I'll write you a cleanup script when I get home. Really simple though, just deleteVehicle on each item in Gibs, BloodSplatters, and BleedSplatters.

If you just want to remove gore for a specific unit, that's not possible, as the gore has no data relating it to the unit. You could remove all splatters around the unit though through various means.

Was just about to post that I worked out how to do it mate but I would really appreciate any cleanup script you can put together.

Just used this:

_bloodsplatter = nearestObjects [_unit,["UserTexture1m_F"],2];

{deletVehicle _x} forEach _bloodsplatter;

An earlier version that I'm using you only use the "UserTexture1m_F" to create the blood splatters.

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

even the bunnies get the gore treatment...

20160502131207_1_zpsb82ixcmo.jpg

• Like 1

Great mod but still can't make it to work :( !

What are you having trouble with, all you need to do is move the mod folder to your arma3 directory and start arma3 with it loaded,

the mod works on its own nothing for you to do to get it to work aside loading it.

What are you having trouble with, all you need to do is move the mod folder to your arma3 directory and start arma3 with it loaded,

the mod works on its own nothing for you to do to get it to work aside loading it.

Yea. Just requires that you have CBA_A3. Simple enough :P

On a side note, I tweaked the RVMAT for the blood splatter and believe I may have fixed the lighting on the splatters when in shadows. They no longer look fully illuminated indoors. Hopefully it's not just my eyes playing tricks on me though. Still testing it out.

Was just about to post that I worked out how to do it mate but I would really appreciate any cleanup script you can put together.

Just used this:

_bloodsplatter = nearestObjects [_unit,["UserTexture1m_F"],2];

{deletVehicle _x} forEach _bloodsplatter;

Thanks very much.

Looks like you're on an old version of BloodLust. v1.6 now has its own dedicated blood splatter object instead of relying on the UserTexture. Kudos for getting the cleanup to work on your end though!

• Like 1

even the bunnies get the gore treatment...

20160502131207_1_zpsb82ixcmo.jpg

I was wondering when someone was going to post the bunny gore. PETA is going to have my ass on a flame for this, lol.

To this day, I wonder why animals inherit from "Man."

• Like 1

Working on vaporization gibs. Here's a lower leg.

ucrLq7f.png

• Like 1

Highlights of v1.7:

Blood splatters no longer glow in the dark.

Meat chunks only spawn from ammo with a certain amount of damage.

Body parts and other gibs spawn on vaporization.

More optimizations.

Will take a few days to get the gibs and optimizations completed.

• Like 1

This really adds a lot to my missions Im making.. thanks so much for the hard work, and even thinking of doing this. Its exactly what Arma needed

• Like 1

Awesome zooloo!

Got some ideas with screenshots for you from my mod from IFA2 (Iron Front in Arma2CO) my mod has COSLX in it, wondering if something like this is possible to do:

Head carnage/wounds

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAANEkS5PJZtTosXrYyIDtada/35

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=head+wounds.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=head+wounds2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=head+wounds3.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=Head+wounds9.jpg

Dismemberment

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=dismemberment.jpg

Pool of blood forms from bleeding, on certain terrain like grass the blood would look soaked in as in the pic

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=bleeding.jpg

Leaving a trail of blood when crawling, wounded and or moving around

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=arma2oa+2014-10-19+13-06-30-327.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=blood+trail2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pphnhsfbx9xmta4/AAAHMz1vsDcdV3uNXuoNNWWTa?preview=blood+trail.jpg

Thanks for the input! Blood trails are already implemented, and I believe BadBenson mentioned that he is working on a head wound addon. He may release it standalone or have it included in my addon. We'll see how that goes.

I am currently working on gibbing from explosions (will be a little more elaborate than the charcoal from SLX :P)

Also, here's an upcoming feature for v1.7 of BloodLust -- bloody meat chunks :)

• Like 1

Bloody meat chunks :)

RwmROR6.jpg

• Like 1

Loving the mod. Have waited for a mod like this in years!!

About the "problem" about hitwound decals on the bodies. You can try to find the Wound textures and make them more bloody then the vanilla instead. your blood look excellent on the ground. But wound textures on the bodies are so smal so the guy lock not hit at all. Like your picture on the post above. Nice blood on the ground but the soldier has been shot in the face and only have some red spots in his face.

what ever you do, keep up the good work and have fun with it :)

• Like 1

Loving the mod. Have waited for a mod like this in years!!

About the "problem" about hitwound decals on the bodies. You can try to find the Wound textures and make them more bloody then the vanilla instead. your blood look excellent on the ground. But wound textures on the bodies are so smal so the guy lock not hit at all. Like your picture on the post above. Nice blood on the ground but the soldier has been shot in the face and only have some red spots in his face.

what ever you do, keep up the good work and have fun with it :)

Thanks. I think wound textures are part of the model, therefore altering one unit means I'd have to alter every unit. Also the wound texture appears to just be a generic texture which isn't affected by any factors such as wound positions; it's just there to show that the person is hurt. Not a feasible solution. I was going more along the lines of attaching a wound model to the point the unit was hit.
  • Like 2

Hi,

First of all, nice work on this mod.

I'll just started to do the same via script, but I'm not as advanced scripter as you, so my version was really basic. And then, I see you do it, and really better than me and inside a PBO file, so I just stop mine.

I just find funny that I've never ever really think about doing it, and nobody either, and just two days after I do my script version, seeing a more better mod appear. Funny coincidence sometimes, and it's just cool to see a really better way to make something we can't do by ourselves.

Just a little thing that many users here don't even notice since the first version of this mod, and that was the same issue with my script version actually deleted, but it's just for the information.

Like it's happening with the script version I've done in the past (never released), I don't think it's coming from your mod, but surely from the weapon, and more exclusively, from the ammunition coming from the mods that add this kind of weapon and ammunition.

Killing or injuring an entity with a shotgun from mods (RHS or any others) don't generate any blood splatter. Surely something in the buckshots configs, and I haven't try with the slug ammunition until then. You can try if you use some mods like RHS or even the good M4 Super 90 from Purple for example.

In general, all weapons using the buckshot ammunition (maybe the slug too) don't permit to the entities killed with them to generate any blood splatter.

This is what Nou has been working on for OA quite some time ago. Basically, he wanted to generate dismemberment by adding transparency to the model part (leg in example below). Only problem he had with were detail maps, as these would still show up. It's quite funny that i thought about that "transparent concept", and he came out with it way back in A2 era. Maybe, hopefully it will work one day.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/28880

Adding transparencies to existing models is the main thing. Currently if you try to add a transparent CO texture to a model the other maps (SMDI, Normal, etc) show up as black in the transparent area with their details still showing.

For example I am working on a massive wounding system, where there is the possibility of losing limbs and I need to be able to make parts of extremities transparent to facilitate that. I can set a transparent CO texture for those parts but the detail maps still show up, but as matteblack.

See example: http://raceriv.com/arma2/wound_material_problem.jpg

Being able to set custom RVMAT for those hidden selections would make it work.

• Like 1

This is what Nou has been working on for OA quite some time ago. Basically, he wanted to generate dismemberment by adding transparency to the model part (leg in example below). Only problem he had with were detail maps, as these would still show up. It's quite funny that i thought about that "transparent concept", and he came out with it way back in A2 era. Maybe, hopefully it will work one day.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/28880

ye but we've been having setObjectMaterial for a while now. should solve that issue. another problem is the hidden selections. arma uses its own engine side system for the injury system which has basically the same thing as hidden selecions for both arms, legs, torso and the head. the problem always was that these selections are not defined as hidden selections in the config because the engine handles them. so they can't be made use f via scripts. very frustrating.

i also played with a concept where you use gesture animations to turn limbs and heads inside the torso to make them disappear, bu the ragdoll ruins that.

the thing that works best is the head since you can replace the face with a blown off one, like has been shown on those COSLX screens earlier.

• Like 2

I wonder if it's possible to disable BI's bleeding splatters. Not a fan of it. It looks like the toppings of a pizza fell off onto the ground and then became stuck half way through becoming a ghost.

ye but we've been having setObjectMaterial for a while now. should solve that issue. another problem is the hidden selections. arma uses its own engine side system for the injury system which has basically the same thing as hidden selecions for both arms, legs, torso and the head. the problem always was that these selections are not defined as hidden selections in the config because the engine handles them. so they can't be made use f via scripts. very frustrating.

i also played with a concept where you use gesture animations to turn limbs and heads inside the torso to make them disappear, bu the ragdoll ruins that.

the thing that works best is the head since you can replace the face with a blown off one, like has been shown on those COSLX screens earlier.

I see what you mean, but, in theory, hiddenSelections on CUP infantry models can be added without any problems, thus, allowing realistic gore with removeable limbs, etc?

Please, enlighten those of us unfamiliar with Arma modding's pet peeves.

Nice mod.Thank you for your work.

I realize that it's hard to add gore without interfering into soldier models, but red balls flying out of bodies are absolutely not resemble humans meat. It would be better to add increasing over time pool of blood under bleeding bodies, not everyone but random of them.

IMHO

But of course you're the author and you're making your mod in your way.

Hi,

I'm agreed with 42th.

The particles of flying meat is not realistic at all. Adding a blood puddle under the dead bodies is a much better idea.

And like nobody seems to see it, I report again this weird fact that entities killed by shotguns from mods don't get any blood splatters. Don't really know why. But maybe the author can do something to correct this, or maybe not.