I will release an alpha of v1.7 for testing purposes in a few minutes.

Have you tried the bennili shotgun by Massi? That was the only one strong enough to create gibs in slx - not sure why.

Also also agree on the chunks for regular small firearm body wounds though for brain/headshots they make more sense. Shotgun gibbing is great fun as well.

UPDATE!

New version available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.7a.zip

v1.7a:
Meat chunks now emit blood when it hits surfaces.

Reduced meat chunk spawns.

Added leg gibs for vaporization (very WIP).

Modified blood splatters to be darker and not glow indoors.

• Like 2

@fragmachine:

- This can only be done with mlods as you need to add some selections, parts...

this is from the link you posted. hidden selections are for sure a way to do it. what i was talking about was more something i always wanted that would make it work with ANY unit out of the box.

the need for editable models and actually editing them all by hand was also the problem with Nou's approach which was basically several units of hte same type with each a different part hidden so you'd basically get limbs with ragdoll functionality. as far as i remember at least.

I see what you mean, but, in theory, hiddenSelections on CUP infantry models can be added without any problems, thus, allowing realistic gore with removeable limbs, etc?

Please, enlighten those of us unfamiliar with Arma modding's pet peeves.

same as above. would probably be possible if CUP wanted. they could either use those injury selections and define them as hidden selections or edit each model and make their own.

remember thoguh that all this is based on soem tests i've done myself and observing what others have done. being out of the loop from time to time you can always miss some new thing that makes old broken dreams suddenly possible.

i think i even tried defining the injury stuff as hidden selections but can't remember if it ever worked.

• Like 1

just think about the amount of time it would take to answer every post or write "will look into it" as a response to every single report.

I've done it for all my mods, and more specifically COWarMod back in the day which has 230+ mods in it which took me 6+months to build, if someone asked for help, or had a question

i wouldn't hesitate to respond to it as im proud of my work, and support those who benefit and enjoy using it, so as intelligent and capable as zooloo is unless hes strapped for time with a job,

family, or just hasn't gotten to reply yet,I see no reason why he cant look into something.

Imo if you build a mod, or something for the community and someone reports an issue with it, that they are having, i think its your duty to your fans of the mod to look into the issue,

at least respond to it which takes but a minute.

If his issue is because hes using a mod/gun what have you that is incompatible with Bloodlust then zooloo should point that out and say it might be incompatible with my mod or something.

The op's response saying hes leaving also imo is not necessary, i can see the frustration or the impatience on not getting a response, he does need to realize that modding isn't a 2hr job, were talking

about creating and building things here that require code, models, ect,. just running into one issue can cost you an hour of time if not 10 more or even worse days, weeks, i been there and back,

none the less theres some modders who dont respond, or miss the post, so you cant judge people because they haven't responded to you, we all have real lives here,

other posters responded to what he said, so thats something, take it or leave it.

Lets get back on topic here Im sure the mods, and zooloo would appreciate that.

• Like 1

I really loved what I saw in the video on Armaholic. So I tried it out but the blood looks almost black now, and the bouncing gibs leave kind of  a strange star pattern away from the body

• Like 1

I really loved what I saw in the video on Armaholic. So I tried it out but the blood looks almost black now, and the bouncing gibs leave kind of  a strange star pattern away from the body

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently tuning the little meat chunk gibs, figuring out how to make them less bouncy. Also going to make them appear more in-line with the projectile path instead of this weird jitter I have it set at.

"Also going to make them appear more in-line with the projectile path instead of this weird jitter I have it set at."

Done.

hKeTXeBl.jpg

• Like 6

^^^ Nice! That looks sexy violent.

Ok I need help.

Are flesh amounts related to caliber size etc?

• Like 1

^^^ Nice! That looks sexy violent.

Ok I need help.

Are flesh amounts related to caliber size etc?

I was thinking of having caliber size influence the amount of gibs that spawn. Right now it spawns at a probability and if the projectile is moving over a certain speed. Will definitely improve the conditions in the future.

"Also going to make them appear more in-line with the projectile path instead of this weird jitter I have it set at."

Done.

woah, yeah that looks sick. I need that! keep going  :)

• Like 1

Done.

hKeTXeBl.jpg

First time ever Arma looks like it should be in the blood/gore section. This mod make the game very good and get more scary feeling.

• Like 1

Awesome work, really wish I was as talented as you are with this stuff. It would be cool if the little particles only spawned for larger caliber weapons like 12.7 and above. Perhaps even lessening the amount of blood that spawns with each shot or injury so that large pools like that only occur over time if a body is left there or if someone is hit multiple times in the same location... either way it gets better each update.

• Like 1

WTF!?!?!

Thats bullshit. Arma2 had a model of a soldiers eye blown out of his head. They themselves said they wouldnt add gore/dismemberment but would make it easier for modders to do so in Arma 3..God forbid a military war game should have blood that actually doesnt look like watered down pasta sauce

• Like 1

It's only Steam though. Probably some appointed arbiter or some procedural image thing maybe.

• Like 1

Volvo and BI would get in serious trouble if they would allow you to upload it there. This would interfere with the legal protection of children and young persons. I know most of the players arent children anymore, but in Germany for example the whole rating system would have to be done again. Now it is free top buy for people older than 16. With this it would be 18+.

At least I can ship this mod with, "So gorey, that Bohemia Interactive banned it from the workshop."

Only more reason to stick to our trusted Armaholic.

Ayee this stinks. I'm working on a gore modification myself...not that I like the Workshop, not at all but can't there be like an input-age-here box like there is with some of the Steam store games? :S

• Like 1

are you sure it is gore related though? and not something different?