed rate.

• Like 8

I downloaded this mod a while ago, just to check it out real quick. But I got so used to it, it's definitely staying for good :)

I used 1.5 until now, but after downloading 1.7b, I noticed severe performance hit while messing around in VR.
Gave it a quick test in editor, and after dumping 3 mags on 3 guys (1 for each), fps goes from 66 to 42 (tried the same with 1.5, and it stays around 56fps) when looking in their direction. Spraying some more quickly gets your fps to 30.

Is this expected (since you added some cool stuff to it after 1.5) or something (hopefully) went wrong, and can be fixed?

You should totally release a censored version of this mod that spawns "censored" signs instead of blood.

Cheers

• Like 2

I downloaded this mod a while ago, just to check it out real quick. But I got so used to it, it's definitely staying for good :)

I used 1.5 until now, but after downloading 1.7b, I noticed severe performance hit while messing around in VR.

Gave it a quick test in editor, and after dumping 3 mags on 3 guys (1 for each), fps goes from 66 to 42 (tried the same with 1.5, and it stays around 56fps) when looking in their direction. Spraying some more quickly gets your fps to 30.

Is this expected (since you added some cool stuff to it after 1.5) or something (hopefully) went wrong, and can be fixed?

Performance degradation is expected whenever new features are added -- this mostly holds true for anything (though severity varies).

I will likely rewrite this entire mod once I reach a point where I've completely decided upon how everything should function. This is merely an elaborate proof-of-concept and testing grounds right now. Optimizations will be made, some things may be simplified for performance sake, and some things may be completely different.

You should totally release a censored version of this mod that spawns "censored" signs instead of blood.

Cheers

I was actually thinking of doing this for the Workshop version just to see if anyone would notice. *those screenshots weren't lying about the censorship*

• Like 1

Maybe bunnies spawn as gibs and sing kumbaya?

Maybe bunnies spawn as gibs and sing kumbaya?

They'd probably ban me for doing something that graphic.

this might be off topic but will you return to firefight improvement system once this amazing mod is done? by the way i really love what you've done with this mod, I wish there was a way to improve the blood textures though it looks like kool-aid is just getting spilled everywhere at the moment

this might be off topic but will you return to firefight improvement system once this amazing mod is done? by the way i really love what you've done with this mod, I wish there was a way to improve the blood textures though it looks like kool-aid is just getting spilled everywhere at the moment

There's quite a few good AI mods released already. I tend to switch between VCOM AI and AISS.

Regarding blood textures: I am planning on redoing the blood splatter system to where each body part has its own amount of blood, so if someone gets shot in the arm a few times, there'll be less blood released in each following shot. This of course means an overhaul on the blood texture selections, and of course, new blood textures.

TL;DR, expect new blood textures.

• Like 2

I'm glad this has been unbanned but the reason was hilarious... Definitely need a "steam" version on the work shop, and leave the normal version here for those of us who are mentally stable.

• Like 2

I'm glad this has been unbanned but the reason was hilarious... Definitely need a "steam" version on the work shop, and leave the normal version here for those of us who are mentally stable.

Maybe replace all the textures with the word, "Blood."

Zoo, you are such a horrible person for creating this kind of mod. Keep up the good work! <3 <3 <3

da35f6cc-c6dc-402f-970b-48712a018bc9_zps

• Like 1

New idea: Once a unit dies, I can attach gore models to certain areas of the body depending on the damage of each part. e.g. someone that got their abdomen shot to pieces would have intestines sticking out once they're dead.

Side note: Just finished implementing the new blood splatter texture selection system which is based off of a body part's health. The more health a body part has, the more blood it will expel and vice versa. I've also noticed a large performance improvement with this system (since it limits the amount of gore possible from a unit). In addition to this, the new textures are in -- and the file size is ~8MBs instead of the current version's ~77MBs.

I've also modified the bleeding system to continue any current bleeding on a unit after they die, leaving blood dripping from their dead body where they were hit.

• Like 4

I got shot a few times here.

cRNebws.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe replace all the textures with the word, "Blood."

You should totally do it as an "exclusive" under 18 family safe DLC on Steam Work Shop! Words like Blood, Gibs, Guts,,, bouncy meaty chunks... haha...

• Like 1

UPDATE!

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.7.zip

v1.7:
Remade blood splatter textures.

Overhauled blood splatter system to use units' hitpoint health, resulting in large, medium, and small blood splatters.

Dead units will now continue to bleed out, leaving puddles of blood where they were hit.

Performance improvements.

• Like 4

Is this fully MP compatible? If I play it with a friend in a coop mission it should work I suppose, but on a large scale thing like Wasteland? There is no automatic cleanup yet, isnt it?

Feel free to make any modifications to BloodLust. You can even release your modification as long as it follows the GNU GPL license I've packaged the mod with. I'm all for a better gorey experience and won't hold anyone back from making things better.

Thanks for the permission Zooloo, I appreciate it :) I'll be branching my own variant off and will make increasingly distanted versions from around v1.3 or so. This variant will be blood only, and will have some different behaviors and will be generally "lighter" hopefully. I mean, still fairly gory, but only in terms of blood. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the permission Zooloo, I appreciate it :) I'll be branching my own variant off and will make increasingly distanted versions from around v1.3 or so. This variant will be blood only, and will have some different behaviors and will be generally "lighter" hopefully. I mean, still fairly gory, but only in terms of blood. :)

Would like to see it. The meat chunks and alike are a bit too much for me. I also prefer just blood similiar too the effects in CSS or CS:GO. Maybe some effects for a high caliber hit, a big blood mist or something.

• Like 1

Would like to see it. The meat chunks and alike are a bit too much for me. I also prefer just blood similiar too the effects in CSS or CS:GO. Maybe some effects for a high caliber hit, a big blood mist or something.

Hi Nico. I'll start my own WIP thread when things are further along :) my intent is to make something that has some useful value upon inspection (other than the joy of blood, which is it's own value ;)) so currently I have directional splatter (so you can see direction of incoming fire) which one day will itself have information in terms of how much blood there is being related to impact of the round etc. Also, I need to have units leave a trail of blood if they get hit & run off someplace. Stuff like that.

*edit*

And, it goes without saying (hopefully) that any development I make that seems useful in Zooloo's addon can be ported in :)

• Like 1

Hey, trying out the new version 1.7c from armaholic. 

Like the new blood system but one thing, the other files were like 80MB and new one is like 8 Mb? Is this becuse of the improvment? And the other thing is that the "brain" texture dosént show up in the latest?