Haven't tried it in-game yet but I think the white outline is just a by-product of the diffuse being red splotches on a white background (and relying on the alpha layer to mask out the white). Should be easy to fix by setting the diffuse background to red also.

Tip:
As done in the ace mod, vid below.

Use impact angle from projectile to paint decal on directly behind the victim if the bullet have enough velocity and penetration power.

Would it be possible correlate the blood splash size on the wall with the ammo hitvalue?Such as the b_127x108_ball deserves much larger one then the b_556x45_ball

Would it be possible correlate the blood splash size on the wall with the ammo hitvalue?Such as the b_127x108_ball deserves much larger one then the b_556x45_ball

If the ammo contains a size property, I can do it.

Will look into it for future versions.

Gave it a try, stumbled upon a minor bug - some of the stains disappear when you get too close

Other than that, nicely done :)

As far as the white outlines are concerned, it could be a conversion issue with the image to PAA, or likely me just converting them wrong.

If the ammo contains a size property, I can do it.

Will look into it for future versions.

----Sure,each ammo has its own hit value, and you may find many hit effects are correlated with the bullet hit value in the bis particle effect config.bin, such as "

size[] = {
"2*(hit/50 + 0.2)", "3*(hit/50 + 0.2)"

};"

So I think you may use only "hit" represents the hit value.

I actually used such forumla to make a bloodmist addon 3years ago.

But you did better, for the first time we can see the blood splashs on the wall or other objets.

• Like 1

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/BloodLust.units'.

This error comes up during the following...

Loading into ANY missions, single player / mp.

Whenever the editor autosaves, or is made to save.

Tried without mods, same issue.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/BloodLust.units'.

This error comes up during the following...

Loading into ANY missions, single player / mp.

Whenever the editor autosaves, or is made to save.

Tried without mods, same issue.

I'm not getting these errors. Are you running CBA?

----Sure,each ammo has its own hit value, and you may find many hit effects are correlated with the bullet hit value in the bis particle effect config.bin, such as "

size[] = {

"2*(hit/50 + 0.2)", "3*(hit/50 + 0.2)"

};"

So I think you may use only "hit" represents the hit value.

I actually used such forumla to make a bloodmist addon 3years ago.

But you did better, for the first time we can see the blood splashs on the wall or other objets.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do tonight.

That's awesome!!!

Something I always thought ARMA needed was to have bodies vanish (in a red mist?) if they were very near a large explosion. (eg satchel or artillery)

Is that something you can (want to) do?

Cheers

• Like 1

This works and looks really good (in SP) - especially with Blood Mist from Lao Fei Mao, i realize its out of scope with this addon but it would be cool to see some (hollywoodish) blood mist on impact interpretation with this, Lao Fei Mao's version is a bit 'light' on the gore factor.

I would like to second this as an integrated mod. I checked and it seems Blood Mist does not work for me if I enable AA (have AMD). If I disable -filepatching, it works but then it renders a couple of other single player mods not working. GL5FX AI for example.

Your mod works either way.

A second request would be to allow the user to set the amount of blood. Personally, I like the first version's amount but understand some users may experience lag. Options like Light, Normal, Bloody or OMG Gore would be great.

Users who want to turn it off should simply not load it. :D

• Like 1

I would like to second this as an integrated mod. I checked and it seems Blood Mist does not work for me if I enable AA (have AMD). If I disable -filepatching, it works but then it renders a couple of other single player mods not working. GL5FX AI for example.

Your mod works either way.

A second request would be to allow the user to set the amount of blood. Personally, I like the first version's amount but understand some users may experience lag. Options like Light, Normal, Bloody or OMG Gore would be great.

Users who want to turn it off should simply not load it. :D

I'll add configuration options in a future update to satisfy people's blood lust (or lack thereof).
  • Like 1

That's awesome!!!

Something I always thought ARMA needed was to have bodies vanish (in a red mist?) if they were very near a large explosion. (eg satchel or artillery)

Is that something you can (want to) do?

Cheers

Interestingly enough, this is something KetsuCorp, BadBenson, and I have discussed as a future feature, including throwing gibs (chunks of flesh, and body parts) around from explosions.

• Like 6

Interestingly enough, this is something KetsuCorp, BadBenson, and I have discussed as a future feature, including throwing gibs (chunks of flesh, and body parts) around from explosions.

I like where this is going........

• Like 1

Oh yes! This is already brilliant - so anything even better will be so great.

One thing about the blood vanishing: if I wound some OPFOR will I be able to trace him using the blood marks ? Or does the blood disappear too fast for that (I am thinking in terms of SP missions)

-OP

Shiiiieeet, this is getting serious ;) Rock on, guys! Rock the Armaverse!

A full-feature gore mod has been one of my dreams for a very long time. Some devs, no matter how hard you try to remind them, forget that immersion is a thing. An important thing, in fact.

• Like 2

Oh yes! This is already brilliant - so anything even better will be so great.

One thing about the blood vanishing: if I wound some OPFOR will I be able to trace him using the blood marks ? Or does the blood disappear too fast for that (I am thinking in terms of SP missions)

-OP

The current release (v1.01) is limited to 500 splatters at any given time. Once that limit is reached, old splatters are replaced by new ones. Other than that, blood splatters remain indefinitely until they are replaced by the system.

Gave it a try, stumbled upon a minor bug - some of the stains disappear when you get too close

Other than that, nicely done :)

This is likely due to Z-Fighting. I'll need to place the decal slightly offset from the surface. Thanks for the vid.

The current release is limited to 500 splatters at any given time. 

That's a lot of splat...... :lol:

Hopefully some config options will include this as a feature.......

I'm literally painting the town red with this mod.....Fantastic.

• Like 2

I thought of a potential solution to prevent the application of blood decals on surfaces which are smaller than the decal (meaning the blood decal would stick out): perform a line intersections on each vertex of the decal plane to the surface it is to be applied to, and see if all 4 points are valid. (Just a note to self)

The current release (v1.01) is limited to 500 splatters at any given time. Once that limit is reached, old splatters are replaced by new ones. Other than that, blood splatters remain indefinitely until they are replaced by the system.

Alright, a follow-up question that I just thought of: Will a wounded person give off several of your blood splatters as he walks, or does it only apply to the initial wounding shot he receives ? So is subsequent bleed standard or still the mods blood ?