KingN

[SP/CO12] Dynamic Campaign/Mission - The Forgotten Few 2

Nice, this look like a mission I will play looking forward it.

I've played before but seems to look cannot play more too weak machine for your mission (i5)

On 1/21/2018 at 9:58 AM, amonrada34 said:

I've played before but seems to look cannot play more too weak machine for your mission (i5)

Make sure you're using 64-bit exe, if possible. You can help with the performance by reducing ambient civilians, animals and enemies, and preferring missions with lowered scale (less enemies & less friendly support)

• Like 2

Finally had the time and motivation to push through and release the new update! It features new assets, changes and fixes, plus the American versions for Altis and Chernarus. Altis map for both Russia and USA also comes with a new enemy faction: Middle Eastern Insurgents. Links in first page. Enjoy and let me know if you experience any problems!

Mission updated:

Version 1.04.00
- ADDED: American version of the mission in Altis and Chernarus Terrains (US/AL and US/CH) 
- ADDED: American set of voice overs for American version
- ADDED: Marine Raiders faction for American version, in Arid and Woodland camoflage 
- ADDED: New enemy faction for Altis Terrain - Middle Eastern Insurgents
- ADDED: Various DLC music tracks added to ambient music track pool
- ADDED: New platoon member identities for American version
- ADDED: Old Arma 2 platoon member portrait pictures replaced by fresh highres Arma 3 ones, both Russian and American versions
- ADDED: Artillery units reporting firing mission, ETA and when finished firing mission for clarity
- ADDED: Option for 50% campaign enemy strength
- ADDED: More codename components for mission names
- ADDED: Random faces for enemies suitable to faction
- CHANGED: Air extraction helicopter lands when called via radio command instead of when you get to the LZ for better control
- CHANGED: Western PMC - Mk318 rounds replaced by M855 for 5.56 caliber weapons 
- CHANGED: VDV faction - 5N7 rounds replaced by 7N10 for 5.45 caliber weapons
- CHANGED: Global base enemy strength factor lowered to make the default difficulty a bit more merciful
- CHANGED: Other minor tweaks
- FIXED: Bravo squad sometimes reported the same thing multiple times in a row
- FIXED: OnMapSingleClick replaced by stackable EH version for C2 Command & Control mod compatibility
- FIXED: "Rough landing" flight model setting enabled caused friendly helicopters to spawn damaged
- FIXED: Task description was blank after task update in dedicated server 
- FIXED: Platoon member attributes were not updated correctly for clients in MP when loading a save state
- FIXED: An issue with distributing requested dispersion values for artillery pieces
- FIXED: Missing animated NPC platoon members in Mission planning phase in multiplayer
- FIXED: Error message if none has selected platoon commader slot in multiplayer
- FIXED: Other minor fixes

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

- FIXED: OnMapSingleClick replaced by stackable EH version for C2 Command & Control mod compatibility

Oh how much i like you :D :D THANK YOU! Can't wait to try this, thanks for all these massive changes!

• Like 2

1st time trying this mission and looks great except my insertion Helo is always locked and takes off without us on board  :(

I experienced the same thing, also with ground insertion. On the other hand mission is great, good work, cheers :). Can we expect another map ports? I'd love to see this mission on prei khmaoch luong :)

@KingN I had the helo problem mentioned above one time during an early version of the campaign, but afterward it worked fine. So either that bug came back, or it's under certain conditions only?

So far the helos are working fine on my end (at least on the US missions... I´ve already beaten the RUS missions on V1.0, so haven´t played them again ), maybe some mod conflict on your mod set, guys?

KingN, many kudos again, the US missions are as good as the russian ones, hope to see a "clash of giants" on the next update (a full spectrum war between nations  instead of COIN and sabotage missions), but the campaign is awesome as is =)

Cheers!

• Like 1

I haven't had that kind of a problem with helos, must be a mod compatibility issue there I'm sure. The helos have 0 fuel at mission start to prevent the AI from taking off, so some mod is probably adding fuel to them. I could of course add a flyinheight 0 command as another way to force the AI to stay on the ground if that clears it out. I'm interested though in hearing what mods you're using that have this problem.

I run CBA, all RHS, and all CUP when playing this. But it only happened to me that first time months ago.

On 25.02.2018 at 10:13 PM, KingN said:

I haven't had that kind of a problem with helos, must be a mod compatibility issue there I'm sure. The helos have 0 fuel at mission start to prevent the AI from taking off, so some mod is probably adding fuel to them. I could of course add a flyinheight 0 command as another way to force the AI to stay on the ground if that clears it out. I'm interested though in hearing what mods you're using that have this problem.

On my side there was a problem with part of JSRS mod - RHS - Vehicles Sound Patch. Now it works great, good job again :) Looking forward to some more diversity and player's options (More sides, custom gear loading slots, another island) :).

A hotfix for an American arid camo option issue and made a possible fix for the weird problem with insertion heli leaving too early mentioned earlier. 

Mission updated:

Version 1.04.01
- FIXED: Altis Terrain - American version had Arid camo version missing in SP and in MP it didn't work correctly
- FIXED: Chernarus Terrain - Arid camo option for American version removed in MP
- FIXED: Possible mod conflict issue where insertion helicopter lifted off before all units were inside

• Like 6

Hi KingN

As BI announced Third party DLCs, do you plane to evolve this mission to the next level and release it as an official DLC? (you really should)

I think many players would appriciate (and pay for) such a good, immersive dynamic campaign.

I think BI should have released a similar official SP/COOP game mode, because this is how this game can utilise its full potential.

(I also have some ideas about how a dynamic campaign should work out, but making it happen is far beyond my capabilities...)

Anyway, thanks for what you have already gave us!

On 22.6.2018 at 1:12 PM, tuskohopkins said:

Hi KingN

As BI announced Third party DLCs, do you plane to evolve this mission to the next level and release it as an official DLC? (you really should)

I think many players would appriciate (and pay for) such a good, immersive dynamic campaign.

I think BI should have released a similar official SP/COOP game mode, because this is how this game can utilise its full potential.

(I also have some ideas about how a dynamic campaign should work out, but making it happen is far beyond my capabilities...)

Anyway, thanks for what you have already gave us!

Thanks for the kind words and I happy to see you have the same taste for gameplay. I would like an official DLC mission with a similar gameplay style and more resources put into making it. However, I'm just a one man army making something I like to play myself and I've enjoyed expanding and refining the mission I made few years back for Arma 2, just a hobby of mine. I have no plans nor intentions trying to get this released as a DLC.

• Like 3

Hello @KingN and everybody who enjoys this fantastic mission. I just wanted to inform you that I updated the release version of C2 and the incompatabilities have been adressed!

I have been playing TFF2 again for the last week and I can't stop emphasizing enough how much I enjoy it. The only input that I could think of would be more units occupying buildings outside of the 'Clear building' mission type.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, KingN said:

Yes, that will be the next enemy faction when the time is for adding more enemy factions. When I port the mission to some desert map at the latest but Altis suits too at the moment so it could be earlier.

Speaking of porting - is it possible for a user to do custom ports for this mission or is it excessively complex?

On 1/6/2019 at 4:24 PM, mad_cheese said:

Hello @KingN and everybody who enjoys this fantastic mission. I just wanted to inform you that I updated the release version of C2 and the incompatabilities have been adressed!

I have been playing TFF2 again for the last week and I can't stop emphasizing enough how much I enjoy it. The only input that I could think of would be more units occupying buildings outside of the 'Clear building' mission type.

Great to hear that, thanks for reporting, that is something that I have been getting feedback on.

Spawning enemies in houses is something that I planned but haven't implemented it as it wouldn't be ideal to have enemies garrisoned in random houses and then go hunting for them house by house in missions where you are to clear a town from enemies. If you like enemies utilising houses, I suggest using an AI mod such as ASR AI, works great with this mission, I use it myself.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:11 PM, mad_cheese said:

Speaking of porting - is it possible for a user to do custom ports for this mission or is it excessively complex?

Define "excessively complex", it takes some time to define all city areas and radiuses and few dozen other smaller terrain specific variables but yes, it is possible to custom port this to some other terrain, the file you are looking for is WorldLibrary.sqf, it holds these terrain related variables

As the next step towards my vision of this mission concept and as sort of a 10 year anniversary from the original release of the Forgotten Few for Arma 2 I'm releasing a huge update for this mission, by far the biggest update so far. I've more or less overhauled the whole mission and rewritten many scripts and optimized others so I consider this update more like a re-launch. I've revised the campaign mode to utilize a progress point system with a variable goal amount of points. Now you can choose the length of the campaign. Each mission outcome is now evaluated and scored for objective success, casualties taken and attrition inflicted to enemy forces. Once you accumulate the goal point amount the campaign is finished. As another example feature, for the first time since releasing the original version of the mission I'm introducing a whole new mission type: an enemy base/depot. This features fortified enemy facility spawned in a more open field areas as opposed the hideout mission type. The mission varies from base raids to asset sabotage, assassination, intel hunt and prisoner rescue. Also artillery spotting is a new possible objective for the first time.

To improve the accessibility of the mission to those that don't like using mods I've also released a vanilla version using only stock Arma 3 assets. It features NATO CTRG forces against enemy AAF revolutionists as the available factions at the moment.

For those that play the Chernarus versions, please notice that those versions are ported over to the new Chernarus 2020 so you need the CUP maps 2.0 from now on. Please check the required mods in the workshop for each version.

For the full change log see below. I hope you enjoy the new update and please let me know if you encounter any problems!

Version 1.05.00
- ADDED: Progress Point system - Campaign is now scalable in length and progress is measured in Progress Points. Successful missions and inflicted attrition to enemy yields progress points, penalty points are received from losses and failed missions etc.
- ADDED: Mission difficulty variation. In campaign mode you can select from easy, normal or hard missions. This affects the enemy strength ratio and earnable difficulty progress points bonus. 
- ADDED: Boat insertion/extraction. Spawns a support vessel in the ocean where you start from in assault boats. Can then also be used for extraction. Available in all missions, separate or joint with Bravo.
- ADDED: Abort mission -option. You can now abort mission and extract without completing the main objectives. You also get punished with some penalty progress points and failed objectives. 
- ADDED: Mission Instructions, can be accessed from mission plan dialog and map notes log 
- ADDED: Platoon member and air support replacement system. Lost platoon members and air support vehicles are replaced with new recruits and vehicles at the beginning of each month.
- ADDED: Veterancy and fatigue system to affect AI operative skills
- ADDED: Platoon members are spawned with random name.
- ADDED: More operation codename components to the pool, now totalling ~600 operation name components
- ADDED: Task icons for extraction tasks according to extraction mode
- ADDED: Platoon commander menu though radio command 0-0-5 that works as a hub for all platoon commander abilities, inluding new commands.
- ADDED: New animated debriefing scoring summarizing accumulated progress points
- ADDED: New animated campaign debriefing scoring summarizing all accumulated scores
- ADDED: Randomly generated faction specific names for enemy targets of interest, for more immersion
- ADDED: Ending credits to Campaign mode after campaign debriefing
- ADDED: Contact DLC Music to mission insertion and extraction playlists
- ADDED: Enemy has ability to send infantry and vehicle groups to engage known player positions at distance
- ADDED: Ambient enemy garrisoned camps, bases and depots in enemy territory
- ADDED: Hotspot warning markers inside enemy territories to warn about spotted enemy camps, fortifications, garrisons and patrols, simulating reconnaissance and helping navigating and planning missions
- ADDED: Enemy Roadblock / Checkpoint compositions utilized by revised and improved enemy outpost spawning script
- ADDED: New main mission type: Depot/Base, featuring small or large scale open field fortified positions of varying themes
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Sabotage Supplies
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Base Raid
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Sabotage Vehicles
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Assassination
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Artillery Spotting
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Radar Station
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Gather Intel
- ADDED: Depot/Base mission variation: Prisoner Rescue
- ADDED: Building Raid mission type: Hit and Run mode for some variations
- ADDED: Building Raid mission type: New gather intel variation
- ADDED: Building Raid mission type: Officer assassination variation now requires examining the officer corpse for accomplishing the mission
- ADDED: Building Raid mission type: Arrest Enemy Collaborator, with 7 different story variations, this mission subtype replaces the old arrest officer mission
- ADDED: Building Raid mission type: Eliminate Enemy Collaborator, with 5 different story variations
- ADDED: Urban Raid mission type: Assassinate enemy general
- ADDED: VDV Faction: PP-19 Vityaz SMG
- ADDED: VDV Faction: Collimator OKP-7 for various weapons
- ADDED: Numerous other minor additions
- CHANGED: Chernarus versions - Terrain switched to Chernarus 2020 version. Cup Maps 2.0 is needed for Chernarus versions now
- CHANGED: Building Raid mission type: Officer assassination variation has now the assassination as the main objective, no need to clear the area from enemies for more variation
- CHANGED: Interaction with collecting intel, arresting officers and rescuing prisoners is done by holding down key for better control
- CHANGED: Improved the mission intel report to allow more detailed information
- CHANGED: Russian and Eastern European factions have voices/radio protocols replaced with the new official BIS russian voices included since Contact DLC
- CHANGED: Rephrased a lot of mission descriptions
- CHANGED: Script for spawning enemy outposts around mission targets revised. Now outposts are more common and varies is type
- CHANGED: Hideout mission type is now named "Camp Raid" in-game as Hideout was more like an original work name
- CHANGED: Strongpoint mission type is now named "Building Raid" in-game as Strongpoint was more like an original work name
- CHANGED: Improved the loadout generator for enemy infantry to allow more detailed gear variations and different weapon/attachments/ammunition/sidearm combinations for all enemy factions
- CHANGED: Balkan faction - Revised the loadout selections for all infantry classes, e.g. VHS-D2 added and removed most western weapons that are not unique to Balkan faction to make the faction more unique
- CHANGED: Eastern European faction - Revised the loadout selections for all infantry classes, e.g. richer selection of AK-variants and sight attachments
- CHANGED: Eastern European faction - Voices changed to the new official BI russian voices included since Contact DLC
- CHANGED: Western PMC - Revised the loadout selections for all infantry classes, e.g. SCAR-H and L1A1 added
- CHANGED: Middle Eastern Insurgents faction - Revised the loadout selections for all infantry classes
- CHANGED: Caucasian faction - Revised the loadout selections for all infantry classes
- CHANGED: All enemy factions - Removed most of CUP weapons for more unified RHS weapons and ammunition
- CHANGED: USMC Faction - 105mm M119A2 artillery replaced by the new RHS HIMARS with powerful DPICM Missile Barrage for more artillery variance
- CHANGED: Required to reach the AO to accomplish missions with clearing out enemies
- CHAMGED: Updated and tweaked the infantry clothing and gear of some of the enemy factions
- CHANGED: GRU faction - Changed the uniforms and vests of the operatives
- CHANGED: Bravo group communications dialog doesn't get disabled after calling for extraction anymore in case of unexpected extraction problems and Bravo needs to be commanded to extract on foot
- CHANGED: Player character death does not affect the AI dead/alive status the he/she replaces joining game, now compensated with extra penalty points instead
- CHANGED: Stamina system is disabled for player squads
- CHANGED: Tweaks for enemy patrolling around mission target in combat situations
- CHANGED: AI squad members' running speed now depends on the endurance skill
- CHANGED: RPK-74M uses now RHS collimators, attachments and ammunition for all factions using it
- CHANGED: VDV and GRU Factions: Satchel charge replaced with 400g TNT charge
- CHANGED: GRU Faction: Mi-8MT replaced with Mi-8T
- CHANGED: Numerous other minor tweaks and changes
- FIXED: Chernarus sector offset to match the updated sector alignment
- FIXED: Missing map control dialog value widthRailWay after 1.90 patch
- FIXED: Exploding parked unmanned vehicles colliding with world objects and other vehicles when spawning
- FIXED: Ambient civilians wouldn't not despawn when out of spawn radius during mission, causing u nnecessary performance impact
- FIXED: American M249 and Mk11 ammunition inconsistencies
- FIXED: AI couldn't fire M136, M72A7 or RPG-26 but player could, added a dummy launcher mag to fix this
- FIXED: Ambush mission type: Enemy spawn point pathfind check sped up
- FIXED: Platoon members sometimes starting mission far from starting point
- FIXED: US/CH version had Altis set of civilians instead of Chernarus
- FIXED: Improved Land transport multi-vehicle convoy, vehicles get stuck a lot less
- FIXED: Eastern European faction had arid camo version in Chernarus in the American version, changed back to Woodland camo
- FIXED: Ambient vehicle patrol alive status was not registered, only stationary manned vehicles
- FIXED: Enemy infantry reinforcements too easily abandoned their transport vehicle and started walking from far away
- FIXED: Operatives KIA made corresponding portraits not show correctly in mission plan gear window
- FIXED: Enemy vehicle crew sometimes getting out of vehicle during combat at a waypoint
- FIXED: AI artillery gunner not able to fire for exact reasons unknown for some artillery types. Spawn positions more finicky about the ground gradient for a fix.
- FIXED: Actual intended spawned enemy infantry amount at the mission target wasn't always accurate
- FIXED: Sometimes the enemy got alerted for a false reason at the beginning of the mission
- FIXED: Transport vehicle spometimes had a cargo slot locked in multiplayer and everyone couldn't get in
- FIXED: Weather forecast was not true after loading mission save state
- FIXED: Mission did not end after all players got killed in Alpha squad
- FIXES: Numerous other minor optimizations and fixes

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks for this new version! I've been enjoying your mission ever since and those new features sound very promising. I'll update this post after playing the mission, to provide some feedback.

EDIT:

As of my first impressions there are some things I can already point out: 

- The planning screen now feels more important, mostly because of the following changes:

-- The veterancy and fatigue system lets us plan the missions more carefully and pick certain units for the tasks. At the same time you try to take better care of them during missions.

-- Monthly resupply is a great addition! And it adds nice to immersion and tactical feel of the entire campaign, because it makes you managing ressources in a better way.

- The new mission types as well as the new progress points system provide a great experience. The decisions you make on the battlefield are way more important since you will definately feel the consequences afterwards in a better way than before in prior versions. Should I keep the heli for CAS right now? How many days left until I'll get a replacement? Worth it? Is that soldier actually too tired to take on the next mission, and can I do it without his certain skills? And so on...

All these things are to be taken into consideration, and that's great!

Unfortunately there is one thing that bugs me. The Chernarus version comes with half of the FPS performance, compared to the one on Altis. I suppose that's related to the map itself. The Altis version runs with maximum FPS (60+) for me, while Chernarus only keeps at 25 - 30 FPS.

However, great work so far! If I find bugs or other problems, I'll let you know. 🙂

• Like 1

Congrats on your massive update. That's one of the largest mission making changelists I have ever seen 🙂

• Like 1

This looks great! Is it easy to change units, vehicles and loadouts by depboing it in the editor if I want to?

On 3/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, Godis_1 said:

Unfortunately there is one thing that bugs me. The Chernarus version comes with half of the FPS performance, compared to the one on Altis. I suppose that's related to the map itself. The Altis version runs with maximum FPS (60+) for me, while Chernarus only keeps at 25 - 30 FPS.🙂

Glad you like the new stuff. I remember I was sometimes getting worse FPS in the old Chernarus as well for some reason. I think it's for the map optimization, can't think of anything that would cause the lag in the mission itself.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:54 PM, jonstyle said:

This looks great! Is it easy to change units, vehicles and loadouts by depboing it in the editor if I want to?

The "Library" folder inside the pbo contains pretty much everything you need for customization.

• Thanks 1