Ist off great job man, been wanting an upgrade in this area for so long. Been messing around with the SLX and GL5 mods that were built for Arma2 and trying to clean them up so they work in Arma3 which they do pretty well and even better alongside Blood Lust. The stains on the walls are my favorite from this mod.

Heres a compilation of the 3 working together: (Its long winded cause I love blood -skip to 4:25 if you just want maximum zombie carnage)

• Like 3

Nice video froggyluv, especially the zombie headshots :)

To be absolutely honest, I never was a big fan of SLX (or was it GL?) gibs in A2. Some unit gets hit by a hand grenade, and he turns into 4-5 pieces of charcoal. Not a very realistic transition from a greenly dressed uniformed soldier to that pile, plus the textures were crude. I hope zooloo can do better in A3. This is already good!

• Like 1

Thanks. It is on the workshop.

Thx for adding it to steam workshop, cheers

Not possible with the current implementation. I could do texture swapping like an animation, but that would increase file size drastically.

Does file size matter really, as some mods are 15GB, most of us dont worry what the download size will be, cheers

Tonight's goal is to begin implementing blood mists (will have to research how to create custom particles).
Btw, nice vid froggy :)

• Like 8

Tonight's goal is to begin implementing blood mists (will have to research how to create custom particles).

That is fantastic. 

Ist off great job man, been wanting an upgrade in this area for so long. Been messing around with the SLX and GL5 mods that were built for Arma2 and trying to clean them up so they work in Arma3 which they do pretty well and even better alongside Blood Lust. The stains on the walls are my favorite from this mod.

Heres a compilation of the 3 working together: (Its long winded cause I love blood -skip to 4:25 if you just want maximum zombie carnage)

I am using GL5FX also!

I always thought the burnt skin can be simple texture swaps or additions on the body or  head, limbs and torso, overlaying the top skin to have different level of burns based on inherited damage by type if ARMA logged it. Damage by burn, incendiary blasts, explosives, bullets, run over, etc... It would allow for the appropriate damage decal this way with ever increasing damage.

But was unsure how someone would create blown off limbs or dare I even ask for a bouncing head.

If you can share the edits you made to SLX with zooloo for an All in One gore mod, that would be awesome.

My ideal gore level would be horror movie level - a mix of Brutal Doom with Killing Floor 1/2. :D

Wait a sec... Since user-textures aren't responsive to lighting, perhaps it's possible to draw blood splats with static particles so they get realistically illuminated? Just a thought as I understand drawing a realistic and varied blood tex dot by dot isn't the easiest of tasks, if even possible.

I've noticed some issues with blood being displayed in weird situations such as I'm guessing a unit being classed as a wall which means bloodsplats appear on him? Same goes for some weird blood display on a unit inside a vehicle.

jKd2SkS.jpg0bz53w9.jpg

• Like 1

I've noticed some issues with blood being displayed in weird situations such as I'm guessing a unit being classed as a wall which means bloodsplats appear on him? Same goes for some weird blood display on a unit inside a vehicle.jKd2SkS.jpg0bz53w9.jpg

Thanks for the report. I'll disable blood splatters for units in vehicles. Will look into what's causing people to be detected as surfaces. I do have a blacklist of classnames to avoid as surfaces. Might be a weapon holder or backpack that it's detecting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. I'll disable blood splatters for units in vehicles. Will look into what's causing people to be detected as surfaces. I do have a blacklist of classnames to avoid as surfaces. Might be a weapon holder or backpack that it's detecting.

Something to note for that picture of the blood hitting bodies, that was after a grenade went off in the middle of that crowd in the VA. Not sure if that information is useful though.

Something to note for that picture of the blood hitting bodies, that was after a grenade went off in the middle of that crowd in the VA. Not sure if that information is useful though.

The more detail, the better! Thanks.

After reading that the mod doesn't work in multiplayer, is MP support something that you could look into implementing? It would be a great addition to immersion in multiplayer sessions.

After reading that the mod doesn't work in multiplayer, is MP support something that you could look into implementing? It would be a great addition to immersion in multiplayer sessions.

I'll work on that tonight. Gonna hold off on the blood mists -- based off of the documentation, creating new particle effects looks like it's going to take a bit of time to fully implement.

Nice video froggyluv, especially the zombie headshots :)

To be absolutely honest, I never was a big fan of SLX (or was it GL?) gibs in A2. Some unit gets hit by a hand grenade, and he turns into 4-5 pieces of charcoal. Not a very realistic transition from a greenly dressed uniformed soldier to that pile, plus the textures were crude. I hope zooloo can do better in A3. This is already good!

Yeah the Gibs are kinda weird in that they are so extreme -kinda like the aftermath of a major explosion/inferno but not ideal for just a sniper shot. Ironically downloaded first graphics editor to give making new gibs a whirl same day this came out  -somehow feel this guys will do better job. You gotta give props to SLX solus tho as these were basically from OFP/Arma1.

If you can share the edits you made to SLX with zooloo for an All in One gore mod, that would be awesome.

My ideal gore level would be horror movie level - a mix of Brutal Doom with Killing Floor 1/2. :D

LOL, dude he's waay over my head -I think he could handle it but sure Id be glad to contribute in any way possible. Just watched an all out AI battle in a Takistan town and the aftermath was bloody glorious -bodies slumped in stores with brain matter behind them

*dances to Goodbye Horses*

jetagLl.jpg?1

• Like 2

This is awesome !

If you could add it on steam workshop, it would even be even more awesome !

I can't wait for the mp update ;p

---UPDATE---

Blood Lust

[4-20-2016] v1.2:

Improved surface blacklisting logic.

Improved exit-wound normal (adding a bit more dynamic-ness to the splatter positions).

Increased blood iterations (more blood emitted).

Reduced chance of blood splatters sticking out of corners and small surfaces.

Download now available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.2.zip
Requires CBA!

• Like 5

Zoo you are hammering out these updates! Its amazing how different the game is when blood splatters like these are in use.

Is this mod 100% client side, i.e could our players choose to enable it or not and there won't be any adverse effect to the server or other clients not running it?

Is this mod 100% client side, i.e could our players choose to enable it or not and there won't be any adverse effect to the server or other clients not running it?

It's not compatible with MP (for now), due to how the HitPart event handler functions. May have to use a different damage handler.

The next update will monitor surface splatters and remove them if they are no longer at a valid position. In other words, if a splatter is on a door, and the door opens, the splatter will be deleted; like-wise, if a building collapses, the splatters on that building will be deleted as well. Reduces floating splatters.

Also working on optimizations -- specifically around explosions and the massive drop in framerate they cause with blood splatters.

EDIT: Added a blood splatter ammo whitelist which includes bullets and grenades. Large explosives such as explosive charges will no longer cause blood splatters, due to performance reasons.