Sign in to follow this  
UrbanizedGamerz

Custom Car issues (Bulletproof and other stuff)

Ok So I have been working on this car for 3 days now and pretty much everything is good to go except that the car is bulletproof.. I don't know how to make a car not bulletproof I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. If anyone knows anything please tell me what I'm doing wrong

A Couple other issues that I have are the turning signals won't turn on/off I have them named correctly and everything its just that they don't work. Another thing is the mirrors. I know that I'm supposed to name them mirror_l, _m, _r  but they don't work as well. I don't know if I'm missing files or anything.

Here is my progress so far.

https://gyazo.com/3164ce6277a4d8059426cdccad6eef45

https://gyazo.com/f0e4f9640cd02d13fb7a157c5f66a406

Thanks In Advance for your help

The shaders that make it pretty have nothing to do with it being bulletproof.  Post screens of your fire LOD, your GEOM LOD, Hitpoints LOD and maybe someone can help you.

oh man i love that rvmat for the interior XD 

Based on my own experience... You need to have the position of where people sit in Fire Lod... Someone correct me if Im wrong but try that?

As far as turn signals they are the same selection process etc. as headlights. If you need further help maybe we can talk on steam my name profile is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079898660/screenshot/280722393130841015

Id be glad to help.

• Like 1

Thanks! I was able to make it so the car isn't bulletproof anymore. But I still have problems with the mirrors and turning signals

neither is that ferrari you didn't make

• Like 2

neither is that ferrariyou didn't make

Who said anything about him making it from scratch? He ported it... Like 95% of all of "Arma Developers" do.....

Who said anything about him making it from scratch? He ported it... Like 95% of all of "Arma Developers" do.....

1. i know he didn't, but i felt the need to make sure i make it clear, just in case.

2. porting in arma community means porting from one version to another within the same franchise, or at least engine

3. 95% - nice round number, isn't it? do you feel it makes your statement sound more knowledgeable, and since the vast majority, at least according to you, does it anyways, the norm. does it make it ok for you?

4. everyone these days calls himself a developer for one reason or another, but you're a big boy, you shouldn't let yourself fooled by the fools.. The ones i know (developers), and i know quite a few (see, i am getting old and have been around for a bit) don't use ripped models, they create their own. why? because that's the entire fun of it, there is no rush to make a quick alife buck out of it.

• Like 4

I don't know what you guys are going on about but I do this for fun. I don't make money or anything. I do this when I'm bored and it's just for fun. I would never try to make money off of someone elses' work.

[...] The ones i know (developers), and i know quite a few [...]

Could we say that you know 95% of them? :D

• Like 1

I will now close this thread, as its certain the author has not made this model and sourced from somewhere. Please supply evidence to me via PM of where you got the model from.

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.
Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

• Like 1