It looks great! I remember as back in the day I made ticket on FT for more gore and blood on the walls, bushes et cetera.

Now everyone can see that level of detail it certainly is possible to achieve.

I stumbled across this YT video, what do you think about it zooloo?

https://youtu.be/n_Jk2t8EoBQ

If "cutting" models like that is possible, then just adding some physx weight and texture would return quite good graphical effect. I'm not so sure how it was achieved, maybe that modder could team up or at least chime in in the project.

Looks like chicken. Nah beef.

Looks good but wouldnt use them too liberally because I dont think gunfire shoots chunks that big out -well at least littler guns.

• Like 1

Looks like chicken. Nah beef.

Looks good but wouldnt use them too liberally because I dont think gunfire shoots chunks that big out -well at least littler guns.

Indeed. I am planning to use these chunks and other gibs for explosives. I just need to figure out how to make these objects have physics. Hopefully someone can help provide a link to a tutorial on configuring a model for PhysX or something.

Indeed. I am planning to use these chunks and other gibs for explosives. I just need to figure out how to make these objects have physics. Hopefully someone can help provide a link to a tutorial on configuring a model for PhysX or something.

just inherit from ThingX.

the X means it uses PhysX. hence we have legacy car class and carX

• Like 1

just inherit from ThingX.

the X means it uses PhysX. hence we have legacy car class and carX

This is what I have, but the meat chunk doesn't fall or anything. It's just frozen wherever I spawn it.

class CfgVehicles
{
	class All {};
	class Static : All {};
	class Building : Static {};
	class NonStrategic : Building {};	
	class Thing : All {};
	class ThingX : Thing {};

class BloodSplatter_Plane : NonStrategic
	{
		scope = 1;
		model = "\BloodSplatter\Models\Plane\BloodSplatter_Plane.p3d";
		displayName = "Blood Splatter";
		faction = "empty";
		vehicleClass = "Misc";
		hiddenSelections[] = { "BloodSplatter_Plane" };
	};

class BloodSplatter_MeatChunk_1 : ThingX
	{
		scope = 1;
		model = "\BloodSplatter\Models\MeatChunk_1\BloodSplatter_MeatChunk_1.p3d";
		displayName = "Meat Chunk 1";
		faction = "empty";
		vehicleClass = "Misc";		
	};
};

Does the object have a mass set on OB?

Also why not stick with surface bounce enabled particles? Spawning multiple vehicles on hit will cause performance issues.

• Like 3

Good news, got the meat chunk to have physics!

• Like 2

So the meat chunks would only show if hit by high explosive, or high caliber weapons right, or depending on where a shot lands too.

• Like 1

So the meat chunks would only show if hit by high explosive, or high caliber weapons right, or depending on where a shot lands too.

Still deciding on how to integrate gibs with BloodLust. I could do tiny gibs like bone fragments, tiny pieces of flesh, upon getting shot. I can also have larger gibs for explosions.

Same with the blood splatter texture sets, I can have gib-object sets per body part. So if someone is shot in the head, brain gibs would be spawned.

Still deciding on how to integrate gibs with BloodLust. I could do tiny gibs like bone fragments, tiny pieces of flesh, upon getting shot. I can also have larger gibs for explosions.

Same with the blood splatter texture sets, I can have gib-object sets per body part. So if someone is shot in the head, brain gibs would be spawned.

hmm sounds good we will finally be able to have the proper effect for shooting someone with barrett 50 cal.

What is the plan for getting this to work in MP, and what does it need to work for it to do so?

I would forgo dismemberment (missing a leg, arm, etc.) entirely as that doesn't seem very feasible or gameplay-friendly to begin with. For gibs, I would stick to smaller gibs for anti-material rifles, autocannons, and grenades. Save large gibs and severed body parts for explosions that vaporize the victim, like satchels, cannons, and bombs.

Oh also, out of curiosity, would it be possible to model decapitation using setFace and your existing EH setup? I'd imagine all that would need to be done is a head configured that's model is just empty/mutilated.

lol I feel fuckin twisted describing this stuff

• Like 2

Pretty cool, really adds to it, an idea would be to have the gibs delete after a certain time like say 5min, or have it configurable in a userconfig.

So have bleeding, gibs and anything else adjustable in an hpp.

• Like 1

Hi Zooloo, great addon I had a great time playing with it :) Personally I don't have any use for gibs, so will we get some cfg file in userConfig to adjust? :)

I had considered making something like this but now that this is here that saved me some shoeleather :) and you probably made it more bombastic than I would and you cetainly have more textures than I would have bothered to generate :D Quick question for you:

Do you have any objection to someone like me messing around with it for my own entertainment (i.e. not released)? There are a few things I would add & change to make it what I wanted to use it for. Examples:

Directional blood spray so I can see the general direction of incoming rounds by looking at the blood pattern on the ground. (I enjoy forensic-style cues ;))

Per-body part bleeding after ragdoll has finished so blood appears under the appropriate body part.

Continuous bleeding for units after they've been hit (I enjoy tracking these guys down :))

The reasons are simple, I like to find a bunch of bodies and work out what happened by looking at the evidence, and work out where the danger came from and roughly how long ago it happened. (The latter by using my Flies addon that adds more flies around a body the longer it has lain there.)

Some old screenies of some old blood work I did a long time ago:

• Like 1

Hit holes on bodys (for 5 minutes at least) (like FarCry 1) would be the i - dot of this great mod! 

Its immense - fighting in the city, fire suppression, grenades exploding, advancing and finding blood trail  -  this ist just f**ng great done!

It is possible making blood paddles FLIR visible for 15 minutes?

Not safe4weaknervers: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r_N-nTBVL3Y/hqdefault.jpg XD

Hi Zooloo, great addon I had a great time playing with it :) Personally I don't have any use for gibs, so will we get some cfg file in userConfig to adjust? :)

I had considered making something like this but now that this is here that saved me some shoeleather :) and you probably made it more bombastic than I would and you cetainly have more textures than I would have bothered to generate :D Quick question for you:

Do you have any objection to someone like me messing around with it for my own entertainment (i.e. not released)? There are a few things I would add & change to make it what I wanted to use it for. Examples:

Directional blood spray so I can see the general direction of incoming rounds by looking at the blood pattern on the ground. (I enjoy forensic-style cues ;))

Per-body part bleeding after ragdoll has finished so blood appears under the appropriate body part.

Continuous bleeding for units after they've been hit (I enjoy tracking these guys down :))

The reasons are simple, I like to find a bunch of bodies and work out what happened by looking at the evidence, and work out where the danger came from and roughly how long ago it happened. (The latter by using my Flies addon that adds more flies around a body the longer it has lain there.)

Some old screenies of some old blood work I did a long time ago:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/Blood6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/Blood3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/Blood8.jpg

Feel free to make any modifications to BloodLust. You can even release your modification as long as it follows the GNU GPL license I've packaged the mod with. I'm all for a better gorey experience and won't hold anyone back from making things better.
  • Like 1

Hit holes on bodys (for 5 minutes at least) (like FarCry 1) would be the i - dot of this great mod! 

Its immense - fighting in the city, fire suppression, grenades exploding, advancing and finding blood trail  -  this ist just f**ng great done!

It is possible making blood paddles FLIR visible for 15 minutes?

Not safe4weaknervers: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r_N-nTBVL3Y/hqdefault.jpg XD

I actually did experiment with entry wounds. I think it's possible, though a bit tricky. I need to create an entry wound model (think Max Payne 3). I can get the position that a projectile hit a person, but the issue is keeping the wound model attached to that position in relation to the person, taking into account the person's transforms. I experimented with the attachTo command but did not get satisfactory results.

Upon getting hit, I calculated the relative position of the hit position to the selection on the model that was hit, then attached the wound to the model's selection with the relative offset position. The wound was floating around the actual hitpoint and looked bad.

FLIR integration may be the next thing I implement. It looks like it's done through the rvmat.

I would forgo dismemberment (missing a leg, arm, etc.) entirely as that doesn't seem very feasible or gameplay-friendly to begin with. For gibs, I would stick to smaller gibs for anti-material rifles, autocannons, and grenades. Save large gibs and severed body parts for explosions that vaporize the victim, like satchels, cannons, and bombs.

Oh also, out of curiosity, would it be possible to model decapitation using setFace and your existing EH setup? I'd imagine all that would need to be done is a head configured that's model is just empty/mutilated.

lol I feel fuckin twisted describing this stuff

Agreed. Also for head shots, given that this can all be done through faces, I can also create multiple variants of head (or lack of head) models depending on the position the projectile entered the head.

• Like 1

Hello zooloo75, is there a way to remove/clean up the blood and gore associated to each unit ?

The single player missions I play/create are all continues game play type missions so I always use a clean up dead bodies script so the bodies don't pile up.

So it would be great if when a body is removed/deleted all it associated blood and gore is removed with it.

Is this possible ?

Thanks.

Hello zooloo75, is there a way to remove/clean up the blood and gore associated to each unit ?

The single player missions I play/create are all continues game play type missions so I always use a clean up dead bodies script so the bodies don't pile up.

So it would be great if when a body is removed/deleted all it associated blood and gore is removed with it.

Is this possible ?

Thanks.

I'll write you a cleanup script when I get home. Really simple though, just deleteVehicle on each item in Gibs, BloodSplatters, and BleedSplatters.

If you just want to remove gore for a specific unit, that's not possible, as the gore has no data relating it to the unit. You could remove all splatters around the unit though through various means.