Blood Lust

[4-17-2016] v0.11:

Refactored configuration (should fix related issues);

Reduced blood splatter iterations (was too exaggerated);

Reduced max blood splatter limit;

Download now available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v0.11.zip
Requires CBA!

• Like 1

I agree.  A little sick, but definitely a much needed option for greater realism.  This mod is a keeper!  I have one request, if possible.  More variety in the amount of blood?  In other words, a few bodies should have only a little blood, while the majority of the bodies have more?
Is it difficult to vary the amount of bleeding for a slightly more random appearance?

I agree.  A little sick, but definitely a much needed option for greater realism.  This mod is a keeper!  I have one request, if possible.  More variety in the amount of blood?  In other words, a few bodies should have only a little blood, while the majority of the bodies have more?

Is it difficult to vary the amount of bleeding for a slightly more random appearance?

I am planning on creating more blood splatter textures, and KetsuCorp has even offered to create some authentic blood textures.

As of right now, the blood textures are chosen at random.

• Like 2

Well done zooloo75! I can't believe you just whipped this up in one day! It's a seemingly small and simple detail but actually makes a big difference for me. Thanks again.

Update inbound! Blood splatters now align to surfaces, meaning that you can paint buildings red.

Ui9FxVC.jpg

• Like 7

You are probably driving foxone and the PWS guys insane xD

But man good to see it finally aligns! Now even I'm going to test it out! :3

• Like 2

Did some quick testing and found two issues, see screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/KGcF4

The first and the second one show the blood texture hovering in the air, kind hard to see. The last one shows some white lines around the texture.

• Like 1

Did some quick testing and found two issues, see screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/KGcF4

The first and the second one show the blood texture hovering in the air, kind hard to see. The last one shows some white lines around the texture.

Thanks, I'll look into solving these issues on the next update.

@R3vo....do you use the sharpen filter?......I have found it can give a white outline to some textures.

@R3vo....do you use the sharpen filter?......I have found it can give a white outline to some textures.

Yes I do, gonna test if It disappears without it later.

Still having the config issues......

Really wanting to use this for my units dedicated server, but seeing to many issues pop up in the forum post right now. Any news / testing being done to fix these things?

This works and looks really good (in SP) - especially with Blood Mist from Lao Fei Mao, i realize its out of scope with this addon but it would be cool to see some (hollywoodish) blood mist on impact interpretation with this, Lao Fei Mao's version is a bit 'light' on the gore factor.

• Like 2

Still having the config issues......

Really wanting to use this for my units dedicated server, but seeing to many issues pop up in the forum post right now. Any news / testing being done to fix these things?

I'm not seeing the config issues. If you are using this in multiplayer, do note that I have not tested it in MP and do not plan on making this compatible with MP any time soon.

my only issue is that it is not client side, as it creates usertexture objects (learned this using ARES to pick up remains of units). Which sadly means it isnt a good idea to use on public servers that allow clientside mods as it may lag up the server

In ares down in the utilities tab there is an option "add objects to Zeus". Place the module down and choose radius and all objects in that radius can now be edited or deleted in your case by the Zeus operator.

PS. I know just stated above not tested in MP. Anyone that has downloaded successfully got it working on a dedicated server? Please say yes, please say yes!!!!

I'm going to test it on our dedicated late tonight, european time.

If we don't get any errors with just one or two ppl we'll run test it tomorrow when we're a bit more people :)

Okay, I tested v1.01 and the vertical blood splatters still exist, but it happens very rarely. The white outline around the decal however still exists, even with sharpen filter set to 0. About the config issues, don't get those at all, works flawlessly in this regard.