my only issues with this mod is some blood splats i cannot walk over, and the vaporisation has too far of a range on some explosions (155mm) where someone wasnt close enough to be vaporized but the mod vaporized them anyways

my only issues with this mod is some blood splats i cannot walk over, and the vaporisation has too far of a range on some explosions (155mm) where someone wasnt close enough to be vaporized but the mod vaporized them anyways

For now you can tweak the vaporization threshold -- raising the value should help (20000 is the default value):

1. profileNamespace setVariable ["VaporizationDamageThreshold", 20000];

Thats great man^^^

Good luck with that and cant wait to see whats cookin

I wonder if it's possible to have the blood splatter onto a wall in the player is close enough?

Yeah exactly... guess I wasnt close enough haha

gunshot wound

13090675_10154867087435550_959768085_o.j13073076_10154867086495550_1658967711_o.13072144_10154867086695550_391397822_o.j

grenade kill13062800_10154867086945550_1524133643_o.

sorry if the images is spamming, tried to resize but keeps getting errors and failed.

Edited by ziant

Just want to congratulate you on making Arma more graphic than ever. I now become genuinely stressed when I hear my comrades moaning and shocked when I discover their bloody injuries. It really brings home the realities of modern warfare. Far from glamorising war, this mod takes the horrors and shoves them in your face...

• Like 1

Your textures look great! I'm sure you'll appreciate what I've done with v1.1 as far as texture handling goes ;)

As far as the shading is concerned, there's nothing I can do on my end to change that, as that's how the UserTexture object in ArmA is shaded. It's outside my realm of knowledge (for now at least).

Couldn't you theoretically create your own model that you apply the texture to? That should allow you to set the rvmat and have more control over the shading.

Perhaps if you're using the standard arma object check out hiddenSelectionsMaterials.

As a command: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectMaterial

One of the best mod for the Arma3. Amazing Stuff !!!!!!!!

I want to say to mod maker, sir when we gonna expect the stable release, means I put files in our server, next day I found new version, so again put the new one into the server and again next day I found another new version.... lol

Couldn't you theoretically create your own model that you apply the texture to? That should allow you to set the rvmat and have more control over the shading.

Perhaps if you're using the standard arma object check out hiddenSelectionsMaterials.

As a command: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectMaterial

This was something I was planning to experiment with once I learned a bit more on modeling and getting the models into ArmA.

The pictures look great - a new step for ArmA - modding...

An idea is to make the blood more depending on the damage - and protection. 

one bullet hit in helmet / west should cause less blood then dozen hits without armor.

blood tracks only when the unit has 1/5 or less HP, maybe a chance of bleeding with 10%.. No medic kit and you bleed to death (with 10% chance).

SOLVED

////but this is the only mod i can't get working!

even if i just run CBA and blood lust only, there are no blood textures,.

Do anyone have an idea?

My specs are pretty "old style"; Core2Duo@3Ghz, Nvidia 460 GTX with 8Gb Ram and 32 Bit Win7..

The strange thing is: all other mods are working fine,

Is it the 32 Bit? DirectX? /////

- update to 1.58 was needed. Was more than one week not in the game and blocked everything by firewall settings.

Although to fix the shadow issue, you will probably need to make a new model. I think shadowing is a model attribute.

Also, here's an aspect that I spotted in the comments section of one of the SLX Wounds videos which seemed interesting and feasible:

That's what stands out about it for me, too. Human blood starts off an RGB#AA0000 at the brightest, from arterial bleeding, and dries to a very dim RGB#440000 or worse (punch those numbers into any HTML colour picker to see them visually). Another interesting tidbit that could be looked into is the mod making use of the new shaders to add a wetness to the spots, which should accomplish the "brightness" of blood more realistically than changing the specular.

Aw, shucks.  It's nice to hear someone say "interesting" and/or "feasible" about something I've said. =)

I just now found out about this mod (as in, this thread, not the linked video ;-)) and I have to say... I'm ambivalent!  I love the concept and I'm always a huge fan of realism and consequences for your actions.  At the same time, I sometimes take a pause after a room-clearing operation in Fallout: New Vegas (with enhanced blood textures, also) and wonder if the Jack-Thompson-thumpers have it right...

Ah well, I suppose the fact that I feel genuinely bad about the violence, gore, havoc, and destruction must mean that I'm not one of the bad guys. ;-)

So am I correct in saying that in it's current build there is no way to make this work in multiplayer?

This is a strictly single player only mod and should not be attempted to make work on a dedicated server or in multiplayer?

• Like 1

So am I correct in saying that in it's current build there is no way to make this work in multiplayer?

This is a strictly single player only mod and should not be attempted to make work on a dedicated server or in multiplayer?

For now, it is SP only.

Some renders of a meat chunk I'm working on:

iQXHpyY.pngQXmXLBV.png

• Like 2

Playing around with the meat chunk (WIP):

YMzJRMF.jpg

• Like 5

When I saw the renders I had to think of the "pound of flesh" from the Merchant Of Venice. But Shylock was supposed to take the pound of flesh without spilling any blood and that clearly is not the idea of this addon!