KingN

[SP/CO12] Dynamic Campaign/Mission - The Forgotten Few 2

I've worked on the mission once again and I've fixed a lot of bugs and added in some of the new RHS stuff and the mission starts to look finished! The Chernarus version is ready as well and I'm thinking of finishing up the "Western PMC" faction for the initial release while doing the final testing, as the enemy faction selection is missing an all-western style option.

11 hours ago, virtualvikingx said:

Hi KingN; do you accept donations? 

Sure, why not, considering the time put into this, thank you. Sent you a PM  :)

• Like 5

Just want to say this looks great and eagerly anticipating playing your mission :)

every time i see new post i hope this mission is ready....  :O))

• Like 1

Glad to hear that people are still waiting for this mission. :) I am happy to tell that this mission has been constantly under development. I'm mainly fixing bugs but also adding little new here and there and improving a little this and that. At this moment my intention is to release the mission when the 64bit exe is released for the stable branch as 32bit has proven to be terribly unstable, especially in a mission like this, and would surely spoil the experience. Meanwhile I'm doing my best to getting this mission as stable and finished as possible for a debut release.

• Like 8

Awesome to see work is still heading forward for this, I played the first one and I really really liked it!

Can't wait to give this one a shot

• Like 2

How could I have missed this thread?? Looks great, and looking forward to trying this!
Any chance it will work on a dedicated server in coop?

• Like 2

Hi, the mission works both in dedicated and local host. I may sound like a broken record but I'm planning to release the mission soon, I've made few improvements lately and I think it needs a couple of more tries. The problem is that mission is complex and surprising bugs/problems/oddities occur the more it is tested it and fixing problems often breaks something else and the mission needs to work both in SP and MP, so both has to be tested. However the campaign is in good shape now, just few more testing and fixing cycles has to be made.

• Like 9

I remember playing this mission in arma 2 and being totally blown away by the sheer quality of it, Waiting in anticipation.

• Like 3

Good news!

Now I'm finally satisfied enough with the state of the mission and this is the big day I'm releasing both Altis and Chernarus versions, check out the first post!

This is the initial release version and obviously there still might be some bugs and quirks but I'm keeping my ears open (or eyes) and stay tuned for any feedback or problems you encounter. The AI is the toughest cookie to get working just the way intended, for example the driving skills and path finding are abysmal at times. But otherwise the mission is in quite good shape and hope you enjoy the mission!

As stated in the first post, I'm still lacking for few voice actors for the American version of the mission. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

• Like 10

That's great! Installing in on the Comrades in Arms server ASAP. You should come say hi again KingNothing, we could test the mission together. your member seat is still yours ;)

Just reinstalled ARMA 2 Combined Ops 1.62 and gave first The Forgotten Few spin and tears in my eyes. It is still absolutely awesome. Good old Chernarus as well :) Really looking forward to ARMA 3 version. BTW is donate link in ARMA 2 The Forgotten Few thread still valid?

• Like 2

I'm glad to see this released. I've been playing the old Forgotten Few for years. This mission and Antistasi is what ArmA should be all about.

However, I'm having a problem with the Radio commands. It is not letting use any of my supports such as Fire Support, Spark Command, and even worse, Extraction. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm using ACE3.

Right, a good question will be, does the campaign support ACE? I'd also like to ask if anyone tried this with ACE + ASR AI?

On 5/6/2017 at 1:23 AM, Variable said:

That's great! Installing in on the Comrades in Arms server ASAP. You should come say hi again KingNothing, we could test the mission together. your member seat is still yours ;)

Sure, I miss the old CiA days. That would be cool. :)

On 5/6/2017 at 2:30 PM, ataribaby said:

Just reinstalled ARMA 2 Combined Ops 1.62 and gave first The Forgotten Few spin and tears in my eyes. It is still absolutely awesome. Good old Chernarus as well :) Really looking forward to ARMA 3 version. BTW is donate link in ARMA 2 The Forgotten Few thread still valid?

Thanks! But you do know that this mission is released already, don't you? Sent you a PM for donations.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, ofpsince06 said:

I'm glad to see this released. I've been playing the old Forgotten Few for years. This mission and Antistasi is what ArmA should be all about.

However, I'm having a problem with the Radio commands. It is not letting use any of my supports such as Fire Support, Spark Command, and even worse, Extraction. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm using ACE3.

Hmm, haven't tried ACE3. I could install it to check it out. If it's only about fixing the radio commands to get it work I don't think it's big task. Thanks for letting me know.

7 hours ago, KingN said:

Hmm, haven't tried ACE3. I could install it to check it out. If it's only about fixing the radio commands to get it work I don't think it's big task. Thanks for letting me know. 

I figured it out. It was the C2 Command Mod that was causing it I believe. When I removed it everything started running normally.

Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god!!

I've got puddles in my panties!!

12 hours ago, ofpsince06 said:

I figured it out. It was the C2 Command Mod that was causing it I believe. When I removed it everything started running normally.

OK, great!

Once I briefly tried ASR AI with the mission and it worked quite well too.  The only problem was that the AI communication system revealed enemies a kilometer or two away triggering emergency stop for the insertion vehicle AI driver and we didn't reach the actual insertion point. And it also made all the enemies attack us from every flank extremely aggressively, giving us a really bad time. Maybe a little too spicy for me, hehe.

• Like 1

Congrats on release! Downloading with all needed mods. Love workshop and how it makes easy to get dependencies if author care to set that correctly.

• Like 1

oh Man!
I'm very impressed with the level of details!
You should be very proud!

BTW
It's possible to add teamswitch for Torch team and maybe HighCommand to Spark?
It could be useful to micro-manage the teams.

Thankyou!

I'm having a lot of fun on Chernarus

• Like 1

Just spent first hours with it and man! Amazing! I knew arma 3 version will be better but that much? :) Very nice progress on planning and base interface.

First bug or lets say quirk. First I tried Altis version. Mission was liberate and all fine, intense firefight, enemy backups arrived, spark was wiped and mission objective reached. Extraction heli down, ground extraction destroyed so nice long walk to nearest friendly sector. Ambient battle was amazing. Encountered some patrols and BMP in valley. Finaly made extraction. Second misson was weapons chache at night. Planned ground insertion and about 8 km from insertion point driver shouted that we are ambushed. it was some soldriers and abandoned BMP without crew. Our transport meanwhile we dealt with enemy turned back and returned to base so I hijacked that empty BMP and went towards original insertion point. After while BMP was despawned under our asses and we was on foot. Some clean-up or caching problem? Apart from this all worked as charm.

Tried good old chernarus version and I must say that one I like most. First mission was Raid on Lopatino and all went well and heli extraction worked. Just question, chedaki enemies are that eastern boys option? If not any chance to et chedaki selectable? I am not sure if I saw chedaky red starts on vehihles or not. I like that sector war. On Altis version, possible to add FIA guerrilla faction as enemy? it will fit Altis setting best.

Any posibility to add Save and Quit option to planner UI? as now I am forced to plan next mission and start it and then I am able to save and quit.

As deniodan said, high command for Spark will be great help.

I must say it is piece of good coding. I had Show All Errors enabled during my gameplay cos I make mission on my own as well and no single error was triggered. Hats off as I can imagine complexity of scripts there.

• Like 2

On 8.5.2017 at 3:56 AM, ofpsince06 said:

Hey, I'm the dude who made C2. Any idea what could be causing the radio to get messed up? C2 also seems to mess with the transportation system, when it's loaded vehicles end up being locked and all sorts of stuff where in vanilla it's smooth as butter. My best guess is that it has something to do with the player's group. It seems that C2 has some issues if a mission switches players between groups.

I'd love to get C2 working for this mission, the Arma2 version was one of my Top2 favorites of all A2SP community missions. I remember I unpacked it once but the structure went a bit over my head, but I'll unpack the new version and see what I can find :)

This new mission is absolutely fantastic by the way! Both my arms and thumbs are all the way up!

• Like 2